Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Allthenamesaretaken is offline New Member

Hello!

Hey guys, I'm a new member and have been working out only for a year. I'm 18 years old and have never tried steroids , I've read on this site that you shouldn't consider them until around 21 years of age so I won't. For now I just hope to gain knowledge and learn more about legal supps, routine, and diet. I'm open to any critiques and advice you guys have to offer me. I don't have any leg pics up yet, but I plan on doing it soon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hello!-forumtrap.jpg   Hello!-arm..jpg   Hello!-too-thin..jpg   Hello!-picture-19.jpg  
    Last edited by Allthenamesaretaken; 03-24-2006 at 02:51 PM.

By the way: I'm 6'1, 196 lbs. I squat 370 lbs. right now, (but I have an injured knee) and I benchpress 310. I'm currently trying to gain mass (obviously) and am having a bit of trouble with it.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Allthenamesaretaken
    I squat 370 lbs. right now and I benchpress 310.

Not to diss ya, but from the pictures your provided, I don't see those numbers being accurate.

Your arms and chest do not appear to be able to bench over 300 lbs. Sorry, I just don't see enough muscle mass there to support that kind of weight.

~SC~

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat

Not to diss ya, but from the pictures your provided, I don't see those numbers being accurate.

Your arms and chest do not appear to be able to bench over 300 lbs. Sorry, I just don't see enough muscle mass there to support that kind of weight.

~SC~
    I've got to say ditto on this.

Welcome to the board however.

~CS

Thanks for the advice and props everybody! Timtim, I'm going to start looking into periodization now, from what you said it seems to be just what I'm looking for. SC and Nark, no harm done. I totally agree with you that I don't look that strong. If I were to see someone else putting up pics with that amount of muscle mass I'd think the same thing. In fact, I'd probably have a rough time believing they benched over like 200 lbs. It doesn't matter though I guess, it's all about how you look in this game!

Thanks for the advice and props everybody! Timtim, I'm going to start looking into periodization now, from what you said it seems to be just what I'm looking for. SC and Nark, no harm done. I totally agree with you that I don't look that strong. If I were to see someone else putting up pics with that amount of muscle mass I'd think the same thing. In fact, I'd probably have a rough time believing they benched over like 200 lbs. It doesn't matter though I guess, it's all about how you look in this game!

CLeeK is offline New Member

~SC~
    I don't like 'em, but I must agree.

Butterfly23GrL is offline Female Member

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by CLeeK

don't like what?

btw - DUDE YOUR PICTURE IS SCARY!

Quote Originally Posted by CLeeK
    You don't like what?

Me?

Explain......

~SC~

BlueAndromeda73 is offline Senior Member
    nice so far bro do you have anyshots of full upper body, or back shots not just enlarged pics of your armpit just tryin to see the whole deal it would be easier to judge good choice on keepin it natty for now, and welcome to the board

Thanks for accepting me to the board man. I'm really excited about being a member and being able to ask questions and learn directly from you guys. You're all a big inspiration for me.

Some more pics, I tried to get a back pic, but it's really hard to do with a webcam. I got one pic for the chest as well. The legs suck, I know. I wanna work out more than I do, actually quite a bit more, but I'm worried about overtraining. Could someone recommend a workout routine where I'd get max gym time without overtraining?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hello!-picture-32.jpg   Hello!-picture-46.jpg   Hello!-picture-43.jpg   Hello!-legsforum..jpg   Hello!-picture-45.jpg  

Last edited by Allthenamesaretaken; 03-24-2006 at 06:55 PM.

BlueAndromeda73 is offline Senior Member
    good to see those updated pics and legs, good base man now just eat, eat , eat and train man pack on the pounds, squats and deads are a must and start blastin that chest, you look good...and you'll look better

LatinoPR is offline Anabolic Member
    Bro...you look very good,keep doing a good job...BTW welcome to the board,"you can do it ?...we can help"

DBflash21 is offline Member
    Yea, I'm with SC and Nark. No diss, but it's just not there bro. Lookin good tho!

A friend of mine told me the pictures don't really do me justice, so I'll put up my measurements (in inches and cm for the guys outside the U.S.).

Neck - 16.5 in. = 41.91 cm.
    Calves - 16 in. = 40.64 cm.
    Thigh - 25 in. = 63.5 cm.
    Chest - 45 in. = 114.3 cm.
    Biceps - 14.5 in. = 36.83 cm.
    Waist - 34 in. = 86.36 cm
    Forearm - 13 in. = 33.02 cm.

Is that about how big I look in the pics?

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    A friend of mine told me the pictures don't really do me justice, so I'll put up my measurements (in inches and cm for the guys outside the U.S.).

Neck - 16.5 in. = 41.91 cm.
    Calves - 16 in. = 40.64 cm.
    Thigh - 25 in. = 63.5 cm.
    Chest - 45 in. = 114.3 cm.
    Biceps - 14.5 in. = 36.83 cm.
    Waist - 34 in. = 86.36 cm
    Forearm - 13 in. = 33.02 cm.

Is that about how big I look in the pics?
    Your specs are actually quite similar to mine except 15.5 calves and 31 waist here with 30 inches at the belly button and drop the body fat down to about 8%... although with calves of 16 inches and 14.5 arms... I believe target should be to get calves and arms to about the same measurements so arms need to get up to 16 inches. 3oo lbs bench... isnt that more typical of 16/17/18 inch arms?

