Thread: pwo shakes

Muselz is offline Junior Member

pwo shakes

Quote Originally Posted by Gear View Post
    Liquid nutrion will always be digested faster because it's on liquid form. This is why we have shakes PWO as we need that immidiate recovery. Whole foods will take longer to digest but your body recognises whole foods a lot easier than processed nutrition (such as powders).

Everyone is different when it comes to this. I try and stay away from shakes and eat whole foods instead. The only time I have a shake is PWO, throughout the day and for dinner, I am always eating whole foods. I believe this is the best way to go about it as nothing can replace proper food.

-Gear
    What do you include in your PWO shake?..do you mix it with water or milk?..and how many grams of carbs and protein?

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    definatly not milk. i always use water. you want to start with about 10grams of carbs and 5 grams of protein per iu of slin. once your stable you can start dropping the carbs to 4-6g or wherever you feel comfortable
    source checks- 200 posts and 6 month membership min. entirely within my discretion
    PT is a fictional character and all posts are for entertainment purposes only.

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    I also always use water. I usually have about 75g of protein about 15min PWO, or you can have it immidietly (I only use this much protein when using insulin , otherwise about 40g), but def have your carbs right after training if you are using slin.

-Gear

Quote Originally Posted by PT View Post
    definatly not milk. i always use water. you want to start with about 10grams of carbs and 5 grams of protein per iu of slin. once your stable you can start dropping the carbs to 4-6g or wherever you feel comfortable
    So if i inject 5iu pwo, i should throw 25g protein and 50g of carbs in pwo shake?

Quote Originally Posted by Gear View Post
    I also always use water. I usually have about 75g of protein about 15min PWO, or you can have it immidietly (I only use this much protein when using insulin , otherwise about 40g), but def have your carbs right after training if you are using slin.

-Gear
    How many iu's are you injecting pwo? I know we sould start at about 3-4iu's then slowly build to about 10iu's. What is the exact amount of carbs and protein would you take pwo for 10iu's?

Thanks buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by Muselz View Post
    How many iu's are you injecting pwo? I know we sould start at about 3-4iu's then slowly build to about 10iu's. What is the exact amount of carbs and protein would you take pwo for 10iu's?

Thanks buddy!
    If you're a beginner, start with 10g for every unit of insulin . Once you get used to using insulin you can adjust your carbohydrate amount intake.

-Gear

Forgot to mention I usually inject 20IU PWO.

-Gear

Thread Information