various injuries recurring...

OK. I've only been back seriously lifting a little over a year n half. The weight increase on all exercise I practice "with great form" I might add. I'm a serious stickler for getting full rotation flex n stretch. Not smashing them out. Controlled on positive and negatives. Now my overall weight changes are as follows
    13.5-14 stone over year n half ago. 24¿?%bf
    17.4 stone now about 18-19 months later. 19¿?%bf
    Now. I'm aware that muscular hypertrophy by way of protein/amino synthesis takes place on a far far grandeur scale to that of cartilage/sinew/tendon repair/growth by way of collagen synthesis amongst other things.
    I do take msm crystals.
    I do not take tb500 low funds atm
    I do get deep tissue massage from my partner
    I do take anti inflammatory medication along with painkillers which are unfortunately. Still ongoing.

The problems.

Left shoulder. (Scapula area) "under" left blade around one inch. Twinge type weakness inducing pain brought on by "pressing movement" from flat press through to shoulder press. Worse on incline press.

I should be deloading right now. As lowering to cruise for 4-6 weeks before blasting again. Its just so so SOOOO hard to do lighter weights/higher reps/less CNS stress. N writing this. I will deload properly. I've even rested my shoulders today. (Week days are usual training days)

2nd problem
    Right side. Arm pit. Where bicep runs in and connects under the arm. My last spotter basically stopped spotting not quite at top of my curl with 80kg inc bar. Jolting in delt area. The pains lingered for weeks but IS slowly subsiding.

My questions!

1, what is better. Baring in mind I would "like" zero muscle loss. But I also want to heal. A, total rest. Or. B, deload lighten weights in problem areas even tho this may aggregate the problem.

2, any other tips to help healing. Cold press? Hot press? Albus oil? Supps I might of not thought of? I don't want cortisol. I'd be happy to bring deca into place on next blast. Or before? During prime.

3Will stretching to limits help or aggravate? Should I keep movements simpler. Present exhausting with isolation moves to lighten burden on more compound movements?

***note***
    Really appreciate any and all answers whether its can't help. Won't help. Something that worked for u. Personal experience. Whatever. Any help is help n I'm glad for it so thanks in advance. Really really need to be on the mark n ready to rumble on my next blast. I'll do whatever I have to.

Bump

bartman314 is offline Productive Member
    i have blown out both shoulders and now have severe traumatic arthritis in one and (just) arthritis in the other one. my tricks for healing and workout are:

1600-2400 mg ibuprofin/day (apparently 2400 mg/day is max limit before risk of stomach bleeding).

NO militarys. overhead dumbbell presses or incline press/flys. instead i hammer delts with anterior, lateral and posterior dumbell or rubber band raises.

i do flat/decline bench but only lower weight until upper arm is parallel to floor.

Physical therapy exercises for rotator cuff as part of shoulder workout (google it or IM me if you can't find it online).

have you seen an orthopedic for diagnosis?

No only saw doc n they're useless as hell... I think maybe I'm pushing too hard too early. N I'm on a deload n down to cruising too.

Thread Information