dmk327 is offline Associate Member

Insulin: Long Term Risks?

Well I have been thinking alot lately about some of the so called "experts" you can come across in the gym and in life in general. So someone I came to know juiced and was "big". Anyways as time went went on he inevitably got off the cycle. At that point he began running I believe about 15 IU's 3 times a day as a bridge and to put on more "muscle". Taking 450 grams of protein a day, mostly from shakes (I'm not even going to get into why this is so wrong), tons of freaking carbs after the nolvalog injections. Well he went from 280-305lbs in a very short period of time. You can imagine this was all "lean mass" whatever I'm not going to argue... I tried many times to help and offer the advice that this wasn't the healthiest way to be going about this and made a few theories about why it was dangerous.

Well I am here to learn the real answers to these questions I had about the long term risks of insulin use( I am well aware of the short term effects from takng too much or not enough carbs with it) in non-diabetic bodybuilders and also a little about probable realistic lean gains from the use.
    Here's what I would like to know:
    1. Does exogenous insulin strain the endogenous production of insulin?
    2. Can overuse cause insulin resistance?
    3. Will this make you more likely to become diabetic or bring latent diabetes on faster?
    4. Can this speed up tumor growth?
    5. Does this strain any organs such as the brain, heart, liver, eyes, etc. ?
    6. Does this have a whole system, much like AAS has the HPTA, which would all get thrown out of wack as a result of using insulin?
    7.If you are not a bodybuilder and are purely a recreational lifter is this necessary at all?
    8. What are realistic gains in lean body mass for a 1 month cycle of "anabolic doses"?
    9. Is it possible someone put on 20 lean pounds from doing a one month cycle of this as part of pct? I am very skeptical as I could not tell, was bigger but couldn't see anything just like before the start so whatever.

Thanks guys. And no I am not planning on using insulin, this is pure curiosity and sort of trying to look out for someone(who doesn't ****in listen).

dmk327 is offline Associate Member
    Anyone wanna take a bite at this?

yungone501 is offline Senior Member
    Bump.

Good questions...

delta1111 is offline Associate Member
    There seems to be very little interest from people on this forum regarding Insulin . Only a couple of vets seem to want to offer advise on the subject. Maybe this is because of the potential hazards?

gymfu is offline Knowledgeable Member
    -Insulin use should only prevent natural release while the exogenous is active (they have different times).
    -I have never heard of insulin resistance, but I'm no expert.
    -I would have to guess that this could aggrevate latent person, but I've never heard of anyone becoming a diabetic, but everyone I know that has used it cycles it.
    -Tumor growth? No idea.
    -Can't think of why it would strain any organs, other that the pancrease af course.
    -No, insulin use will have no effect of the HPTA. Testosterone and thyroid would not be effected.
    -Necessary? No. But insulin is the most anabolic hormone there is so it is a effective way to make your body utilize the nutrients to build muscle.
    -It will of course depend on the diet, and other factors. But if all was optimal I could see maybe 5-8lbs of actual muscle, maybe? As part of PCT you can forget it. You will probably still go backwards as the AAS works its way out of your system.

Hope I was a help, I consider myself no expert and have only limited personal experence with insulin but I know a lot of guys using it.

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    its not worth it, period

i spent a very lethargic month after my last run on it, i took tht as a warning not to fvck with it again.............

Thread Information