Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
Like Tree215Likes

Thread: Female Log - first cycle

AKD_FitChick is offline Female Member
    Day 13 in the house!!!

Did first day of new workout, hit chest! I loved it, I felt like I could add more chest workouts!!! I felt good in my weights too, made notes of what I could lift more on. Need to get my bench up in weight. Happy Saturday. Have to finish helping my friend load her uhaul, I finally get my house back!!

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Looking awesome, AKD!! You are super lean and Your gonna see great results on this run - you now know what it takes and will be able to push harder each day, yet know when to pullback & not to burn yourself out... listen to your body!
    Last edited by NACH3; 04-02-2017 at 09:35 AM.

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    We need you in our most improved comp. Start Date April 16 - July 10. 12 weeks of greatness. You in?
    NACH3, DocToxin8 and ghettoboyd like this.

I will respond and post updates from weekend and today, but need help........does anyone experience really bad vertigo on cycle of var or know if it causes it? Since last later in the week, I have started feeling off a little at points throughout the day. Then Friday evening when I was moving my friends storage unit, I was on the 2nd floor and literally felt the building start waving, my friend and boyfriend said my coloring was way off and I literally had to sit down cause I thought I was going to pass out. Then Saturday it happened again. It's scary whey it happens, cause I am a workhorse and never really get slowed down, and it scares me. Sunday it happened again when I was walking through ikea with my little, I felt like the building was moving. Had to get out of there super fast. I know I need rest. I have been literally non stop for 3 weeks, so could that be in with working out heavy and maybe not enough calories this weekend? I have upped my cals, and prepped everything last night for this week. Or could it be the var? I have never had these sides prior, AND I don't want to not finish this cycle. But I worry I am doing too much. I am also on T3 75mcg/T4 40mcg daily not for vanity, but for actual health. I am also on female hormones 200mg of progesterone, cause I don't produce them naturally.....PLEASE HELP!!!!

Duplicate
    Last edited by AKD_FitChick; 04-03-2017 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Duplicate by accident

Day 15

So chest from Saturday I am not sore at all. I need to lift heavier or more reps......Yesterday I did my hamstrings/glutes. I added in a little more like 1-2 movements, took less than 1/5 hours with abs. I was able to lift heavier for sure. Building back up finally. Today, not sore at all though. Not even aware that I lifted weights. This morning I did back. I forgot to take pictures of my log and weights and workouts I did, so i will post that later. But I did up my weight and used my wrist straps finally for some back and I lifted even heavier. I LOVE THOSE BAD BOYS! Really helps. I feel overall really good in my workouts, but I feel like it's way less hard than before. I am for sure leaving feeling like I could have done more. Any advice on that. I guess I will just go as heavy as I possibly can. Next week will be different for sure, now I know where to up my weights.

Please read note above from me, I NEED ADVICE please.

Prepped my meals out yesterday, every Sunday. I am such a creature of habit.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7013.JPG 
Views:	115 
Size:	1.73 MB 
ID:	168787Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7014.JPG 
Views:	123 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	168788
    DocToxin8 and Obs like this.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Quote Originally Posted by AKD_FitChick View Post
    Day 15

So chest from Saturday I am not sore at all. I need to lift heavier or more reps......Yesterday I did my hamstrings/glutes. I added in a little more like 1-2 movements, took less than 1/5 hours with abs. I was able to lift heavier for sure. Building back up finally. Today, not sore at all though. Not even aware that I lifted weights. This morning I did back. I forgot to take pictures of my log and weights and workouts I did, so i will post that later. But I did up my weight and used my wrist straps finally for some back and I lifted even heavier. I LOVE THOSE BAD BOYS! Really helps. I feel overall really good in my workouts, but I feel like it's way less hard than before. I am for sure leaving feeling like I could have done more. Any advice on that. I guess I will just go as heavy as I possibly can. Next week will be different for sure, now I know where to up my weights.

My best advice would be to join a competition on here. It will increase your drive shooting for most improved over others. So... AKD vs. Kawi vs. GGR?????
    Last edited by Obs; 04-03-2017 at 11:57 AM.
    GirlyGymRat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    We need you in our most improved comp. Start Date April 16 - July 10. 12 weeks of greatness. You in?
    For sure interested! Waiting for some advice from the pro's on my question above. I am getting really bad vertigo dizzy spells and wondering if it could be gear.
    Obs likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    Looking awesome, AKD!! You are super lean and Your gonna see great results on this run - you now know what it takes and will be able to push harder each day, yet know when to pullback & not to burn yourself out... listen to your body!
    You're the best! Thank you so much! I really appreciate all your help. I have felt like on day 3 of new plan and I could be pushing way more. Not sore one ounce. At least I know for next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Obspowerstroke View Post
    My best advice would be to join a competition on here. It will increase your drive shooting for most improved over others. So... AKD vs. Kawi vs. GGR?????
    Who is Kawi? I know GGR, she is awesome.

