Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By boxingfan30

Thread: Why is HGH illegal?

boxingfan30 is offline Member

Why is HGH illegal?

I've done a fair amount of reading about it and while I realize the possible cancer risk IF you have cancer, I don't really see major side effects other than joint pain and other things that your average pain killer could produce. Weed was just made legal in a few states and alcohol is the REAL killer in this soceity, so.... why is HGH? Sort of stupid IMO.
    IronManPeptides likes this.

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boxingfan30
    I've done a fair amount of reading about it and while I realize the possible cancer risk IF you have cancer, I don't really see major side effects other than joint pain and other things that your average pain killer could produce. Weed was just made legal in a few states and alcohol is the REAL killer in this soceity, so.... why is HGH? Sort of stupid IMO.
    It's only approved for GHD and lipodystrophy in AIDS/HIV.

I'm heading to bed....but I've had the same conversation 3x last week with other members. There are several possible symptoms that could arise from HGH. Not every body would experience these symptoms. Some can occur after a few short weeks of use, some only after several years of use, and some depending on the dose (amount) injected. These symptoms can occur at low and high doses. It just varies from person to person. Possible symptoms could include:

- influenza like symptoms
    - headaches
    - hypertension
    - arthralgia
    - myalgia
    - increased sweating
    - rash
    - general weakness
    - fatigue
    - edema (water retention)

These are the more common symptoms. There are also potentially more serious side effects. These would generally be observed however at higher doses (e.g. 7-15 iu per day).

Ok that's fair, but i've seen worse symptoms on the back of my bottle of anti-anxeity medicine tbh. So at the very worst, you stop using the HGH right? You're average person who uses it for anti-aging (which i'm not sure of the dose for that) or because they are low on it they take 1 iu's or less a day don't they?

Quote Originally Posted by boxingfan30
    Ok that's fair, but i've seen worse symptoms on the back of my bottle of anti-anxeity medicine tbh. So at the very worst, you stop using the HGH right? You're average person who uses it for anti-aging (which i'm not sure of the dose for that) or because they are low on it they take 1 iu's or less a day don't they?
    A few of my MDs prescribe it off label for their elderly patients. At low doses (1-2ius), patients report an improved sense of well being, stable appetite, increased energy, better rest/sleep, etc. Unfortunately, "aging" is not perceived (by the FDA or AMA) as a disease or degenerative condition, but rather a natural process of life. Despite anecdotal evidence that it provides improvement, it's a long way away from the FDA or any other regulating agency to approve GH for aging.

There are greater risks at higher doses (5ius or more per day):

- hypercholesterolemia
    - diabetes
    - acromegaly
    - carpal tunnel syndrome

swithuk is offline Associate Member
    in your opinion , what would be the benefits of 5i.u e.d ?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by swithuk
    in your opinion , what would be the benefits of 5i.u e.d ?

thanks
    I've run GH as high as 10iu/day. I will caution anyone that you should NEVER start at doses this high and even a dose of 4iu per day to start can produce some unpleasant side effects (headaches, fatigue, edema, peripheral sensory neuropathy).

Running doses of 5iu or more a day typically yield:

- increased strength
    - reduced abdominal/body fat
    - increased vascularity
    - increased appetite
    - improved sleep

Again, when using GH it's best to start at a low dose (1-2ius) daily and titrate upwards, slowly, over several weeks, to minimize side effects and gauge your reaction to increasing doses.

There is also proper injection protocols and cycles to observe to limit undesirable effects.
    Last edited by MuscleInk; 11-19-2012 at 04:46 AM.

Don't the benefits take several months sometimes to notice? 10 iu's sounds like a whole lot. I have a history of liver cancer in my family, so I really don't think it would be for me. I just was wondering based on the benefits of using it what would make it illegal since we have a lot of poisons out there that are completely illegal. The whole system seems ass backwards IMO.

obviously losing belly fat and such is a sign of aging itself if it's not a bad diet or excessive alcohol use that is. I look at myself in the mirror and think sometimes , yeah i'm putting some fat on, and then last night I looked at myself and my abs are still poking through, so I guess not. To be fair to myself, my diet has been lacking and so I can't blame that on being 34. I feel like a lot of people my age, that I went to school with or just knew just look sooooo old and worn out. I see a lot of them at bars (my Wife bartends but neither of us drink) and it's just amazing the effects that things have on people that drink and smoke. I also take care of myself, doing what I can with physical issues I have. My Wife makes fun of me all the time because i'm very strict about keeping my face clean, I use tazorac on my face to keep the cell turnover rate higher, I use sunscreen during the day lol I guess it is funny, but some people just look to a vile such as HGH to do all of these things without doing anything else. Nothing wrong with it I suppose if you don't want to put the work in. Both would probably be more ideal.

