priscillaredhot is offline New Member

HGH female here -need assistance

I have completed 5 months of HGH (up to 2 units for 3 months.) I am going into the 6 th month. I take t4 at .1 mg also. I am very active, cardio and wts for an hour plus daily. I weigh 141 lbs, I have gained about 5 lbs on HGH. I just had another dunk test(body fat test)yesterday. I had one on the day I started HGH in May, and I have gained 2.4 lbs of fat and 2.1 lean body mass lbs since May. My bodyfat has gone up1.1% in these 6 months. I keep seeing the scale go up and I want to lose..I am now at 20% body fat. My diet is in check, 1700 clean recorded calories with protein 45, carbs35, fat 20 break down. I am getting stronger in the gym, but I am very discouraged. Should I stop HGH? Is it not working for me? (I have it from a pharmacsist friend so I know it is good.) I have 7 months left supply.
    Yes, my skin is better, but I am gaining weight when I am eating way less and training more!
    Opinions..and please when I say my eating and training are kicking ass, believe me, I am really bringing it! Thanks for all your help
    Last edited by priscillaredhot; 11-01-2008 at 09:08 AM.

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    I would keep doing what you are doing and get 1-2 more hydrostatic tests before making any drastic changes. There are a number of factors that could have caused the numbers to be slightly off.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Remember, muscle does weigh more than fat #1
    OK you are getting good workouts but are they workouts for tone or gain? More reps are going to lean you out, tone and cardio where more weigh, less reps will build you and you become heavier.

Are you sure your HGH is good also?

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    First question is what do you see in the mirror ? Are you more defined than when you started ?

***xxx*** is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by priscillaredhot View Post
    I have completed 5 months of HGH (up to 2 units for 3 months.) I am going into the 6 th month. I take t4 at .1 mg also. I am very active, cardio and wts for an hour plus daily. I weigh 141 lbs, I have gained about 5 lbs on HGH. I just had another dunk test(body fat test)yesterday. I had one on the day I started HGH in May, and I have gained 2.4 lbs of fat and 2.1 lean body mass lbs since May. My bodyfat has gone up1.1% in these 6 months. I keep seeing the scale go up and I want to lose..I am now at 20% body fat. My diet is in check, 1700 clean recorded calories with protein 45, carbs35, fat 20 break down. I am getting stronger in the gym, but I am very discouraged. Should I stop HGH? Is it not working for me? (I have it from a pharmacsist friend so I know it is good.) I have 7 months left supply.
    Yes, my skin is better, but I am gaining weight when I am eating way less and training more!
    Opinions..and please when I say my eating and training are kicking ass, believe me, I am really bringing it! Thanks for all your help
    I bet it was chinese "hgh", right?

My first impression would be that you are picking up some water weight from the HGH. What I have noticed in a lot of females is that you will end up carrying a good deal of water in fat, skin, and just in general while on HGH. There are a number of factors at work to make this the case, but in "most" cases it will resolve itself over time. Especially in females, who have a ebb and flow of hormones as a normal course of every month, HGH is a close enough relative that it can have some big time effects of holding water, etc.

To further complicate the situation, while it shouldn't matter, it is true as suggested above that the chinese HGH for whatever reason seems to result in a nice case of bloat for a lot of folks more so than the prescription American offerings. The first time I tested Jintropin instead of Humatrope and Genotropin, I felt like the Goodyear blimp for about 6 months due to water retention.

I will suggest another possibility too. From what you have described, it could well be that you are possibly over-working yourself. If you are a very active person, are doing a big cardio session every day, and on top of that are hitting hour plus weight sessions each day, all the while eating a moderate level of clean calories, your body may well be fighting to conserve fat as it thinks it is under hostile conditions. That is a built in defense mechanism. Too little activity and we get fat ... to much activity and we get fat as far as percentage of total composition (our weight loss ends up being in great part lean tissue while the body tries to conserve fat). Getting into the sweet-spot between these two and we make significant progress. The problem is that the sweet spot for each person is a bit different. Experimentation will usually help to find what works for you individually.

Everything considered, I would probably suggest backing off the dose of HGH just a little bit for a couple of months. There are a few other things that I would try as well to try to get yourself dialed in -

I would make double-sure that your diet has a balanced level of things like sodium, potassium, and the like, and doesn't contain anything that would trigger excess water retention. Too little salt and you will have problems. Too much and you will have problems.

Make sure you are getting a good supply of pure water and aren't perpetually slightly dehydrating yourself by too much cardio, weights, and other activities and not enough water. Too little water and your body will try to retain every last drop.

I would probably try slightly altering your workout regimin also. A daily cardio session and a good, solid weight session 3-4 times a week should be plenty. If you are hitting the gym as hard as it sounds, and hitting the weights in as long a sessions as you have described, there is no way that you should have to be hitting the weights every single day. More is not always better. If you sufficiently tear down your muscle tissues, they need a couple of days to rebuild ... not a daily hammering to keep them in a distressed state.

Try these things out for another month or two and see if the tide doesn't turn for you. Best of luck and keep us posted. I am sure you can get your program dialed in and keep making strides toward your goals.

Thread Information