BuzzardMarinePumper is offline Knowledge Member on Prostate Cancer
    Blog Entries

Torn Rotator Cuff Left bigger than right Delt and Trap ? Thoughts, Theorys, Suggesti

OK guys , please don't bust on me ? I know some ppl don't care for my rambling so I will try to be short and to the point with brief history !

Ran over by a truck in 02 .

Crushed and fractured right scapula (shoulder blade) Along with a lot of other trauma

TB-500 has almost repaired a torn rotator cuff left shoulder

Been on TRT since Oct of 12 and I have seen huge gain to the point of people comment on my size to be 53

Kel's advice is Golden: if you do what he says : I have found it best to not even question him !

TO ME Left delt and trap are noticable bigger than Right delt and trap

It seems like the left bigger torn rotator would have less visible signs of gain and is very painful to train thru but bigger ?

Right side was a bone injury 10 years ago and no pain but less gains ?

Thoughts, theorys , suggestions ?

PS. I just bought some IGF-1 and GHRP -2 and 1295 - w/o DAC and I am on disibility income could never go to Mayo and I could fit it into my fixed income budget !

jseek is offline Junior Member
    "Possibly" Add associated nerve damage right shoulder blade area (part of the whole lotta other trauma) to your list of injuries from the '02 incident.

Fractured scapula bone fragments are sharp. And important nerves go through and over the shoulder blade to operate muscles, to feed the muscles through nutrients that travel along nerves, but also nerves set the "tone" of the muscle -more tense-or normal-or more relaxed..... Also nerves fire up the muscles in a coordinated way that makes one bunch of muscles in a motor group fire...when that group is tired another group kicks in in time to keep the proper movement a controlled smooth looking movement

Altered nerve function by too much stretch/or crush/or cut via shattered bone...can lead to altered muscle growth as u r noticing. Not necessarily weaker in some cases. But smaller.
    Ie...friend had partial spinal cord damage on one side...only thing affected was size of left thigh and calf. But man he could squat and heel raise. Strength the same. Size not.

Emg or nerve conduction studies can isolate the issue if you want. How were your neck scans?(see below)

It sounds more like a peripheral nerve issue than spinal cord (obvious) or disc issue/nerve root (trap operated from upper spinal cord /lower brain stem...no disc issue on that) but the accessory nerve (trap) or axillary nerve (delt) can get stretched Or nicked before they get to the trap or delt causing (possibly) ur apparent altered growth. Ok...c3-c4 spinal nerves partially work trap...so c3-c4 issue can be common to both trap and deltoid. Okay. Upper to mid neck issue-maybe? I stand here correcting myself... But it still sounds peripheral due to mild atrophy and not a large area or weakness that would be disc/central/nerve root...(rambling sorry).

The growth / healing stuff u have can surely have a great shot of helping. Nerves do grow and heal...just in a manner different than the opposite side rotator cuff with normal nerve function.

Perhaps the scans recommended cause also help with treatment options that could help ur symmetry.
    Keep lifting and enjoying the workouts!
    Last edited by jseek; 03-06-2013 at 06:43 AM.

Blog Entries
    Thank you ! I am as stated 53 and have not worked out hard since 2000 . Your explination went right over my head . I did get possible nerve damage ; but even if I am not aware of treatment for damaged nerves that would not be evasive and have the possibility to harm as much as help ? Please state a little simpler and I would like to look balanced.

Yes you are correct no strength issues jut size and "size matters " I still dose TB-500 at 1 mg per week and I have rumitory authoritis. When I injure a musle training I hit that area with 1 mg of TB-500 and it is well in 1 to 2 days ! I have reached front load / saturation point and will have to back off on TB-500 due to cost

I welcome your suggestions so I can research !
    Last edited by BuzzardMarinePumper; 03-06-2013 at 08:29 AM.

Blog Entries
    bump ?

Please reply in a little bit more common man or I will be straight up ; I am a country guy and I got the nerve damage possible part but all the other stuff was over my head . I have been to the gym a couple of times and IMO working that muscle group and paying closer attention there is a strenght difference in the small side my right the side with 10 year old bone fracture and crushed . Thinking back on the accident I was pined by the door on the lower side of my right lower delt by the door of the truck.

Another issue from the accident is I have blood clots in my left lower extremity calf and I retain fluid / blood on my left leg .

Could this possible be retaining blood in my left leg be also slow getting out of my left delt more blood = bigger muscle ? dose the blood go through my heart before it goes to the brain though the big vain in the left side of my neck ? Causing more blood to the left delt Is there a muscle between the Trap and the Delt and my right peck seems to be a little slower growing than my left ? Is this a blood flow issue from what I have described ? More blood in the left side of my body to feed the muscles ? If this is the case would say 5 extra reps to each isolated set on the right side make up for this over time + do all my injection in my right Shoulder IM Testosteerone only .20 every 3.5 days 5/8 in. pin and do some SubQ in the fat pocket of my right peck ?

I have not worked hard enough yet to notice if my back on the right side is smaller also I have always had trouble getting my back to grow ?

jseek is offline Junior Member
    I feel that ur left side is the normal side. Ur rotator cuff healed

The right side is probably smaller due to possibly nerve related issues. So do extra stuff to the right side. Try an extra set of dumbbell lifts for traps ( shrugs) trying first a heavy low rep set, then a lighter but higher rep set (this is "added"after a regular set using both arms)....due the same with dumbbell right sided overhead press after a 10 rep set of lateral raises and front raises...right side only(examples here only)
    Make sure you do the same rotator cuff exercises you rehabbed the left shoulder with...on the right.

Yes it's possible blood flow is altered due to injury/scar tissue. The more likely is nerve related. But regardless extra focus and exercises only on the right should help it grow and help balance out the side.

Injections on that right side? I've heard it can help from guys who inject that way but have no personal info or experience in that area sorry.
    Last edited by jseek; 03-07-2013 at 07:25 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jseek View Post
    I feel that ur left side is the normal side. Ur rotator cuff healed

The right side is probably smaller due to possibly nerve related issues. So do extra stuff to the right side. Try an extra set of dumbbell lifts for traps ( shrugs) trying first a heavy low rep set, then a lighter but higher rep set (this is "added"after a regular set using both arms)....due the same with dumbbell right sided overhead press after a 10 rep set of lateral raises and front raises...right side only(examples here only)
    Make sure you do the same rotator cuff exercises you rehabbed the left shoulder with...on the right.

Yes it's possible blood flow is altered due to injury/scar tissue. The more likely is nerve related. But regardless extra focus and exercises only on the right should help it grow and help balance out the side.

Injections on that right side? I've heard it can help from guys who inject that way but have no personal info or experience in that area sorry.
    Thank you so much ! I had thoghts in that direction ? We will see !

Do you share this with me from experience or do you have rehab back ground ?

Thread Information