Why is HGH illegal? I personally think the answer is a complex blend of political and economic reasons. AMA is a very powerful organization with lots of highly paid lobbyists. I don't think the medical professionals want to lose control of such a financially rewarding market. Another reason is that there are a lot of people that would hurt themselves if HGH became legal. I've read so many posts from impatient young adults that want to take HGH for its great benefits. The law keeps a lot of these kids from hurting themselves. Only the very determined ones will get HGH and try it. I think there are a lot of other reasons but this is not the forum to pontificate. As for HGH and cancer? There is no definitive study that links HGH to cancer. The cancer grows rapidly because it creates it own IGF like compound. IGF is the hormone that makes us grow (simplified explanation). When the IGF is external to the cancer, via synthetic HGH injection, there is no evidence that the IGF secreted by the HGH fuels the cancer growth. There's been conclusions drawn that since cancer creates it's own IGF and HGH causes the body to secrete IGF, IGF = IGF, therefore HGH causes cancer. This is a false conclusion. For example listen to this argument. Every time it rains my driveway gets wet. I woke up in the morning and my driveway was wet. Therefore, it must have rained. No, not necessarily. Your sprinklers gets the driveway wet also. In my readings the jury's out as to HGH causing cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard02 View Post
    Why is HGH illegal? I personally think the answer is a complex blend of political and economic reasons. AMA is a very powerful organization with lots of highly paid lobbyists. I don't think the medical professionals want to lose control of such a financially rewarding market. Another reason is that there are a lot of people that would hurt themselves if HGH became legal. I've read so many posts from impatient young adults that want to take HGH for its great benefits. The law keeps a lot of these kids from hurting themselves. Only the very determined ones will get HGH and try it. I think there are a lot of other reasons but this is not the forum to pontificate. As for HGH and cancer? There is no definitive study that links HGH to cancer. The cancer grows rapidly because it creates it own IGF like compound. IGF is the hormone that makes us grow (simplified explanation). When the IGF is external to the cancer, via synthetic HGH injection, there is no evidence that the IGF secreted by the HGH fuels the cancer growth. There's been conclusions drawn that since cancer creates it's own IGF and HGH causes the body to secrete IGF, IGF = IGF, therefore HGH causes cancer. This is a false conclusion. For example listen to this argument. Every time it rains my driveway gets wet. I woke up in the morning and my driveway was wet. Therefore, it must have rained. No, not necessarily. Your sprinklers gets the driveway wet also. In my readings the jury's out as to HGH causing cancer.
    hmmm, that's an interesting view. I have not researched it enough and to be quite honest... there are not enough completely unbiased sources that can tell us whether it's "safe" or not. What exactly is safe in this world anyway?

swithuk is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk View Post
    I've run GH as high as 10iu/day. I will caution anyone that you should NEVER start at doses this high and even a dose of 4iu per day to start can produce some unpleasant side effects (headaches, fatigue, edema, peripheral sensory neuropathy).

Running doses of 5iu or more a day typically yield:

- increased strength
    - reduced abdominal/body fat
    - increased vascularity
    - increased appetite
    - improved sleep

Again, when using GH it's best to start at a low dose (1-2ius) daily and titrate upwards, slowly, over several weeks, to minimize side effects and gauge your reaction to increasing doses.

There is also proper injection protocols and cycles to observe to limit undesirable effects.
    Many thanks for that .
    Although i thought there were more benefits than that ?

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boxingfan30 View Post
    Great information given above but lets keep this simple and to the point.

It's illegal because it works and is good/beneficial to you and can increase the quality of life especially in elderly or people with diminishing hgh levels with minimal to no negative side effects typically.

The FDA is not interested in making people better. They are interested in treating/masking symptoms. Just my .02

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post

It's illegal because it works and is good/beneficial to you and can increase the quality of life especially in elderly or people with diminishing hgh levels with minimal to no negative side effects typically.

The FDA is not interested in making people better. They are interested in treating/masking symptoms. Just my .02
    THAT is exactly my point! I just got through reading this persons blog in which he quoted multiple supplements and why they don't actually help cancer. While there are studies that do show improvement. There are Doctors who have gone against the grain of drug companies and lost their license and wound up moving out of the country to help people with REAL medicine to help people with real diseases.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Probably a magic potion which would take many others off the market is my take.
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    It's not illegal..

It is a presciption drug that is controlled.. the possession selling and use of a prescription drug without the drug being prescribed to you by a doctor is illegal..

just like Prozac or any other drug..

hows that.
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Quote Originally Posted by spywizard View Post
    It's not illegal..

