Thread: Rotator cuff

kickinit is offline Member

Rotator cuff

Rotator cuff, what time of total down time am I looking at?

Also is it common to hurt in both shoulders at the time of the injury or is that maybe since the other shoulder might have tried to compensate?

My left is fubar, my bench went to crap and my incline or military presses. Otherwise my shoulder seems fine in all other exercises and lifts. Is that also common?

boxer1 is offline Associate Member
    had exactly the same thing but only in my left shoulder, you'll have to train chest and shoulders from a completly diff angle for a while, took me 4 months to get back on the bench and even then i had to start light and work my way back up. Use v light d/bs for high speed reps and slowly add weight to build strength back up. It sounds like tendonitis (not sure on spelling) not a tear as you are fine on all other lifts.

stpete is offline Banned
    I messed my rotator up a few months ago. A trainer at my gym showed me some exercises and gave me a band to use. This vid demonstrates the same exercises he showed me. I've been doing them every other day and i can see improvements but i know it's going to take awhile. I'm mostly just doing raises, shrugs and very light dumbell presses with high reps. Hope this helps and good luck.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6MMD...eature=related

ni4ni is offline Pharmaceutically Enhanced
    had my surg in Dec08. Still doing rehab.
    Chk out that vid-
    down time is dependent on how bad the tear is and anything else that's fuced up in there. work lightly...its a biitch getting it done again.

luxifer93 is offline Senior Member
    Start slow, lighter weight higher reps. I separated my left shoulder five years ago in a M/C crash, have no ligament in that shoulder now. Didn't think I'd be able to do alot of stuff, but It's not too bad, can still do heavy shoulders and chest. I'm just more careful now, very strict form, and warm up good before working out.

kickinit is offline Member
    Thanks guys..

Yeah the pressing of the weight isn't bad but about 2-3 inches before it hits my chest feels like a huge needle pokin me DEEP in the muscle and then spinning it in circles. I have had worse but this aint cool and lost alot of strength too.

Yeah Im taking it easy big time, slowly trying to do some lifts but keeping it very very very limited and going more for reps and staying away from heavy even though I feel like a wuss.

Boxer1 --- yeah its in my left too man. I hurt my right or had pain at first but the right went away, the left got worse everyday and until it is what it is. I have tendonitis in my right shoulder (tore peck and shoulder bad in high school) and then soon after got tendonitis, maybe related..?

Thread Information