• 1 Post By fearcetwztdbeatz
  • 1 Post By fearcetwztdbeatz
  • 2 Post By HoldMyBeer
  • 3 Post By charger69
  • 1 Post By HoldMyBeer

Thread: Slin pwo

HoldMyBeer is offline Productive Member

Slin pwo

If insulin sends carbs, proteins, etc to storage. Why would you take it pwo w you pwo meal? Isn't the point of a pwo meal to fuel your workout (ie get burned off not being stored)?

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

fiddlesticks is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Honestly think this is thinking about it way too much, bottom line is extremely high insulin leads to very exaggerated responses of muscle growth for a lot longer than the period the insulin is "active", just use it when you feel the best and safest really.

Quote Originally Posted by fiddlesticks View Post
    Honestly think this is thinking about it way too much, bottom line is extremely high insulin leads to very exaggerated responses of muscle growth for a lot longer than the period the insulin is "active", just use it when you feel the best and safest really.
    I respectfully disagree. I think with anything i inject into my body, i should have a good understanding of the mechanism (*policy) and how/when makes sense for me to use it and if doing so fits my goals.
    Right now, my pwo meal should fuel my workout, if insulin sends it to storage instead of being used as fuel, I should not use it. If it is being used as fuel and not being sent to storage, then taking it pwo doesn't make sense, and I should just use it post.
    I am sure there is more to it than that, otherwise i don't think it would be used pwo as often as it does. And I would like to know what that is because my research is coming up empty

Last edited by HoldMyBeer; 05-11-2019 at 06:41 AM.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HoldMyBeer View Post
    I respectfully disagree. I think with anything i inject into my body, i should have a good understanding of the mechanism (*policy) and how/when makes sense for me to use it and if doing so fits my goals.
    Right now, my pwo meal should fuel my workout, if insulin sends it to storage instead of being used as fuel, I should not use it. If it is being used as fuel and not being sent to storage, then taking it pwo doesn't make sense, and I should just use it post.
    I am sure there is more to it than that, otherwise i don't think it would be used pwo as often as it does. And I would like to know what that is because my research is coming up empty

HMB- you are right on!
    Fiddlesticks appears to be confused. Slin can have two peaks. When you use it PWO you usually use it post (at least I do).
    The slin opens up the gates to the muscle and lets the nutrients in. There are graphs for the different types of slin that shoe the time of effectiveness.
    I need to state a warning of using it post and pre. The peaks can happen at the same time so know what you are doing.

There are other factors also. I just recently learned that I can go hypo on 3 iu’s. I wanted to use the slin for weight loss and cardio but being in a depleted state for a competition pushed me to go hypo. Didn’t do that again. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HoldMyBeer likes this.

fiddlesticks is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    There are way more factors with this that don't get realized, insulin changes neurological systems so you end up feeling less pain while training and that lasts WAY longer than 3-4hours. My point is differences in physique are really non existent worrying about the exact timing. Eat the carbs so you don't die and that's about it.
    HoldMyBeer and Old Duffer like this.

fearcetwztdbeatz is offline New Member
    Double post
    Last edited by fearcetwztdbeatz; 05-11-2019 at 03:29 PM.
    Old Duffer likes this.

If insulin sends carbs, proteins, etc to storage. Why would you take it pwo w you pwo meal? Isn't the point of a pwo meal to fuel your workout (ie get burned off not being stored)?

Insulin doesn't not negate the body's processing of nutrients before it can be used. As you work out your burning through your stores and what you eat pre workout is processed then used to help replenish the stores your using during the workout. Slin helps shuttle the nutrients from the process more quickly helping to keep a a more positive balance. Insulin or no insulin, the body does not use your preworkout meal as a direct source of fuel. You are using your stores first and foremost. You have to be on point with your nutrition on insulin because the efficiency of insulin will quickly work against you if you're overeating because the body will quickly begin storing excess as fat
    Last edited by fearcetwztdbeatz; 05-11-2019 at 03:27 PM.

Charlie67 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fearcetwztdbeatz View Post
    ....... the body does not use your preworkout meal as a direct source of fuel. You are using your stores first and foremost.
    That seems to contradict much of the internet.

"your best bet is to consume a small pre-workout meal 30-60 minutes before your training session. The nutrients will be readily available to fuel your workout.... " For example. (Bodybuilding dot com)

I'm not smart enough to know what actually happens to my oats

Best,
    C-

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie67 View Post

"your best bet is to consume a small pre-workout meal 30-60 minutes before your training session. The nutrients will be readily available to fuel your workout.... " For example. (Bodybuilding dot com)

Best,
    C-
    That was my understanding as well

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie67 View Post

Best,
    C-
    The nutrients would be replenishing what your using while working out. It is not direct fuel. Your using your muscle store when working out. Then the nutrients from your pre workout meal helps to replace what was used. It is the current muscle stores that are being used when you workout.
    Last edited by fearcetwztdbeatz; 05-11-2019 at 04:44 PM.

That was my understanding as well

So you believe that it is that easy to keep a positive balance of nutrients in the body during strenuous activity? The body will use what is readily and easily used first and that is not the preworkout meal.
    fiddlesticks likes this.

So you believe that it is that easy to keep a positive balance of nutrients in the body during strenuous activity? The body will use what is readily and easily used first and that is not the preworkout meal.
    That's why there is such emphasis on what you eat and the timing preworkout. ie if you're eating within an hour use simple carbs because it digests and raises blood glucose quicker , if eating a few hours before complex is recommend. So, yes, you body has time to digest and convert to fuel. I don't know what other nutrients you're referring to.... I don't think you're exactly burning through vitamin c during your workout.....
    Glucose (which was produced by the simple carbs that was eaten preworkout) is converted to atp and that fuels the first hour or so, once that's depleted it uses fats. If you are working out fasted, that glucose will come from muscle stores instead. So what are these nutrients you are referring to?

Charlie67 and charger69 like this.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    So your saying that something that is moving around free is not as readily available as something that has been stored? Just trying to understand.
    If all of that is true, the. Why does fasted cardio work? According to what I understood , it will first take from the reserves whether or not you eat before cardio. So there should be no difference when you eat.
    If you really want to see how important timing is, prepare for a competition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    What type of insulin , my man?

Quote Originally Posted by kaptainkeezy04 View Post
    What type of insulin, my man?
    Just a general question.
    Novolin r or humalog I guess
    Any of those 3-5 hr kinds

charger69 likes this.

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    Just a general question.
    Novolin r or humalog I guess
    Any of those 3-5 hr kinds

If you’re using humalog then I would do however many iu’s of insulin times 7 and that’s how many grams of dextrose you consume plus 50 grams of whey protein isolate (preferably isopure zero carb). Consume the shake 5 minutes are injection. Then 1 hour after the shake has been consumed, eat a meal of chicken and rice.

Thread Information