The Deuce is offline Anabolic Member

Question Serious Help Needed ASAP !! Please and Thank You

Ok so I am currently on a lengthy awesome kick @$$ cycle !! For those of you that have been paying attention to my Posts then you would know exactly what is going on.

Now I have a herniation of my L4-L5 disk my doctor is recommended that I take an epidural cortisone shot in the spine to calm down inflammation because I occasionally have major pain in my legs that radiates down them.

So on April 7th at 10:00 am I will be having a needle placed into my spine and the stuff injected into me.

HAS ANYONE EVER HAD THIS PROCEDURE DONE??

WILL IT AFFECT MY TRAINING??

AM I GOING TO BE IN PAIN FROM THIS??

If this is the case... if this procedure is going to inhibit my training then I am going to cancel it and tell my PCP to pound sand. This is a work related injury and I am currently awaiting a Hearing for settlement proceedings.

So if someone could let me know how this procedure will affect my progress towards my goals of being a bodybuilder then I will opt not to go through with it. The Herniation is not in any way, shape,or form affecting my weight training... no pain whatsoever... it's when i lay down to sleep is when things start happening... so yah...

36 views... No replies.. cmon someone has got to have an answer to this... PLEASE !!

T-MOS is offline Educate B4 You Medicate~HOF~RIP Our Brother~
    come on now, we aren't doctors, so this isn't a question that we can easily answer.... so yea it may have been read, but do you want answers if they don't know??

YES its gonna hurt. For about a day, I have had it done but don't think i was on cycle at the time. fortunately they will be shooting the cortisone exactly where they need it to go

you will have to ask the Doc as far as how long you need to weight before you can lift again, but I know you will need to rest after for a day or two at least, he may suggest a week before lifting, and I would probably suggest that as well

hopefully Doc Sust will see this and be able to help with your questions better

GOOD LUCK

I know you guys are Docs brotha ... I was just I dunno looking for people's personal experiences ya know... Sorry if I crossed a threshold with you... it seems like i might have pressed your angry button bro..

DangerDave is offline Associate Member
    Ive had a cortazone shot, not in the spine but in the shoulder. And the doc said that it is very advisable to take a week off training. I imagine that would apply to a shot anywhere especially the spine. The cortazone could fix a problem that has the potential to become far worse so wouldnt mess around with it. Your call. Let us know what happens.

Canceled the appointement... I will deal without it... I am on cycle and to me that is more important than a stupid cortisone shot....

T-MOS is offline Educate B4 You Medicate~HOF~RIP Our Brother~
    Quote Originally Posted by The Deuce View Post
    Canceled the appointement... I will deal without it... I am on cycle and to me that is more important than a stupid cortisone shot....
    nawww i wasn't angry at all. did you ask the doctor about working out?

I think you would only have to take one or two days off the gym

ni4ni is offline Pharmaceutically Enhanced
    bro those shots are the shit imho. cortisone will decrease that inflamation + some NSAIDS will work like motrin
    if you get a chance try it- worse case nothing happens.

UncleTim is offline Junior Member
    I've never had one but a buddy had the shot 3 times in the same elbow. He said each shot hurt like a mo-fo but kept the pain in his elbow away for about 3 months with each shot. I think he said the doc won't do more then 3 shots in the same area.

xpon22s is offline New Member
    if the doc called it a ESI i had 4 of them this year not that bad but after they inject your spine your not to walk for 4 hrs but it sounds like your better than i am i could not even walk for about 8 weeks mine was at l4-l5 l5-s1 it is now one year latter and i can go back to the gym upper body only need to get rid of the 60 pounds i picked up . becareful bro that pain can get real bad real fast

Thread Information