It is a presciption drug that is controlled.. the possession selling and use of a prescription drug without the drug being prescribed to you by a doctor is illegal..

just like Prozac or any other drug..

hows that.
    in the way that many use it on this board, yes, it is illegal. I'm asking why would it not be legal in all aspects?

Wolv256 is offline Associate Member
    Because the government is a--holes.

The additional benefits of HGH beside the awesome anabolic related side, for me, are; 1) better concentration - I have a technical job and is required to solve complex problems. I find that while on HGH I can concentrate on a problem with a lot of energy and for a prolonged period of time. I have a lot more mental stamina. 2) greater sense of well being - when I was a kid I used to hitch hike and jump trains around the country. I felt invincible and feared nothing. As I got older I found that I didn't have the same level of well being. After about a year on HGH I felt like I could conquer the world again. When I wake up in the morning I feel GREAT! 3) my joints don't hurt - you young guys laugh but wait till you get past 50. I have little pain throughout the body. Sucks to get old. hahaha. Again, after about a year on HGH, I noticed I couldn't feel my tennis elbow, bumm knee, back pains, etc. I just felt better. 4) muscular endurance - I benched 225lbs for 225 reps in 50 minutes. That was last year at 52 years old. I was on TRT and HGH at the time. I could have done more but I ran out of time. I'm absolutely amazed at not just the peak performance but the length of performance my body can give. 5) better over all mood - I feel more calm which leads to a higher quality relationship to my children, wife, and friends. I could go on but I think you get the idea. I believe that HGH gives more noticeable to older users because our HGH levels are so much lower than younger users. It's amazing stuff but it takes consistency and time to before one can really feel it. It's also expensive so one has to make some sacrifice to buy the HGH. Overall, I found the HGH experience definitely well worth the money.

Obsidion is offline New Member
    HGH is a completely natural protein found in the human body.

HGH is produced in varying quantities in different humans.

HGH is produced in greater quantities on average in younger individuals

Humans evolved over millenia.

These statements are facts. Nobody will deny any of them.

I like to describe the concept of an agent such as HGH being dangerous in any way by forming a question. The question I ask is this.

How could humans have evolved if a normal chemical that induces and controls growth is also a cancer causing agent??

Now when parsed this way, doesn't my question seem silly? The answer seems pretty obvious. But I had to ask it because of the world we live in. When looked at from this perspective, one wonders how the concept of HGH causing cancer ever even came about.

I think the answer is in the realm of politics. But as I am new here I'll leave that for another discussion.

thisAngelBites is offline Knowledgeable Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Obsidion View Post
    I like to describe the concept of an agent such as HGH being dangerous in any way by forming a question. The question I ask is this.

How could humans have evolved if a normal chemical that induces and controls growth is also a cancer causing agent??

Now when parsed this way, doesn't my question seem silly? The answer seems pretty obvious. But I had to ask it because of the world we live in. When looked at from this perspective, one wonders how the concept of HGH causing cancer ever even came about.
    There is a much-used argument that HGH does cannot cause/contribute to cancer and it goes as follows: HGH is present in higher amounts in younger people. Younger people have less cancer than older people. Therefore, HGH cannot cause/contribute to cancer. Your argument takes a similar form.

On my view, this argument does not hold up. Unfortunately, just because something is a natural protein does not guarantee its safety, too much epinephrine, insulin , or anything will kill you.

It could, for example, be the case that there is something else in the body that changes as we age, that in conjunction with HGH causes or potentiates cancer. Suppose (and I am just making this up for illustrative purposes - I don't have any reason to believe that this is true) that short telomeres plus HGH cause or contribute to cancer. Young people with long telomeres could have high levels of HGH and develop cancer only rarely, whilst older people with short telomeres could have have incrementally increasing amounts of cancer as their HGH levels increase. Something like this could be true and this could explain why it's theoretically possible that

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidion View Post
    a normal chemical that induces and controls growth is also a cancer causing agent
    There aren't very many studies and I would certainly agree THAT is political.

I get the impression people here have looked around and spoken to as many people as they could and read a lot, and tried to amass evidence and have made decisions about their health based on their personal cost/benefit analysis. But I hope no one thinks that it's axiomatic that anything they choose is 100% safe because it's natural to the body.

For what it's worth my own radical view is that all chemical substances should be freely available and sold over the counter, but that would be off-topic.

We know more and more about HGH use anecdotally as people continue using it for longer periods of time, and that's great, and there also may be more studies coming (hopefully). I know someone who has been taking low-dose (physiologic replacement) HGH for over 15 years and he seems to be healthy and of course that's fantastic, but it isn't the same thing as conclusive evidence. I hope we all continue to learn more as we go and stay healthy.

Warrior1700 is offline Associate Member

+1 on this

Focusmen is offline Associate Member

Winner

Thread Information