Thread: SLAP tear

soulj4h is offline New Member

Unhappy SLAP tear

Hello. I injured my shoulder in a basketball game and ive been diagnosed with a SLAP tear on my left shoulder.

I first did rehab for about a month, with the Orthopedist deciding to do surgery. Seems I only had a Type 1 tear with just fraying of the tissue then an actual tear.

I went and did 2 and a half more months of rehab. I then re-injured the shoulder to the point where I was before surgery. Ive waited about 2 months to see how it would respond with rest, but still no improvement.

Ive pretty much given up on letting it heal naturally, and was wondering if I would gain some benefits from using steroids . Ive never used them before, so im not sure which ones would be of help.

Im to a point where ive about given up on trying to heal this injury naturally, so if anything you guys can recommend to help would be great.

Thanks.

bda2424 is offline Junior Member
    Steroids are definitely not the way to go.........they will actually hinder any chances of healing that you have. There are a few alternative things you could try. But no drugs for you.

mwolffey is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by soulj4h
    Hello. I injured my shoulder in a basketball game and ive been diagnosed with a SLAP tear on my left shoulder.

I first did rehab for about a month, with the Orthopedist deciding to do surgery. Seems I only had a Type 1 tear with just fraying of the tissue then an actual tear.

I went and did 2 and a half more months of rehab. I then re-injured the shoulder to the point where I was before surgery. Ive waited about 2 months to see how it would respond with rest, but still no improvement.

Ive pretty much given up on letting it heal naturally, and was wondering if I would gain some benefits from using steroids . Ive never used them before, so im not sure which ones would be of help.

Im to a point where ive about given up on trying to heal this injury naturally, so if anything you guys can recommend to help would be great.

Thanks.

hgh might help, but im no expert at growth hormone ...try posting in that section

Thread Information