Thread: Torn Right Pec

Animal_Mother is offline New Member

Angry Torn Right Pec

tore my right pec a few days ago. got it checked out, and luckily the tendon is still attached, so no need for any kind of surgery. did however tear just about all the muscle fibers in the pec minor...have very limited ROM and am completely purple from my pec down to my wrist, TALK ABOUT F****** EVERYTHING UP now i gotta get off everything i've been supplementing and get ready for a few weeks of recovery (been told about 4-6 weeks)...at least now i can bomb my legs hahaha. anyway, minor setback....WILL come back bigger and stronger than ever. anyone with experience with these injuries want to offer any input, it's definitely welcome

daytrader is offline Member
    Howd ya do it?

flat benching. was on my 4th working set, had done 2 previous warm-up sets. had the bar loaded to 425 and was on my 7th rep when my pec just gave out. felt a series of pops, then just felt it tear. glanced down and it was balled up, sticking out about 2 inches further than normal....luckily i had a spotter there to grab it, and he heard it tear too

Tommy Gunn is offline Member
    Did you get an MRI taken? I tore mine last March and the first doc (who was literally a 130 lbs. 30 year old geek) I went to had me get an MRI and after looking at it said I didn't rupture it, that I only just "strained it". Well after weeks of going to PT and the pain not getting better, I went to a second doc. He said the first MRI was poorly taken and he couldn't tell anything from it. So he had me get another MRI and sure enough...the first doc misdiagnosed me and my tendon turned out to be completely ruptured and I needed surgery.

I'm not trying to scare you, but everything you described that happened to you happened to me (bruising, balled up pec, sound of pop). I hate to tell you this but you may have ruptured it and need surgery.

Trust me. It would be in your best interest to go get a second opinion.

Tommy Gunn is offline Member
    Did you get an MRI taken? I tore mine last March and the first doc (who was literally a 130 lbs. 30 year old geek) I went to had me get an MRI and after looking at it said I didn't rupture it, that I only just "strained it". Well after weeks of going to PT and the pain not getting better, I went to a second doc. He said the first MRI was poorly taken and he couldn't tell anything from it. So he had me get another MRI and sure enough...the first doc misdiagnosed me and my tendon turned out to be completely ruptured and I needed surgery.

I'm not trying to scare you, but everything you described that happened to you happened to me (bruising, balled up pec, sound of pop). I hate to tell you this but you may have ruptured it and need surgery. Trust me. It would be in your best interest to go get a second opinion.

no scare at all tommy, i appreciate it. i never went for an MRI, just went to a very trusted doctor friend of mine who deals with injuries such as this on a regular basis. past few days pain has been slightly going away and am gaining back more and more mobility. swelling has gone down a little, and bruising is moving out of the spots where it began and moving down my arm, which is a good sign. but after you telling me about what happened to you, will definately be seeking a second opinion...thanks man
    Last edited by Animal_Mother; 01-14-2007 at 01:13 PM.

LeDias is offline Junior Member
    I really hope you didn't tore it, I know what it is and it sucks.

Wish you the best and good luck with your second opinion.

crazycrab is offline Associate Member
    Man your lucky you had spotter!

Thread Information