Thread: Bruised Nerve

bloodchoke is offline Member

Bruised Nerve

I have what my sports med dr believes is a bruised nerve in my left forearm up around my elbow.

I'm on strict orders to not do anything that hurts. Unfortunately, lifting hurts (even just loading/unloading the bar), playing bass hurts, bedroom stuff hurts (when done properly. haha..), even threading my arms through a backpack hurts. The pain is very elusive and difficult to pin down, too, and nothing hurts to the touch. When I curl or lat pull-down, it feels like my radius is going to snap. What's worse is I can't take any NSAIDs because of another medication I take. I can use topical analgesics, but they don't help this.

She said that this could take weeks to heal and that reinjury is very common during convalescence. The pain started months ago (to a much lesser degree) and has gradually gotten worse. She x-rayed my arm to rule out a cyst, tumor, fracture, weirdness, and the bone itself is very healthy.

Pinched/bruised nerves are common in muscular folks (she asked if I've had any recent increase in muscle mass; I'm in PCT now. I gained 10 lbs lean, 6 lbs fat/water). Have any of you had anything like this? How long did it take you to heal?
    Last edited by bloodchoke; 12-18-2015 at 04:56 PM.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    I have been suffering from tennis elbow for 2-3 months now. Its a very slow process I hate to admit.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodchoke
    I have what my sports med dr believes is a bruised nerve in my left forearm up around my elbow. I'm on strict orders to not do anything that hurts. Unfortunately, lifting hurts (even just loading/unloading the bar), playing bass hurts, bedroom stuff hurts (when done properly. haha..), even threading my arms through a backpack hurts. The pain is very elusive and difficult to pin down, too, and nothing hurts to the touch. When I curl or lat pull-down, it feels like my radius is going to snap. What's worse is I can't take any NSAIDs because of another medication I take. I can use topical analgesics, but they don't help this. She said that this could take weeks to heal and that reinjury is very common during convalescence. The pain started months ago (too a much lesser degree) and has gradually gotten worse. She x-rayed my arm to rule out a cyst, tumor, fracture, weirdness, and the bone itself is very healthy. Pinched/bruised nerves are common in muscular folks (she asked if I've had any recent increase in muscle mass; I'm in PCT now. I gained 10 lbs lean, 6 lbs fat/water). Have any of you had anything like this? How long did it take you to heal?
    Are u over training?

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    Are u over training?
    Real beasts don't have a "mode," mami!

No. I'm 45 and have adjusted my split/rest accordingly. Mainly because it takes me f***ing nine months to heal from any injury, these days. I used to think that I had "good genes" because I was nearly bulletproof. Nope, I was just young.

I started wrapping it today, just to remind myself that it is injured. There is no static pain; it only hurts when I tweak it. So I'll be running down some stairs and grab the handrail at the bottom to whip myself around the landing and YOUCH, I undo the previous week's healing.

I've also emailed my Dr about suspending my (preventative) antiretroviral meds to allow me to use NSAIDs, which should help with recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by ALIN View Post
    I have been suffering from tennis elbow for 2-3 months now. Its a very slow process I hate to admit.
    Bleh. Good luck, Alin.

Thread Information