Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    AdamGH is offline Senior Member

hip pain, overuse?

I have had on and off hip pains on my right side for awhile now. They usually go away by the next day. last week i did 4 days in a row of 45 min cardio at varying angles at the treadmill. some angles are extreme. these angles seemed to bother my hip but i kept going each time. I am also a valet for universal part time. I ran all weekend getting cars with my hip pain getting worse. By Saturday it hurt to to even walk cause i was putting pressure on something in my hip. I can not reach the pain with my hand so i assume it is inside the joint. i haven't done cardio since or worked at the valet job. i am still having problems with my right side. what are some good ideas to help with recovery? i do not have insurance so seeing a doctor is not an option at the moment.

TranscriptionFactor is offline Associate Member
    Difficult to say without some more studies, but I understand your predicament.

Lay down flat, bend your knee up so your thigh is at a 45 degree angle. Now turn your knee as far inward as you can, towards your other leg - does this produce pain? Now go in the other direction, outward. Does this produce pain?

If neither does, chances are the pathology is not in the joint per se (though not 100%). Other causes could be Trochanteric bursitis or a strain of one of the hip flexor muscles.

You may have some undiagnosed hip dysplasia from childhood. Need xrays for that.

Lay off the impact cardio (do elliptical or bike) and try not to run on the job as much as you can afford to, take some Advil 3 times a day for a week and do some gentle stretches. It may improve.

Thread Information