Thread: Shaving

tard_zone is offline Associate Member

Shaving

How many people shave their own head? I'm not talkin skin bald, I mean leaving a little hair but not too much. Is it easy to do, because I'm thinkin bout starting to shave my head, but am only doing it if I can do it myself. I ain't paying for someone to shave my head, because if I'm payin someone to cut my hair I'm gonna get it like I normally do.

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    ive shaved it a couple times, shortest i went was 1/4 inch.

i dont do it very often, just sometimes. i just use a trimmer with an attachment, simple.

i cut my hair with the same trimmer and different attachments when i keep it longer as well, i havent been to the barber in like 6 years.

tard_zone is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Amorphic View Post
    ive shaved it a couple times, shortest i went was 1/4 inch.

i dont do it very often, just sometimes. i just use a trimmer with an attachment, simple.

i cut my hair with the same trimmer and different attachments when i keep it longer as well, i havent been to the barber in like 6 years.
    See the only thing i'm afraid of is having it all the same length. When I went to go get it cut he did a number 2 on top and number 1 on the sides and back. I couldn't do that to myself and know where to stop on the back and sides of my head. Would it look good if it was just a number 1 or 2 all the way around. I save my hair for winter, now that the snow is melting and I take out my sport bike, I don't want to worry about hair. Go nice and short for the summer.

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    Quote Originally Posted by tard_zone View Post
    See the only thing i'm afraid of is having it all the same length. When I went to go get it cut he did a number 2 on top and number 1 on the sides and back. I couldn't do that to myself and know where to stop on the back and sides of my head. Would it look good if it was just a number 1 or 2 all the way around. I save my hair for winter, now that the snow is melting and I take out my sport bike, I don't want to worry about hair. Go nice and short for the summer.
    if you have a couple mirrors you can set them up and start fooling around with using differernt lengths.

i shave the top longer and sides and back shorter, i just use the mirrors around my head to shape everything properly.

if you cut it all the same length and it gets long, it'll look kind of poofy and silly and the sides will need a trim.

just try it out and if you mess up, shave it all.

D-Unit 39 is offline Member
    Why not get a buddy to do it for you?

GusInc is offline Junior Member
    I just do 1/8 in all the way around but have done the mirror thing before with longer on top not too hard and my aunt who's a beautician taught me so it's kinda simple for me.

I clipper to 1/8 in the winter and shave "kojak" the rest of the year.

It's pretty easy to handle the clipper yourself... it just takes a few times to get the hang of it.

And if you mess up, just shave everything off and wait a week until it grows back

Red

smokeyd is offline Grade A Whore/Banned
    i use to go 1/8 in but i started to think its too long lol and now i go no guard but on the extended setting on my wahls clippers, peice of cake, i use to go to barber once a week, so i payed for my clippers the first month i got them, but i do have to let the old lady pluck the eye brows now because barber shop use to wax them (much better than plucking)

TrashyTim is offline Junior Member
    I shave my own head with clippers with out the plactic bit on so a number 0 , its a peice of piss . You can generaly feel long bits of hair but just give it a good going over and your be sweet the shorter the easier .

Thread Information