Thread: Knee surgury

blemshow is offline Junior Member

Knee surgury

Hi guys!

So I just had knee surgery. It was unrelated to sports and is a boring story so I'll save you guys the grieve. Needless to say my Injury was a bucket handle tear in my lateral meniscus. I had 50% of my meniscus removed. It's almost been three weeks and my knee still feels stiff. Has anyone else been in my shoes? I'm 23 and have 2k a year worth of benefits for physio, so I'll definitely be doing that. I just want know if I'll ever be normal again. Ie squat, deadlift... play the odd game of soccer basketball football.

Thanks guys

Because it's a lateral tear it does not get much blood flow hence healing takes longer. Would tb500 be an option ??

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Just be patient with it and don't push it to fast. I had a very similar injury and pushed it to much and ended up having a second surgery because I reinjured myself. I don't know if TB500 will help or not, maybe others have experience with that.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    Just be patient with it and don't push it to fast. I had a very similar injury and pushed it to much and ended up having a second surgery because I reinjured myself. I don't know if TB500 will help or not, maybe others have experience with that.
    Just curious how you re Injured it. I'm going to start training upper body again shortly. Thanks !

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blemshow View Post
    Just curious how you re Injured it. I'm going to start training upper body again shortly. Thanks !
    Was playing basketball. Dislocated the knee and shit, kinda like teddy bridgewater only not nearly as nasty.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blemshow View Post
    Hi guys!

So I just had knee surgery. It was unrelated to sports and is a boring story so I'll save you guys the grieve. Needless to say my Injury was a bucket handle tear in my lateral meniscus. I had 50% of my meniscus removed. It's almost been three weeks and my knee still feels stiff. Has anyone else been in my shoes? I'm 23 and have 2k a year worth of benefits for physio, so I'll definitely be doing that. I just want know if I'll ever be normal again. Ie squat, deadlift... play the odd game of soccer basketball football.

Thanks guys
    I have had 3 knee surgeries just like yours where the meniscus was partially removed I was told that there was no more to remove in one knee and that they would have to do a knee replacement or something if it happed again...anyways that was 20+ years ago and I squat, dead lift and do everything I used to except one thing skiing...now I mountain bike so I get to see the ski trails in the summer...its going to take some time but do your pt and you will come out fine...good luck

Thread Information