Hi all.
Have struggled with C3-C5 herniation for the last 8 years. I have what neurologist tell me is permanent strength loss in my left arm due to chronic nerve root compression. This has made lifting and life very challenging. After trying chiropractic, massage, rolfing, accupuncture, yoga, tens, intra-spinal cortisones injections, Im looking at surgery. Three neuro-spinal surgeons have all recommended fusion. The one I distrust the least with the best track record recommends anterior and posterior approach for a solid fusion to C3-C5> I'm looking for feedback on what I might expect afterwords in relation to recovery time, level of recovery, range of motion, expected stress to adjacent discs.
I want more than anything to be pounding the weights and to be back in sports like I did when I was younger. However, I'm looking for realistic and honest feedback. At this point I have a mortage to pay and a family to feed and am curious if I will even be able to return to work in the near future. Thanks for any replies