Quote Originally Posted by towtheline View Post
so broken bricks you are a resident?
Right.

So if I understand you correctly you have examined the class loads and boards that chiro's take?
As best I can. I don't know a a tremendous amount about the boards they take. Though considering the *dramatic* differences in what even people in the same field think is correct I cannot imagine they are too rigorous, as it would make it impossible for people of very different opinions to all have a reasonable chance at passing.

You compare trauma room gushot wounds to torticollis?
Where did I mention torticollis? If DC only limited themselves to treating musculoskeletal problems there would not be so much resistance. Apart from the fact that their entire philosophy is demonstrably inconsistent with *any* science the main issue is that they attempt to treat conditions they have no experience with.

I think you are missing the point. Your arrogance is what will send your future patients to a DC.
Can you provide an example of my arrogance?

You will bash the profession, not even knowing curriculum and then the patient will go the said DC and be amazed at the time spent with the patient and the knowledge of the musculoskeletal system.
I have been very generous in my posts. I have no problem with DC who restrict themselves to MS symptoms and are quick to refer anything else to a physician. This is a rarity in chiropractic.

I speak from experience. Last month I had a car accident. Was hit almost head on by a vehicle that was driving 40-50 mph the police report said. Went to urgent care, got asked a few question, BP taken and told to go home and ice my neck. I said hmm, my left arm is numb, and the MD said if not better go to GP in a few days. Went right over to my chiro and X-rays, ultrasound, put on 2 days light duty and full exam. Orthopedic type stuff, Range of motion, reflexes, pinwheel sensations and given a full half hour of stretches to perform as well as lifts to perform and avoid. I will end there. Who was the better DOCTOR here? WHo had the ability to diagnose me? And amazing the MD charged me over $650, and the entire DC visit was $250. I think you are one of those guys that get so caught up in your research and pufffed out chest that you forget your job; helping patients.
I am sorry you had a bad experience. Understand that the ER is not a place to go to have a muscle strain treated. If you come into the ER after having a car accident what happens to you is going to depend on how you look. Clearly you did not have an emergency condition and it was appropriate to send you home. The ER employs people with an amazing set of skills all working together to treat life threatening conditions. Using that resource to spend an hour of one on one time with you is not efficient and would not have benefited you. You seem to have strained your neck and a few days rest is the treatment. Pain meds can make you more comfortable while you wait on your body to repair itself. You could have played on a PS3, knitted a sweater or seen a chiropractor....the fact that this pain improved 2-3 days after the event is evidence that, like all muscle stains, time heals.

No doctor would send you home with a numb arm after an accident. You mean it felt funny or different.

I am shocked you were charged so little. You are lucky you did not get your neck CT'd if you were complaining of *any* arm weakness, much less "numb".

What you have to understand is that seeing a doctor in a location staffed with a half dozen nurses is an expensive thing merely becuase of the costs of creating that environment. The fact that in your case it was totally unnecessary does not change the economics of the situation. You were evaluated by a highly trained group. You can be confident that serious disease was ruled out. But that expertise is not cheap. A guy on the street might have looked at you and said "Eh, you will be fine" and only charged you five bucks...doesn't mean you got anything of value. The quality of the opinion is what holds the value.

Next time maybe you should either not call 911, or if they were called for you, refuse to be taken. Simple. Go see a chiropractor if you like. I'm willing to bet you wont do that if you ever have a frightening symptom.

I wish we could make everyone happy, but sometimes doing what is best for the patient is not what makes them happiest.