Results 1 to 2 of 2
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ghost14

Thread: What type of Doctor ?

  1. #1
    tcw's Avatar
    tcw is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005

    What type of Doctor ?

    Hey Friends,

    Was wondering "what type of Doctor" would you see for a Groin Pull Injury?

    I know that an MRI will be i am shopping Dr's to get that done. I seriously doubt i will let ANY DOCTOR do surgery on my groin area for a pull....but...

    What kinda Doctor would handle this type of injury?

    (i'm thinking an orthopedic surgeon) I know the drill,...first MRI, then PT. Hopefully that will hasten the healing time.

    Last edited by tcw; 03-09-2015 at 03:18 PM.

  2. #2
    ghost14 is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Sport orthopaedic doctor, not surgeon.
    The muscles could be in spasm, worsening injury, so parallelly a visit to a good physical therapist, sport oriented. In my case PT and manual helped much more than a doctor, who wanted to cut off my adductors. I would not let anybody cut me open in this area either. This is the worst possible location of injury IMHO.

    Depending on your insurance options, you may start from ultrasound, it is much cheaper and shows muscle tears as well as MRI. MRI may show also insides of joints.
    tcw likes this.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts