MoenPDC is offline New Member

First cycle results, seems high...

I’ve done weight lifting and body building off and on for the last 20 years and I just turned 40 this year. Typically I would be good for a year or two hurt myself and it would take a year or two to recover and get motivated again. ( torn my shoulder labrum twice and a good size partial bicep tendon tear ) when I work out I’ve always tended to gain muscle easily.

After 16 months off I started my program back up about 6 weeks ago. I’ve never touched steroids but with my age and a desire to try and help build muscle over scar tissue , it was very tempting and two weeks ago some testosterone enthanate pretty much fell into my lap.

I did a bunch of research and decided I was going to do one basic 12 week cycle of 500 mg of test E a week with 0.5 mg arimidex twice a week and I have some nolvadex for a PCT. three days after I started I had a body scan done to get a baseline to monitor muscle and body fat so I could adjust my diet as needed.

These past two weeks have been the best two weeks at the gym I’ve ever had. I’ve been been eating About 3800 calories a day with around 275-300grams of protein. After two weeks I went and got a scan done to see where I was at and see if I needed to adjust my diet at all

I couldn’t believe the results . In two weeks I put on 7 pounds of muscle And lost a half a pound of fat.

I know some of this is muscle memory on top of the test since I just came back 6 weeks ago and was still kinda far off some of my peaks ( the gaps are closing real fast )

This has to realistically slow down right ? I know first cycles tend to be really good but at this rate it’s going to be over 30 pounds in a 12 week cycle .

How much can I expect in this cycle and does anyone have any pointers or advice? I was only planning on doing one Cycle to try and help these old Injuries And see what it was like ( I can’t lie I feel amazing )

Thanks

I’m also assuming that a lot of that is water in the muscle . Skeletal muscle mass went from 84.44 to 91.49 but dry lean mass went from 39.68 to 42.3 .

Does the amount of water level off after the first couple of weeks ?

Quote Originally Posted by MoenPDC View Post
    I’m also assuming that a lot of that is water in the muscle . Skeletal muscle mass went from 84.44 to 91.49 but dry lean mass went from 39.68 to 42.3 .

Does the amount of water level off after the first couple of weeks ?
    The amount of water does level off after you reach 100% of your peak plasma level.
    At 2 weeks you are about 80% in.

Simple way to think of it is that 500mg of test per week will make you hold a certain amount of water.
    You won't put on 4lbs of water every week.

Quote Originally Posted by MoenPDC View Post
    I’ve done weight lifting and body building off and on for the last 20 years and I just turned 40 this year. Typically I would be good for a year or two hurt myself and it would take a year or two to recover and get motivated again. ( torn my shoulder labrum twice and a good size partial bicep tendon tear ) see below... when I work out I’ve always tended to gain muscle easily.

After 16 months off I started my program back up about 6 weeks ago. I’ve never touched steroids but with my age and a desire to try and help build muscle over scar tissue , it was very tempting and two weeks ago some testosterone enthanate pretty much fell into my lap.

I did a bunch of research and decided I was going to do one basic 12 week cycle of 500 mg of test E a week with 0.5 mg arimidex twice a week and I have some nolvadex for a PCT. Might not need the AI. I would add clomid to your PCT. three days after I started I had a body scan done to get a baseline to monitor muscle and body fat so I could adjust my diet as needed.

These past two weeks have been the best two weeks at the gym I’ve ever had. I’ve been been eating About 3800 calories a day with around 275-300grams of protein. After two weeks I went and got a scan done to see where I was at and see if I needed to adjust my diet at all

I couldn’t believe the results . In two weeks I put on 7 pounds of muscle And lost a half a pound of fat.

I know some of this is muscle memory on top of the test since I just came back 6 weeks ago and was still kinda far off some of my peaks ( the gaps are closing real fast )

This has to realistically slow down right ? Yes it will. I know first cycles tend to be really good but at this rate it’s going to be over 30 pounds in a 12 week cycle .

How much can I expect in this cycle and does anyone have any pointers or advice? I was only planning on doing one Cycle to try and help these old Injuries And see what it was like ( I can’t lie I feel amazing ) Steroids won't heal your tendon and ligament injuries. They can help heal muscle tears or strains.

Thanks
    If you repeatedly workout and then injure yourself and have to stop for a year or two...
    Steroids are not for you.
    You need to learn how to train first.

The testosterone is going to make your muscles stronger than your tendons and ligaments.
    Muscle grows quicker than joints and ligaments.
    Therefore, with your past history, you are simply going to hurt yourself again.

I would aim for a year of training first before starting a cycle.
    I know it s too late for that.

I was training for two years straight from 2017 to 2019 when I hurt myself. I let it recover for 16 months.

Maybe the injury was the excuse I gave myself on why to try it. It’s been around me for a while, this time I just didn’t say no.

As far as why I hurt myself I know exactly how and why it happens. I try and lift heavy and go up too much too fast ( always happens after a few years of training Healthy and I tell myself I can go heavy ) this was the last time. Going to be very careful on how fast I go up on weight and watch form.

WHy add the clomid to the PCT? I can get nolvadex and arimidex easilly. Clomid not so much

Thread Information