Thread: insulin

shuarma is offline Junior Member

insulin

i'm looking to run insulin in about 4 months (need more time to learn about it) for roughly 6 weeks and i was just curious as to what i should expect from it with hard training, great diet, and good amount of sleep. is it worth it? and do i just go to the pharmacy and ask for Humulin R?

thanks in advance
    -Gill

skeldno is offline Member
    Bump

Klimax is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shuarma View Post
    i'm looking to run insulin in about 4 months (need more time to learn about it) for roughly 6 weeks and i was just curious as to what i should expect from it with hard training, great diet, and good amount of sleep. is it worth it? and do i just go to the pharmacy and ask for Humulin R?

thanks in advance
    -Gill
    Insulin properly used can help you to but alot of mass, but a wrong dose will kill you and with a not perfect diet it will make you fat. If you aren't very expert, leave it to diabetics and pro bbuilders.
    In some states you can buy it without prescription.

JimInAK is offline Member
    If you can't get insulin from the pharmacy in the state where you are at, you can buy it online from a Canadian pharmacy. You should take note of what Klimax says though, cause the improper use of insulin can kill you. You should have something with sugar in it available nearby, in case you go hypo and you should start at a very low dose until you know how your body reacts to it. I don't recommend that you use insulin, unless you really know what you are doing. Based on your questions and statements you may want to seriously think about what you are considering and you should learn more, because it's possible to die from making a small mistake.

skeldno is offline Member
    Well if you guys read his post he stated he is waiting to use it so he can learn more about it and he is asking us info on it anyway so he is learning bout it.

Klimax is offline Member
    The Book On Insulin

I found this link very useful.

Reed is offline AR's Pitbull ~Vet~
    I look at insulin as more of a recovery drug.

Did I see rapid amounts of pounds added to my frame in a short amount of time.... no.

But I did notice strength increases and my recovery to be improved as I now will be using in b/w cycles....

Read all that you can on insulin as there a lot of misconceptions on the use of it. The primary one that people still believe is that one can not consume fat while insulin is active. There is not one bit of evidence that says consuming fat while it is active will make you fat.

There are numerous protocols for the use of insulin other than the standard PWO.

However my suggestion for a first timer is to do the basic PWO protocol with Humalog (fast acting) for a first run as Humalog-R has multiple spikes which may be difficult to handle depending on person's schedule

Harveys thread is good, another good thread to follow: Insulin 101 for newbies

shuarma is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Reed View Post

Did I see rapid amounts of pounds added to my frame in a short amount of time.... no.

But I did notice strength increases and my recovery to be improved as I now will be using in b/w cycles....

Read all that you can on insulin as there a lot of misconceptions on the use of it. The primary one that people still believe is that one can not consume fat while insulin is active. There is not one bit of evidence that says consuming fat while it is active will make you fat.

There are numerous protocols for the use of insulin other than the standard PWO.

However my suggestion for a first timer is to do the basic PWO protocol with Humalog (fast acting) for a first run as Humalog-R has multiple spikes which may be difficult to handle depending on person's schedule

i was thinking of using Humalog instead of Humulin R because it's active for shorter and a lot more easy to work with it, but i just don't think i could get my hands on Humalog...but i will try.
    oh yeah, and how much weight did you gain while taking insulin?

Klimax is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Reed View Post

Really you shouldn't consume fats while on slin? Thank you for the information. It sounded strange to me: fats increase insulin sensivity. I'm going to do better my homework.

Reed is offline AR's Pitbull ~Vet~
    Quote Originally Posted by shuarma View Post
    i was thinking of using Humalog instead of Humulin R because it's active for shorter and a lot more easy to work with it, but i just don't think i could get my hands on Humalog...but i will try.
    oh yeah, and how much weight did you gain while taking insulin?
    Well I have ran it three times. Twice off cycle to help hold weight, and once at the beginning of a cycle so to be honest couldn't tell you how much I gained due to the use of insulin .
    Quote Originally Posted by Klimax View Post
    Really you shouldn't consume fats while on slin? Thank you for the information. It sounded strange to me: fats increase insulin sensivity. I'm going to do better my homework.
    Maybe I'm reading your statement wrong but what I meant was that you CAN consume fats while on slin. Tons of "stickies" and protocols around the boards will state not to for whatever bs reason they give.

Klimax is offline Member
    The stickies i read stated not to take fat while slin is active.
    But your information makes my diet easier, because concentrate the fats in the evening was not the best.
    Could you give me any useful links to improve my knowledge about slin?

Thread Information