bo4d4 is offline New Member

Igf reconstitution help quick!!

My blue top IP IGF says ... Add .3 ml Acidic acid + 2ml sterile water. I have both 1/2 and 1cc insulin pins. How do I measure .3 ??? Which better pin to use?? And mcg how to measure and which pin works best?? Please give me step by step .... How many lines exactly?

frawnz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    1/2 cc = .5 mL
    1 cc = 1 ml

So you can use either. .3 mL will be the 30 hash mark on both insulin pins.

bo4d4 is offline New Member
    heh ... Pretty simple when you explain like that. How about mcg? 1 line on 1/2 cc pin is 10 mcg right?

frawnz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    there's no direct conversion of mcg (micrograms) and ml (mililiters) as mcg describes weight, and ml describes volume. So it's dependent upon the actual substance.

However many mcg of IGF you have in each vial remains the same regardless of how much water/fluid you mix it with. It's simply a matter of figuring out how many mcg per ml there is.

example:
    500 mcg of IGF
    .3 ml Acidic acid
    2 ml sterile water

That means there's 500 mcg per 2.3 ml of fluid or 500/2.3 = 217.4 mcg per CC (1ml), which would mean each 10 mark on an insulin needle would represent about 22 mcg

So take the weight (mcg) of the igf in your vial and divide it by the volume of liquid you add (should be 2.3 based on your original post), and then divide that number by 10 to figure out what each 10 hash mark is equal to.

Thread Information