Thread: Hgh & t3

Hgh & t3

Been reading a lot about taking T4 along with HGH. One post from a vet said the T4 was almost essential if all the benefits of the HGH is to be realized. K, here's my problem. I can't get my hands on T4 but I can get T3. Can I take T3 with HGH and get the same results? Thanks

It was a while ago that I really read up on this, but the simple answer is no.

What we are really after to optimize the effects of GH is elevated T3 but from T4 via the body's natural conversion process. Taking T3 by itself is catabolic and will shut down natural production of TSH and thereby T4 and T3 whereas GH supplementation causes an increased conversion of T4 to T3 and in this way the effects of GH can be optimized while avoiding the problems of taking T3 directly.

Why can't you find thyroxine? It's all over the internet and cheap as dirt.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Hartman View Post
    It was a while ago that I really read up on this, but the simple answer is no.

What we are really after to optimize the effects of GH is elevated T3 but from T4 via the body's natural conversion process. Taking T3 by itself is catabolic and will shut down natural production of TSH and thereby T4 and T3 whereas GH supplementation causes an increased conversion of T4 to T3 and in this way the effects of GH can be optimized while avoiding the problems of taking T3 directly.

Why can't you find thyroxine? It's all over the internet and cheap as dirt.
    interesting....I knew t3 was catabolic but was not aware it shuts down the natural production of TSH....so if this is true, then I wonder about taking the t3/t4 combo as in Armour etc doing the same thing or if sticking to t4 is better after all.....there is so much controversy over this

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    interesting....I knew t3 was catabolic but was not aware it shuts down the natural production of TSH....so if this is true, then I wonder about taking the t3/t4 combo as in Armour etc doing the same thing or if sticking to t4 is better after all.....there is so much controversy over this
    I should have been more clear in what I posted above.

TSH will be suppressed by supplementing with T3 via the negative feedback loop when excessive levels of T3 are reached.

If you're supplementing with T3 alone or Armour, due to having low T3 or in order to replenish the body's natural levels, then TSH should not be suppressed.

It's all theory anyway, even doctors who are experts on thyroid function can't predict how different individuals will respong to different thyroid treatments.

Ok, so no T3 with HGH. What about the T3 + Clen stacks? Is T3 a better stack over T4 when running clen? This is my dilemma. I've been reading a number of posts on the Anabolic Steroids section where all of the clen cycles are done with T3. So, if one was on HGH and want to run can clen cycle must one run with T4 or can they run with T3?
    Last edited by ScotchGuard02; 03-27-2011 at 09:23 PM.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    I have always hear T3 with clen ....but food for thought since with the gh too.....

If you're gonna be taking AAS as well then take the T3 but without AAS I would stick with T4. IMHO T3 is just too catabolic to take without AAS support, even while on GH.

Ok, I understand now. Thanks

Thread Information