Thread: stretch marks

stretch marks

searched for this ? but couldn't find it...

when you get stretch marks does that mean your skin is stretching in a direction parallel to the marks, or perpindicular?

????

pelly789 is offline Member
    use the search at the top of your screen to look for stuff instead of trying to go through everything with a sharp eye its easier heres a good thread about what to do

Stretch Marks

hope that helps good luck man
    Last edited by pelly789; 02-08-2006 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pelly789
    use the search at the top of your screen to look for stuff instead of trying to go through everything with a sharp eye its easier heres a good thread about what to do

Stretch Marks

hope that helps good luck man not sure about what direction the skin stretches in but if you can get rid of em i guess it doesnt really matter
    bro, i didnt ask how to get rid of them, i know how to do that. and i know what the fVckin search is, hence me saying "i searched for it"

i guess you at least read my question since you said that you were not sure, but in that case, dont respond at all.

taken from Derek Charlebois

if you looked at your stretch marks you can clearly see the striations in the epidermis so why are you even asking? they are caused when you over stretch the second layer of skin called the dermis. if a stretch mark is on your pec running horizontal to the ground the skin had been stretched perpendicular to that.

The human body's skin is composed of three layers. The top layer of skin is called the Epidermis. The main function of this layer is to keep toxins from entering the body.

The second layer of skin is called the Dermis. The Dermis is responsible for producing collagen and elastic fibers, which give our skin that smooth look. This is the layer where stretch marks occur.

The third layer of skin is called the Hypodermis. This layer is made up of fat and connective tissues.

you can think of your skin like a sock when you put a new sock on it tightens to your ankle but if you stretch it out and then put it on its all loose which is the discolored skin you see on your body the two main reasons for this is due to rapidly gaining weight like in a bulking cycle or overtraining.

HOPEFULLY this will help you and you wont get mad like before i was just trying to help sorry to p i ss you off
    Last edited by pelly789; 02-08-2006 at 10:55 PM.

carteblanche08865 is offline Junior Member
    Hey,
    You said that you know how to get rid of them? Please share! Thanks alot

mlbclevfan is offline New Member
    Nothing really works, I've tried cocoa butter cream, it kinda made them blend in with my skin, but you can see discoloration, and the indentation is still there.

Bottom line you gotta live with them.

by getting rid of them you can only get rid of the discoloration as mlbclevfan said that they will always be there but you can treat them with vitamin e oil coca butter and maderma but it takes a long time to get rid of the discoloration they will always be there once you have them if you look close enough

lowstace is offline Banned
    yeah tried vitamin e no results id be open to any sugges as well

orosco is offline Associate Member
    The dicoloration wont go away over night fellas..You have to be patient. COuld take a year or so of constantly putting on vit E and coc butter..I use the strivectin shit for pregnancy. Shit works good..Been using it for 2.5 months, 2x a day....I plan on using it for a LONG time

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    sucks...i'm allergic to chocolate so cocoa butter makes my skin break out in rash's. I didn't thikn there was actually cocoa in it :P Anybody know of anything else other than vit E that will help?

fitguy is offline Anabolic Member
    do we get stretch marks when we gain major weight or when we loose weight ??

The main cause of stretch marks is a dramatic increase in size of tissue, in the area of the marks. Weight gain or loss, and bodybuilding are the main causes of stretch marks. However, some people are just more genetically prone to stretch marks. As well, skin type can have an effect. Dryer skin has less elasticity than oily skin, and therefore is more prone to have stretch marks.

Logan13 is offline Banned

stretch

I have been blamed for many a stretch mark................

Quote Originally Posted by Logan13
    I have been blamed for many a stretch mark................
    yea, i can keep givin the girl at home stretch marks on her cat. what can i say :shrug

Anabolios is offline Anabolic Member
    palmers pregnant lady lotion!! it has cocoa butter collagen vitamin e elastin all that good shieeett

just hide it you dont want your friends to see your tube of pregnant lady lotion

or try "maderma" for scars

Thread Information