I got invited by Nach and Capebuffalo to do a comp. I am going to go read up on the dungeon and check it out. I am curious of how the comp works exactly.
    Obs likes this.

Wish I could help with the vertigo. Could it be the equilibrium in the ear? Pollen allergies. Infection. Never heard of anything like that with var or any other aas.

Check it out

http://forums.steroid.com/most-impro...ml#post7281517

Obs
    Who is Kawi? I know GGR, she is awesome.

I got invited by Nach and Capebuffalo to do a comp. I am going to go read up on the dungeon and check it out. I am curious of how the comp works exactly.
    Songdong (a monitor) is trying to get Kawigirl (another female member) to join in with you and GGR, in a most improved. Hopefully they share your enthusiasm.

Obs
    For sure interested! Waiting for some advice from the pro's on my question above. I am getting really bad vertigo dizzy spells and wondering if it could be gear.
    Ephedrine and many expectorants can cause vertigo and dizzyness but I have never heard of an aas causing it. Have you checked your blood sugar?

Ephedrine and many expectorants can cause vertigo and dizzyness but I have never heard of an aas causing it. Have you checked your blood sugar?
    You know that's funny you said that, I have never had blood sugar issues EVER in my life, but that was the first thought that came to mind. I don't take anything else but var, besides my prescriptions. If it persists after eating full meals and making sure I take breaks in my day to actually sit down, then I will contact my dr. I see her next month for my thyroid anyway. It's weird though, I feel fuzzy at times. So do you think I should ask my Dr. now to test my blood sugar?
    Obs likes this.

Songdong (a monitor) is trying to get Kawigirl (another female member) to join in with you and GGR, in a most improved. Hopefully they share your enthusiasm.
    I know GGR is back. She is great! I will look up Kawigirl.

That would be interesting. Motivation for sure.
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    You know that's funny you said that, I have never had blood sugar issues EVER in my life, but that was the first thought that came to mind. I don't take anything else but var, besides my prescriptions. If it persists after eating full meals and making sure I take breaks in my day to actually sit down, then I will contact my dr. I see her next month for my thyroid anyway. It's weird though, I feel fuzzy at times. So do you think I should ask my Dr. now to test my blood sugar?
    I would check my blood sugar myself personally but if it persists I would definitely get it checked out. Everyone I think at some point has a weird moment with their blood sugar. I have skipped meals during cycle before and all of the sudden felt faint and dizzy and got zombie apocalypse type hunger so bad I would have to stop and get some crackers or etc.
    Fifteen minutes later I was dandy. I dont have any kind of recurring issues on a regular basis but my body was clearly needing more than I was giving it.

Post your question on the vertigo in the Dungeon. You'll get an answer there for sure.

Post your question on the vertigo in the Dungeon. You'll get an answer there for sure.
    Really appreciate you helping out like this. I posted it over there, hopefully it's not too much info. It's just crazy feeling. Wondering if it's too much with my other medications.

I would check my blood sugar myself personally but if it persists I would definitely get it checked out. Everyone I think at some point has a weird moment with their blood sugar. I have skipped meals during cycle before and all of the sudden felt faint and dizzy and got zombie apocalypse type hunger so bad I would have to stop and get some crackers or etc.
    Fifteen minutes later I was dandy. I dont have any kind of recurring issues on a regular basis but my body was clearly needing more than I was giving it.
    I am eating every 3 hours today even if something small, but loaded full of nutrients. I have it mildly, but hoping it subsides. If it doesn't, then Dr. for sure. I don't mess around with that kind of stuff.

I am eating so much, like way too much.

DocToxin8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Been so tired and hectic this weekend that I haven't seen your thread updates.
    Sorry about the vertigo.
    Post it on the Q&A as Cape said,
    I know thyroid meds can cause dizziness, but when you're on prescribed dosages it shouldn't happen.

