james2u is offline New Member

need help with groin injury

Any input would be helpfull,having trouble with a groin pull,hip flexor,and aductors,seems cronic, started last winter while playing hockey.Trouble is if i stay off it ,i get out of shape fast,if i play it never heals.Wont give up the game ,tried other workouts avoiding those areas but everything seems to irritate it, need help !been to doctors and physio im at a loss.

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by james2u
    Any input would be helpfull,having trouble with a groin pull,hip flexor,and aductors,seems cronic, started last winter while playing hockey.Trouble is if i stay off it ,i get out of shape fast,if i play it never heals.Wont give up the game ,tried other workouts avoiding those areas but everything seems to irritate it, need help !been to doctors and physio im at a loss.
    Sorry, there's only one remedy for that area if it's truly a pull, and apparently you already know it.

M.

KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    The doctors and physio will help by doing some muscle stim and ultrasound to relax and strengthen the are also and reduce inflamation. If they diagnose it to just be a pull and not a tear then you can go ahead and start a very safe stretch, lay down on your back when watching tv or on bed, and bend your knees up like your gonna do a situp. Put the soles of your feet together and open your knees apart which will put you in a groin stretch which is very safe and light because there is no weight applied, just sit there for as long as u can gravity will do its work beleive me.
    Do this stretch everyday and in a matter of two weeks you will notcie the flexibility is better and with the added range of motion the muscle will relax from the pull.

Thread Information