richtries is offline Associate Member

could it be my PSOAS muscle!?

Been experiencing aches and pains around my pelvis since xmas, predominantly on the right side just above my pubic bone, the pain somtimes radiates down my right thigh. Also I seem to have alot of pressure or bloating in my pelvic region, this is usually worse at night with the intensity depending on my physical exertion that day?? Any ideas?

I originally thought it could be something urological, but after several investigations down that path it revealed nothing untoward. I havenīt had diarrea or irregular bowel movements so have ruled out anything in relation to my intestines, so iīm thinking perhaps I pulled a muscle in my lower abdomen or the psoas muscle.

Any help would be much appreciated, just hoping I dont have to completely quit the gym as I was hoping to start my first cycle this Summer.
    Last edited by richtries; 04-19-2009 at 11:04 AM.

RockyX is offline Senior Member
    lay on your stomach, bend your knee to 90 degrees and have someone lift your knee to the sky, while you keep your other hip on the ground...go as far as you can, then push against them for 10 seconds and have them stretch it a little farther...repeat...see if this give you some relief...if it does..then possibly its psoas

Thread Information