I've had some strange sensations this weekend and today myself,
    but think it's just related to being tired and on a blast (heavy dosages for me),
    this might also apply to you though.
    You mentioned that you don't always sleep to well and then need to recharge your batteries.
    Well, if the day comes for recharging and you end up not getting good sleep and rest, that might cause some issues.

Hard to tell really.

If it lasts it could also be crystal sickness (not sure about the English name for it, basically an inner ear infection very localized to the sensory organ for balance, where you normally have crystal structures).
    That sickness is nothing but a nuisance though, was a lot of it going around here some time ago. Lasts for three weeks and isn't really anything one can do about it.

Only thing you can do is have a doctors appointment really.

Vertigo can be caused my so many things.
    I assume you don't have low blood pressure, at least not now during cycle?

If you have any other symptoms that you think related then post it in the Q&A if you haven't allready and you'll get some feedback, but in the end you will always have to see a doctor if it persists.

Strict diet, low blood sugar/BG, low BP or orthostatic hypotension, anemia, worn out/fatigued, many possibilities.
    I hope it resolves itself quickly.

And keep up the amazing work! Looking truly great!
    Capebuffalo likes this.

As for checking blood sugar or BG (blood glucose), just but a glucometer.
    It's cheap and can be got at any pharmacy,
    what's expensive are the test strips. But over here each machine comes with 10 test strips, which are enough for getting a reading on your BG.
    Cause you need to measure BG when you feel dizzy.

Or you can also measure HbA1c; glycated hemoglobin,
    it gives a rough index over how your blood sugar has been the last 3mo.
    (There's other glycation tests too)
    But I don't think that will tell you much unless you're pre diabetic or diabetic.

Wish you the best!

Day 15

It takes some tweaking, but go to failure and rather do less volume.
    I think you'll grow some serious muscle that way.
    (And when you want to cut you can always go back to more volume again)
    It takes some time to find the right weights,
    and also remember the "time under tension" aspect;
    I can do a lot lighter weights and go slooooow on the negative and then be explosive on the positive, and overall 8 reps that way takes as much time as 12 reps and are just as heavy.
    Capebuffalo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DocToxin8 View Post
    It takes some tweaking, but go to failure and rather do less volume.
    I think you'll grow some serious muscle that way.
    (And when you want to cut you can always go back to more volume again)
    It takes some time to find the right weights,
    and also remember the "time under tension" aspect;
    I can do a lot lighter weights and go slooooow on the negative and then be explosive on the positive, and overall 8 reps that way takes as much time as 12 reps and are just as heavy.
    Great advice!!!! Thanks so much!!! I did actually go slower on the negative on some workouts today and I actually liked the feel of it. I will try it more. Tomorrow I have quads.

You would be proud my lift was about an hour total, I did add in a couple more lifts

It's the energizer bunny in me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    elastica and DocToxin8 like this.

Most people think that they go to failure when they don't. You want to incorporate pre exhaustion. Rest pause. Drop sets. And partial reps. It's a totally different mind set. Most think I need to do ten reps for each three sets. I do two working sets. I may get 2-4 reps on the second set. Don't waste time and energy. Put everything you have in each individual set. When you think you can't do more. Drop and go again. Then drop again. It takes a bit to wrap your mind around this. But when you do you will see huge results. Do any of the above to the point you can't get one rep. Then you've gone to failure. It's not easy and it's not pretty and it's painful but the results can't be denied. But you have to do your workout in the fastes time you can. 30 seconds between sets. 1-2 minutes between excersises.
    Obs, DocToxin8 and NACH3 like this.

Most people think that they go to failure when they don't. You want to incorporate pre exhaustion. Rest pause. Drop sets. And partial reps. It's a totally different mind set. Most think I need to do ten reps for each three sets. I do two working sets. I may get 2-4 reps on the second set. Don't waste time and energy. Put everything you have in each individual set. When you think you can't do more. Drop and go again. Then drop again. It takes a bit to wrap your mind around this. But when you do you will see huge results. Do any of the above to the point you can't get one rep. Then you've gone to failure. It's not easy and it's not pretty and it's painful but the results can't be denied. But you have to do your workout in the fastes time you can. 30 seconds between sets. 1-2 minutes between excersises.
    This is incredible advice. Will try this for sure.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Not the usual side from Var!!!

Try resetting ear crystals. Anyone can perform. Google YouTube vid resetting ear crystal.

Or

You could very well need rest and coming down with virus.
    NACH3 and Obs like this.

