TestyI is offline New Member

Young guy looking into GHRP peptides for injury recovery

I have to make this brief due to wrist tendonitis + typing

Are growth hormone releasing peptides safe for people who's hormonal systems aren't fully developed? i.e. young adults? I'm 18 but hit puberty late. My doctor says physically, I am like a 16 year old.
    GHRPs don't shut down natural GH production, they stimulate it. So, when the person comes off the peptide, natural levels resume right? Unlike young guys taking steroids . But would they surpress GHRH, causing low levels later for young guys?

I have countless injuries at the moment. The first 7 months I got into lifting I did too much too soon with bad form. I have lots of pain. I've been doing physio for 6 months, but the doctors say it's about another 10 until I can hit the gym again. Since GH increases collagen synthesis so drastically, peptides that stimulate GH release would be great for my injuries.

GHRP-6 GHRP-2 Ipamorelin Mod GRF (1-29)and Hexarelin are all attractive, affordable peptides I'm reading up on. Couldn't find much on pubmed for my particular question though.

Thanks
    Last edited by TestyI; 04-14-2012 at 05:50 PM.

Razor is offline Banned
    Get an ipad and stop typing on a keyboard problem solved
    Stop going to the gym and lifting weights, that solves that problem.

I have stopped lifting. In the original post I say that the doctors say it's about another 10 months until I can hit the gym again. I just do my physiotherapy exercises now.

Ipad and texting is even more painful. thanks for the suggestion though

Razor is offline Banned
    I had capal tunnel and my iphone and ipad solved my problem, stop using a keyboard, just do it, and then your pain will go away, your too young to be getting this many injuries
    If the ipad makes it worse dont use that either, there was a day when we had no keyboards, iphones and ipads and people got along just fine. your still in high school.

I don't have carpal tunnel. What worked for you hasn't worked for me. Carpal tunnel is a whole different ballpark - it's a nerve issue.

The injuries I have that typing aggravates are wrist tendonitis (as a result of ligament damage), tennis elbow, and annular ligament degeneration. Stopping typing won't fix that.
    Before starting physio 6 months ago I spent 4 months being inactive, not using computers, etc. Didn't help much. The physio exercises are working, but it takes 2 hours a day (injuries all over my body) and I have to do it for 10 months. I do want to speed it up

Razor is offline Banned
    wrist tendonitis is commonly misdiagnosed as carpal tunnel and vice versa. I had one or the other and they both went away from laying off the keyboard and icing my hands and wrists. I also had tennis elbow or what you call elbow tendinitis.
    I know what I am talking about.
    What you are seeking with Peptides is not your answer. Im trying to help and keep you from hurting yourself more.
    I cured myself without a doctor.
    Last edited by Razor; 04-14-2012 at 06:35 PM.

I know you are trying to help me and I thank you for it but what you are suggesting has not helped me and I know I don't have carpal tunnel. No pain extending into first 2 fingers or thumb or any other CTS symptoms.

The wrist tendonitis has nothing to do with CTS. I spent 4 months only using a computer to check my email every few days, liberal ice applications, compression, etc. Didn't help me.
    I live in Canada and have seen extensive doctors and done my own research and they all agree - I sprained my wrists working out but didn't let it heal, kept working out, further damaging ligaments in my wrists. I have had MRI, xray etc.
    Now my wrists are hypermobile, and the tendons are tight and painful because they're doing the ligaments job of stabilizing my wrists.

Physiotherapy and prolotherapy injections are what help me. I limit my comp use still. This thread was a bad idea considering all the typing :P
    Last edited by TestyI; 04-14-2012 at 06:56 PM.

Razor is offline Banned
    Try this..get two buckets of water...one as hot as you can handle it...the other one ice cold...dip you hands in past your wrists in the hot water for 20 seconds. It's gong to be hot...hold them in there for 20 seconds
    ..then immediatly go to the cold water..ice cold water and leave them in there for 3 minutes ..do this 5-10 times 2-3 times a day..come back and tell me if it helps..just trust me
    Last edited by Razor; 04-15-2012 at 10:36 AM.

freakedoutmatt is offline New Member
    Anything increasing growth hormone will strengthen your ligaments and help you heal faster. I separated a tendon in my shoulder and few years ago. It has always given me trouble, even with therapy and tough workouts to strengthen it. Once I started taking some peptides, it has felt so much better and has been much stronger. A friend also injured his shoulder and has had the same experience. Growth hormone is a wonderful thing :-).

I wish you a speedy recovery!

Razor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by freakedoutmatt
    Anything increasing growth hormone will strengthen your ligaments and help you heal faster. I separated a tendon in my shoulder and few years ago. It has always given me trouble, even with therapy and tough workouts to strengthen it. Once I started taking some peptides, it has felt so much better and has been much stronger. A friend also injured his shoulder and has had the same experience. Growth hormone is a wonderful thing :-).

I wish you a speedy recovery!
    He's 16 bro..has more than enough gh with his pulse to recover ...how old are you?

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    As Razr said contrast therapy is good. Cold/Hot therapy. Using just ice frequently several time a day is also very helpful.

As for the Ipad or even PC download a txt to type program. I have one for my Droid and it works great 99% of the time. Sure beats typing.

freakedoutmatt is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Razr.

He's 16 bro..has more than enough gh with his pulse to recover ...how old are you?
    Didn't see him say he was 16.

Razor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by freakedoutmatt View Post
    Didn't see him say he was 16.
    What we have recommend will more than serve him, no 16 year old need to be injecting hormones unless prescribed by a medical professional

I'm not injecting hormones though. I'd be injecting things that stimulate my body to create more of their OWN hormones.
    And I'm just trying to find out if that's as safe as it seems.

Edit: Also I have been doing a similar thing to what you suggested Razr., I put my arms in a hot bucket for 3 minutes, ice cold one for 1 minute, then repeat.
    It does offer some relief. The doctors are advising me against it though - because while it offers relief, it only removes the inflammation that hurts, that inflammation heals the injury. And that is also counterproductive to my prolotherapy injections.
    Last edited by TestyI; 04-15-2012 at 07:33 PM.

Razor is offline Banned
    Do it the other way around 20-30 seconds of hot then 3 minutes of cold it works better and the doctor is wrong it breaks up the buildup of shit on your tendons thats causing the inflamtion

You dont need to stimulate your own pulse because you have enough already and then some.
    Last edited by Razor; 04-16-2012 at 03:10 PM.

Yes, that's what he said, but that buildup causing the inflammation is what heals the tendon (he said).

I will try it nonetheless. Thanks

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by TestyI View Post
    I'm not injecting hormones though. I'd be injecting things that stimulate my body to create more of their OWN hormones.
    And I'm just trying to find out if that's as safe as it seems.

Edit: Also I have been doing a similar thing to what you suggested Razr., I put my arms in a hot bucket for 3 minutes, ice cold one for 1 minute, then repeat.
    It does offer some relief. The doctors are advising me against it though - because while it offers relief, it only removes the inflammation that hurts, that inflammation heals the injury. And that is also counterproductive to my prolotherapy injections.
    who told you that peptides will allow for more GH response than your body will already make??

if you are 46 yrs old and your max gh pulse at night is reduced from 2.0 per pulse to .9 per pulse at night when it should be the biggest pulse, then yes, it will work..

but a 16 yr old will be having maximized pituitary gland activity, and thus it's questionable if peptides will be effective..

I haven't read any study or reviews that hint that it would be effective.. but i don't know everything..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Harv is offline New Member
    Hows you injurie coming along. Figure anything out?

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    It's been 8 months since his last post. I think he is another one lost.

Thread Information