Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member

Slight? tear in outer right pec

Hello all,

As many of you know I am a mid 50s guy who has been lifting pretty seriously for about 2 yrs and doing 6 days a week for the last 5 months.

Anyway workouts have been going really good and being on Drost P/Tren A strength has been through the roof. Well last week I got the bright idea to go from 3 plates to 4 on the Hammer pullover machine. I did my usual 5 sets of 15, 13, 11, 10 and 8 reps and felt ok but the next day I could feel a distinct pain on the out edge of my pec, right were the shoulder muscles intersect with the pecs.

Just curious if anyone else has had a simalar injury and how long it took to heal. Also what excersizes to avoid or go really light on other than obviously the pullover machine?

Thanks in advance,

FFM

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    From what I have been seeing/reading and personally experienced a lot of us are getting shoulder type injuries that start out sometimes as upper back cramps and move to the shoulders doing overhead exercises. I'm avoiding shoulder presses myself and any type of behind the head/neck pull down or push up.

Obviously give it time to heal and dont aggravate it. Deep tissue massage has helped me in the past I just just wish I could do it more and of course ice. Take 2x the normal time to warm up, us old (older) guys need to be careful about this and also learn that heavy is not best, work more on form. Even if your form is GOOD try to do slower reps and see how that feels, exaggerated slow movements.

yannick35 is offline Anabolic Member
    I am getting prolotherapy done in both back of shoulder to fix laxity, but i am not to hot on prolotherapy if its a tear, i know that caring medication and Hauser have been pushing prolotherapy and PRP saying it repairs tear and more but i have my doubt on this.

I feel you with the training i was on vacation in Mexico last week and they had one hell of a gym at the motel, the first day i started training light but the second day i wanted to test myself. I am not 100% yet, good thing everything went well but my right shoulder started to bother me again. Maybe at some point it might be a good idea to eliminate certain exercises from our training program and do the swtich to safer training like machines.

Thread Information