Morning all! Headed to the gym for a quad session. Hoping my back holds up, I got a new temperpedic mattress and it's a little firm for my liking, so lower back is a little pained, but I will push when I can!!

Capebuffalo and DocToxin8 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    Not the usual side from Var!!!

Try resetting ear crystals. Anyone can perform. Google YouTube vid resetting ear crystal.

Or

You could very well need rest and coming down with virus.
    I will for sure research it. It's really weird.

Thanks for reassuring me it's not the Var.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Also, Less is More! I would add in more ex's and since cutting them back to real compound movements and a few isolated movements you switch around so your not using the same ex's in each w/o with that BP so your still shocking the muscle... what Capes talking about is all laid out in Marcus' dungeon and it's surely a proven method used by many members here and the results speak for themselves!
    Capebuffalo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    Also, Less is More! I would add in more ex's and since cutting them back to real compound movements and a few isolated movements you switch around so your not using the same ex's in each w/o with that BP so your still shocking the muscle... what Capes talking about is all laid out in Marcus' dungeon and it's surely a proven method used by many members here and the results speak for themselves!
    For sure like switching it out. I have a plan, but I am all about detours and adding too depending on where I feel I am lacking that week! I love variations. I run a lot of my workouts fast paced. I love what cape said. I did it today on leg ext, fast up, but really slow down.....felt good. My legs are always my trouble area, so I am going to make them sexy.
    Capebuffalo, DocToxin8 and NACH3 like this.

Day 16 in the house

Some certain womanly sides are for sure starting to happen.......my man likes it. It's actually neat to see it grow....if you can tell what I am talking about. It's like a science experiment.

Did quads today. My lower back was achy from my new bed. So I did one round of good squats before my lower back was going to give. Skipped full seated squats, moved on to lots of weighted lunges, then over to good hacks.....a really nice, big weight lifter gave me some advice of maybe not doing the squat racks. He said he doesn't do them cause it messes his back up and his friend had to have surgery on his lower back. I do have a weaker lower back, so i am thinking of doing many other squat variations without doing more than reg squats at the weight I can before my back aches.

Took Capes advice and did fast pump up and slow down on leg ext. and for sure felt it. It was great actually. My weights are back up......getting closer and closer.

Diet is on point today! Thanks so much to everyone here that is on this journey with me.

Weight is up 4lbs as of today. Haven't weighed since first weigh in. SO......I know the bloat is on. Feeling out my body. AHHHH, need a good cutting agent. Wish I could run one with this cycle...need to figure this out.
    DocToxin8 and Capebuffalo like this.

For sure like switching it out. I have a plan, but I am all about detours and adding too depending on where I feel I am lacking that week! I love variations. I run a lot of my workouts fast paced. I love what cape said. I did it today on leg ext, fast up, but really slow down.....felt good. My legs are always my trouble area, so I am going to make them sexy.
    Everybody likes sexy legs.

Everybody likes sexy legs.
    I would like to bounce quarters off my ass too, just for a bit, then I can get some fat back on.....just a dream!
    NACH3, DocToxin8 and Capebuffalo like this.

I would like to bounce quarters off my ass too, just for a bit, then I can get some fat back on.....just a dream!
    Now that would be a sight.

kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks

Video or it didn't happen.
    Capebuffalo and NACH3 like this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    Video or it didn't happen.
    You better bet your ass, if I can ACTUALLY bounce quarters off my ass, that will be all over in video's. I have no shame. I can then be multi talented, jingle bells with the girls and quarters with the arse!

You better bet your ass, if I can ACTUALLY bounce quarters off my ass, that will be all over in video's. I have no shame. I can then be multi talented, jingle bells with the girls and quarters with the arse!
    Sounds like we need to run a talent show comp.
    GirlyGymRat, NACH3 and DocToxin8 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by DocToxin8 View Post
    Been so tired and hectic this weekend that I haven't seen your thread updates.
    Sorry about the vertigo.
    Post it on the Q&A as Cape said,
    I know thyroid meds can cause dizziness, but when you're on prescribed dosages it shouldn't happen.

I've had some strange sensations this weekend and today myself,
    but think it's just related to being tired and on a blast (heavy dosages for me),
    this might also apply to you though.
    You mentioned that you don't always sleep to well and then need to recharge your batteries.
    Well, if the day comes for recharging and you end up not getting good sleep and rest, that might cause some issues.

Hard to tell really.

