Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenBricks View Post
    Just so everyone understands Chiropractors are not physicians. Their training is completely inadequate for them to function as primary care providers. It is, without exaggeration, unethical and dangerous to give the opinions of a non-physician the appearance of having come from a physician.

From what I understand, all Chiropractic schools in order to meet board requirements have to have either Ph.D's or MD's teach core science classes. These schools curriculum has to be up to the same requirements as the minimum level of which medical schools have to meet. In fact most of the curriculum is modeled after Medical schools, other than the Chiropractic specific classes.

I think though I am not sure that the state boards refer to chiropractors a physicians. Nevada refers to Chiropractors as Chiropractic Physicians, at least my friend that practices there license to practice says that.

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    From what I understand, all Chiropractic schools in order to meet board requirements have to have either Ph.D's or MD's teach core science classes. These schools curriculum has to be up to the same requirements as the minimum level of which medical schools have to meet. In fact most of the curriculum is modeled after Medical schools, other than the Chiropractic specific classes.

I think though I am not sure that the state boards refer to chiropractors a physicians. Nevada refers to Chiropractors as Chiropractic Physicians, at least my friend that practices there license to practice says that.
    I would be interested to see the academic credentials of the teachers. I would like to see any evidence that the curriculum is comparable at all. It is not sufficient to call a class "Anatomy" or to even use the same text book in the course in making the case that the anatomy education is the same.

I won't retread old ground with the typical criticisms of the job. What I will say is that even a medical school graduate is completely incapable of providing adequate primary medical care. Medical school does not teach you how to be a doctor, residency does...years of it. Medical school grants the title of doctor, you are a "physician", but if that was all there was to it the word wouldn't mean much. If the education was complete at that point the word "physician" would not be something of value some here are attempting to impersonate.

In another thread how did I introduce myself? As a doctor? No. As a resident. I could have used words which were technically correct, but in a manner which was intellectually dishonest. Instead I tried to communicate accurately what I knew, but more importantly what I *don't* know. When Chiropractors use a title like doctor they do it specifically with the goal of borrowing on the trust that mainstream science has earned with the public (not withstanding a few loons here). When they use the term Chiropractic Physician they are doing the same. As opposed to "Doctor" which does have other meanings outside medicine, the word physician is *explicitly* defined as referring to M.D. and D.O. medical professionals. The entire purpose of using that word, as a chiropractor, is to lend credibility to the DC profession. It is immaterial whether credibility is deserved, the motivation is the same.

But when someone does not even say "Chiropractic physician" but only "Physician" that person is simply lying. Lying. If they are engaged in the practice of medicine as a self-described "Physician" they should go to jail. Period.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenBricks View Post
    I would be interested to see the academic credentials of the teachers. I would like to see any evidence that the curriculum is comparable at all. It is not sufficient to call a class "Anatomy" or to even use the same text book in the course in making the case that the anatomy education is the same.

I won't retread old ground with the typical criticisms of the job. What I will say is that even a medical school graduate is completely incapable of providing adequate primary medical care. Medical school does not teach you how to be a doctor, residency does...years of it. Medical school grants the title of doctor, you are a "physician", but if that was all there was to it the word wouldn't mean much. If the education was complete at that point the word "physician" would not be something of value some here are attempting to impersonate.

In another thread how did I introduce myself? As a doctor? No. As a resident. I could have used words which were technically correct, but in a manner which was intellectually dishonest. Instead I tried to communicate accurately what I knew, but more importantly what I *don't* know. When Chiropractors use a title like doctor they do it specifically with the goal of borrowing on the trust that mainstream science has earned with the public (not withstanding a few loons here). When they use the term Chiropractic Physician they are doing the same. As opposed to "Doctor" which does have other meanings outside medicine, the word physician is *explicitly* defined as referring to M.D. and D.O. medical professionals. The entire purpose of using that word, as a chiropractor, is to lend credibility to the DC profession. It is immaterial whether credibility is deserved, the motivation is the same.

But when someone does not even say "Chiropractic physician" but only "Physician" that person is simply lying. Lying. If they are engaged in the practice of medicine as a self-described "Physician" they should go to jail. Period.
    So your saying that a family Doctor should be called Doctor....????

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    So your saying that a family Doctor should be called Doctor....????
    I feel like I am missing something here. Or did you mistype? A family doctor, a residency trained physician, is a doctor, yes. Surely you meant something else.

Thread Information