kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member

Training and dieting has no effect with HGH?

I have recently been told that HGH, with regards to muscle building, does what it is supposed to do, whether you are dieting or training. This makes sense to me, considering that it doesn't make your current muscles any bigger, but it makes brand new muscle, and I don't see how dieting, or training, could affect the production of brand new muscle. Am I correct when saying this?

hello?

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Diet is everything.

bjpennnn is offline American Psycho
    protein protein protein

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    i wont even respond to this thread because its just totally wrong on every level
    source checks- 200 posts and 6 month membership min. entirely within my discretion
    PT is a fictional character and all posts are for entertainment purposes only.

obviously it helps to diet and exercise...cmon guys...DUH! but you hear about guys losing fat and building muscle on HGH without exercising or dieting at all. Is this true?

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainkeezy04 View Post
    obviously it helps to diet and exercise...cmon guys...DUH! but you hear about guys losing fat and building muscle on HGH without exercising or dieting at all. Is this true?
    Loosing some fat maybe but gaining muscle. NOT!!! They may think they are gaining due to less body fat but you can not gain muscle without training.

higherdesire is offline Banned
    lovbyts, I have wondered about that too. I mean, in the adolescent years when the body is producing the most gh naturally, the body is "filling" out. By that we mean muscle is growing along with everything else. Concetually I would have to say that with or without excercise that process still takes place. It is only compounded by excercise, but it is taking place.

So does the GH perform differently when supplemented? Or do they have people on HRT excercise to get the full benefit? I think that for our purposes we aren't doing it for the type of results that are possible without resistance training, however technically I would have to say that results would happen no matter if we did training or not.

Am I way off base here?

Zelos is offline Associate Member
    you compare adolescent and adult.
    in adolescent stage, the body is not finished ....
    and you forgot , the testo issue .....

that's all ............

eatrainrest is offline AR's Personal Trainer
    who cares if its true who would be dumb enough to take a snythetic hormone and not eat and workout right?

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    I think had the OP phrased his question a little differently he may have received a better response. It's well known (or should be) that when we gain muscle we are not adding any new muscle cells/fibers only increasing the size of the ones we already have. HGH is thought by many to actually increase the number of muscle cells in existance. I believe this is referred to as hyperplasia. Not sure if this is what he was referring to but hope it may shed some light on the subject.

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    so what your saying is that growth hormone makes everything grow

Quote Originally Posted by warchild28 View Post
    so what your saying is that growth hormone makes everything grow
    That is a very big generalization but is probably somewhat accurate. Dosage will be a very large determining factor. PT and Gear know more about GH than I do by a mile. I am sure either of them could shed some light on this.

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    good point

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FireGuy1 View Post
    I think had the OP phrased his question a little differently he may have received a better response. It's well known (or should be) that when we gain muscle we are not adding any new muscle cells/fibers only increasing the size of the ones we already have. HGH is thought by many to actually increase the number of muscle cells in existance. I believe this is referred to as hyperplasia. Not sure if this is what he was referring to but hope it may shed some light on the subject.
    This is true BUT I dont think it will really ad any more size but maybe a little mass??? I dont think it would be anything noticible unless you added diet and working out to the senario. I'm sure there are still plenty of FAT and skinny people on HGH.

^^ Agree, I was speaking in theory only.

Quote Originally Posted by FireGuy1 View Post
    Exactly my point! My dad hasn't really trained in about a year, yet he still has 18 inch arms, thick back, broad shoulders, etc. we were talking about it, and he attributes it to the fact that he has used a lot of HGH over the years, and that it is impossible to lose the muscle that is gained with HGH, because it doesn't make the muscles you already have bigger, but instead makes brand new muscle. Now, of course, train, eat right, and rest, whether cycling, or not. I was just trying to get some clarification on whether or not training and dieting has any effect on the way that HGH works, as opposed to steroids that rely solely upon the user's diet and exercise.

bjpennnn is offline American Psycho
    its not impossible to lose muscle

Quote Originally Posted by bjpennnn View Post
    its not impossible to lose muscle
    I'm pretty sure you are wrong on this one. No matter how little I train, or eat, I can't lose my bicep muscle. My biceps can get smaller, but I will never lose it. This is what I am trying to get at. HGH makes brand new muscle cells that can't be lost.

Someguy123 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainkeezy04 View Post
    This is what I am trying to get at. HGH makes brand new muscle cells that can't be lost.
    yes, this is why it takes so much longer for muscle to hypertrophy, after using gh.

Quote Originally Posted by Someguy123 View Post
    yes, this is why it takes so much longer for muscle to hypertrophy, after using gh.
    Did you mean to say atrophy? Please elaborate either way.

Someguy123 is offline Member
    yes i did. my bad.

thefunkybuddha is offline Associate Member
    What is the point of this thread? Are you looking for something that will give you the body you want without any type of exercising? You will of course get some results or effects from anabolics as well...but when you know all the benefits and dramatically increased effects you get from working out...why would you not? Are you that lazy? No offense but this is a very ridiculous question in my opinion. You would surely get more results from working out and eating right alone...then taking anything and not working out.

Quote Originally Posted by thefunkybuddha View Post
    What is the point of this thread? Are you looking for something that will give you the body you want without any type of exercising? You will of course get some results or effects from anabolics as well...but when you know all the benefits and dramatically increased effects you get from working out...why would you not? Are you that lazy? No offense but this is a very ridiculous question in my opinion. You would surely get more results from working out and eating right alone...then taking anything and not working out.
    Have you seen my avatar? I'm obviously not lazy. What I am asking in this thread, if you even bothered to read it all, is if exercising and dieting has any effect on the way HGH works.

tehpish is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eatrainrest View Post
    who cares if its true who would be dumb enough to take a snythetic hormone and not eat and workout right?
    I need to get my diet right .... *sigh*

Thread Information