If it lasts it could also be crystal sickness (not sure about the English name for it, basically an inner ear infection very localized to the sensory organ for balance, where you normally have crystal structures).
    That sickness is nothing but a nuisance though, was a lot of it going around here some time ago. Lasts for three weeks and isn't really anything one can do about it.

Only thing you can do is have a doctors appointment really.

Vertigo can be caused my so many things.
    I assume you don't have low blood pressure, at least not now during cycle?

If you have any other symptoms that you think related then post it in the Q&A if you haven't allready and you'll get some feedback, but in the end you will always have to see a doctor if it persists.

Strict diet, low blood sugar/BG, low BP or orthostatic hypotension, anemia, worn out/fatigued, many possibilities.
    I hope it resolves itself quickly.

And keep up the amazing work! Looking truly great!
    Hey you!!! I have been so swamped as well. It's been crazy chaotic in my world. My thyroid meds have made me light headed in the past, but only when adjusting my medications. Takes me about a week to settle into them, but never dizzy like I was Fri-Mon.

I totally agree with you. On rest. I need it much like you do too! Hope you are getting more.

I have an ongoing antibiotic, just in case.....since I have a weak immune system and get weekly IV's of vitamins. Never heard of crystals in relation to ears. I like it.

I HAVE super low blood pressure. My whole family does. Sometimes I am 80 over 40, but average is 90/50, sometimes 100. I have had that my whole life so yes, i get dizzy a little, but I am used to that dizzy ha ha. You know I still have low even on cycle. Why would it go up?

Is it nap time yet? I have one last crazy week (this one) then I can slow down a little......

Are you getting better rest?

Hi, still doing amazing i see.

As for blood pressure it's common to increase during cycle because all AAS,
    some more than others, increase red blood cell production.
    More red blood cells=thicker blood + water retention = higher BP.

But anavar should be fairly mild in this regard.

I think some of my issues perhaps are due to pollen or something,
    iIl see a doctor this week hopefully. Never been much bothered by it before,
    but it's starting to get summertime here. So it's warm some days then cold the next (but above freezing), it will work itself out.

Keep up the great work!

Day 18 in the house

Took a much needed rest day yesterday. It was hard not getting up in the morning to do my normal routine, but once I laid back down and just hung out in my bed, it was really refreshing. This morning I slept so so, was up from 2:30-4 and then back up at 4:50 for my gym time.....if I go back to sleep I get too groggy and I can't be on my game at work like I need to.

Sides to date: got my first pimple in nearly 15-20 years don't even remember the last time. Still experience the womanly sides WHICH are really good! Wish those stayed all the time.....other than that feel good. Little bumps on body but they are fine. Retaining water, but remember that when you are done with cycle you will drop ALL water weight and those muscles will pop. Thank goodness for GGR, she saved me from quitting before cause of the water weight. I bloat and put on some lbs, but it goes away. HAVE FAITH. Still at 12.5 mg per day, may go up next cycle. Haven't decided yet or even this cycle maybe soon, will ask the novice here their thoughts. For sure going 8 weeks thanks to some really good advice.

Shoulders and Arms

Overhead Press - barbell
    3 sets 12, 10, 8
    50lb high weight (this was hard on last one)

DB Side Raise
    3 sets 12, 10, 8
    20'slb high weight (note to go up)

Cable Upright Rows superset w/bicep curls - also added in 35lb plate front raise 10 reps in between sets
    12 - 55lb e exercise
    10 - 65
    8 - 75

Reverse Cable (delts)
    Free motion
    3 sets 12, 10, 8

DB Curls in and outs
    3 sets 12, 10, 8
    high 22.5lb DB's

BB straight bar curls
    3 sets 12, 10, 8
    high 50lb BB, a lifter at the gym gave me advice to go down in weight so I can get full ranges to get that pop right by elbow crease. I love the help I get from fellow lifters

Tri Kick back
    3 sets 12, 10, 8
    25lb high weight

Rope Pull Down
    3 sets 12, 10, 8
    75 high weight (only got 6 reps last set)

Tri Dip Machine
    3 sets 12, 10, 8
    165lb highest weight

Then finished up with decline abs with 35lb plate 3 sets of 20, then v ups 10 each side x 3, then boring sit ups

All under an 65 min....sweated...loved it. I still left wanting more.

Can I just say I LOVE THIS! I love this forum, I love this log, I love the lounge. So much support. I feel lucky to be taken in.
    DocToxin8 likes this.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread Information