Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    DCannon is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Hope your doing well Gappa, do you still have shortness of breath?

paulzane is offline Productive Member
    Good Luck Gappa!

Gappa is offline Member
    No I feel g2g. I took like 2 weeks off from the gym since this happened. I will start back on monday I think. My cardiologist called me today and says everything looked great on the stress test and nuclear heart scans.
    so I guess I will hit a few hundred mgs of tren and a gram of test and start hitting it again. lol JK

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    good luck bro. scary stuff to hear

ni4ni is offline Pharmaceutically Enhanced
    pharm-muscle, why would you suggest a statin not knowing he's lipid panel?
    worse case scenierio is the statin c/would lead to rhabdo. just curious.
    mb i overlooked the lipid panel.

Gappa is offline Member
    even scarier to experience it. It's a frightening sensation that feeling of not being able to catch your breath, I cannot imagine how awful that would be to die that way.

Gappa is offline Member
    what is rhabdo?

Gappa is offline Member
    all kinds of odd words associated with the heart.. infarction,sestamibi,

is a dissolution of skeletal muscles that produces a nonspecific clinical syndrome
    that causes extravasation of toxic intracellular contents from the myocytes into the circulatory system.

keep in mind that syndrome is associate w/ STATINS, which are drugs to tx high lipids in your blood. dont want you thinking its a heart condition

pharm-muscle is offline Associate Member
    Pleotrophic effects of statins are one of the benefits of use besides corecting dyslipidemia...rhabdo is rare!...dont scar the man...haha

recent studies indicate that some of the cholesterol-independent or “pleiotropic” effects of statins involve improving endothelial function, enhancing the stability of atherosclerotic plaques, decreasing oxidative stress and inflammation, and inhibiting the thrombogenic response. Furthermore, statins have beneficial extrahepatic effects on the immune system...and some vasodilation!

Obviously he doesnt need them...but if he infact has chronic heart failure (the NEW proper term for congestive heart failure)...I think it is a good idea to prevent any more stress on the heart...if you are diagnosed with heart failure regardless of the etiology...you also need to get all vaccines up to date...flu, pneumo are the real important ones in HF. Take some low dose aspirin, and watch your blood pressure! HF also requires a sodium and fluid restriction of less than 2g and 2Liters per day!

Good luck man

pharm-muscle is offline Associate Member
    Eye 4 an eye...i dont think extravasation is the word you are looking for...that means leaking out veins...cant be leaking out of veins into the circulatory system (kinda contradictory)? The rest sounds good tho...Pop quiz...what organ will rhabdo eventually destroy?

Gappa is offline Member
    My PCP gave me an alternative to the adderall I was taking called Nuvigil. It is still a stimulant but doesn't affect the heart function. I kinda like it...

Gappa is offline Member
    duh.. rhabdo affects the penis. advanced cases have reported their member actually shriveling up and falling off. extravasation is when the nads of a steriod abuser pack up their balls and leave. this is often found in patients who skimped on their PCT.

brahmabull is offline New Member

Talking

I am about to respond to this thread and you guys may not like what you hear. I, too, used aas along with peptides within the last couple of years. In 2008, I was diagnosed with mitral valve prolapse. My cardiologist said it was mild and nothing to worry about and I was (and still) taking 20 mg of time-released coreg ( same as cardiovel), lisinoprel, plavix, crestor, and a baby aspirin. So, I continued taking aas and began using hgh peptidesy. No symptoms and no fluid backup in my lungs until march of 2011. On march 14, 2011, I began coughing up bright red sputum and had severe shortness of breath. I had bouts of shortness of breath days following the 14th but not anything serious until I trained on the 13 th. I was huffing and puffing after a light warm up set and I thought I was going to die after just 10 mins of submax cardio on a bike.

Well, I was admitted to the e.r. where i was almost put on a breathing machine for my shortness of breath and my low oxygen levels. They cat scans and found pulmonary edema and alveolar hemorrhage in the lungs. They then did an echo on me and discovered I had severe mitral valve resuscitation. The docs told me if I didn't get my valve fixed I could die in a few weeks. I took their advice and went in for surgery for mitral valve repair. I had a thoracotomy instead of open heart surgery where they crack your chest open.

I was discharged on April 2 and have been home recovering. My meds have changed and because I had bouts of a-fib in the hospital so I am on coumadin for whole freakin month. I can no longer lift heavy and I now have to incorporate some pansy ass workout that involves more toning than bodybuilding. So, its up to you if you continue doing aas with your condition. But, just to to let you know my arteries were squeaky clean too and I too.thought I was going to be okay.
    Do what you want man. Just be careful.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information