Are you sure you arent telling us the weights off of cable based machines? They use leverage so they dont compare to free weights and dumb bells. Like 300 lbs on a chest press cable based machine is more like 180 lbs free weights because of leverage. Smith machines are also cheating in a way because you can just press forwards and not have to maintain the weights the same way as with true free weights. When guys are talking about squats and bench press... we are not talking about with the assistence of a machine.
    Last edited by Ntpadude; 03-27-2006 at 12:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntpadude
    Smith machines are also cheating in a way because you can just press forwards and not have to maintain the weights the same way as with true free weights. When guys are talking about squats and bench press... we are not talking about with the assistence of a machine.
    There we go, I thought that Smith Press was equatable with free weight bench. That's what I hit the 310 with. How much do you think that'd be on the flat bench? I can't bench with a flat because I don't have a spotter or anything so I use the smith.. Can't really change that. I also was told today by my math teacher (who is 6'5) that he thinks I'm more along the lines of 6'3 or 6'4. I really just think he's shorter than he believes though.

Thanks for the continued props guys, I have been checking the diet forum out and have learned quite a bit. I have been eating really sloppy up to this point, getting around the right amount of calories to gain mass but lots of it was in fat, so I'm going to change that up and start eating right.

Another thing, I recently found out (in the workout section here) that deadlift is hugely advantageous in gaining mass. Before yesterday, I had actually never done a deadlift in my life. I'm incorporating that into my lifting now.

THE_DOME is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntpadude
    Your specs are actually quite similar to mine except 15.5 calves and 31 waist here with 30 inches at the belly button and drop the body fat down to about 8%... although with calves of 16 inches and 14.5 arms... I believe target should be to get calves and arms to about the same measurements so arms need to get up to 16 inches. 3oo lbs bench... isnt that more typical of 16/17/18 inch arms?

Are you sure you arent telling us the weights off of cable based machines? They use leverage so they dont compare to free weights and dumb bells. Like 300 lbs on a chest press cable based machine is more like 180 lbs free weights because of leverage. Smith machines are also cheating in a way because you can just press forwards and not have to maintain the weights the same way as with true free weights. When guys are talking about squats and bench press... we are not talking about with the assistence of a machine.
    just on a side note i dont think thats correct i know many people that are putting up over 300 on bench with 17/18 inch arms

mknpp9 is offline New Member
    yea , no offense bro but ur pics dont look like ur benchin and squating that much, but if u r keep given er and eat ur face off, and u will be sure to grow for sure good luck and welcome cheers

swizole is offline Associate Member
    haha, how come i get my ass busted for saying that the cleanforchrist kid couldnt squat 800 lbs???

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Good base for 18, keep it up!

Get in the diet forum and start soaking up knowledge. It's ideal at your age you learn as much as possible about diet/training. DO IT lol
    -B D
    DO NOT ASK FOR A SOURCE, NONE SHALL BE GIVEN.
    -NO SOURCE CHECKS!-

[email protected]
    If asking cycle advice Post up Stats/previous cycle experience/goals!

If asking diet advice Post Stats/current diet/goals!

“Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same.”

I B D
    AR VET

goalseeker is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IBdmfkr
    Good base for 18, keep it up!

Get in the diet forum and start soaking up knowledge. It's ideal at your age you learn as much as possible about diet/training. DO IT lol
    .... Yeah, go for it bro!!!!

dr_skier is offline Associate Member
    Remember brotha gotta touch your chest on bench and hit 90degrees on the squat. And I say this only because when I was 18 i didn't bring the bar all the way down and didn't squat deep, my buddy gave me a smack and from then on i preformed correct movements, the weight i could handle dropped in half instantly but boy did it come back and come back hard. Anyways regardless of how much weight you can or can't bench/squat you're lookin like you're on the right track to success. Remember EAT EAT EAT, i swear you'll get enough extra hormones from all the stuff they put in meat these days anyways. Food is such your friend. I wish i knew about the diet forum when i was 18!!! Also switch up your workout constantly, keep those muscles guessing, train them hard, train them often, sleep lots, eat lots, have lots of random sex with girls (ya 18 was fun!).. You also realise something else important, it's not about how much you lift, it's about how you look in the mirror (ok important to you and me and most others, not all). I get discouraged when i cant bench more than 405lbs (i'm 250), but my buddy who's 25lbs less can, but i have long arms and my chest looks way better than his so hey i'm happy, but now this is a rant, so happy growing!!

Glad to see you taking initiative, keep at it.

Yes, Deads are the shit. Prepare to grow.
    -B D
    -NO SOURCE CHECKS!-

[email protected]

I B D
    AR VET

haha, ppl either love you or they hate you SC, what's up with that?
    If that's him in the Avi then I can understand why he hates you so much. Haters.
    -B D
    -NO SOURCE CHECKS!-

[email protected]

I B D
    AR VET

Quote Originally Posted by IBdmfkr
    haha, ppl either love you or they hate you SC, what's up with that?
    If that's him in the Avi then I can understand why he hates you so much. Haters.
    I have no idea, that's why I asked him if that was to mean as it sounded.

I honestly don't care if he likes me or not, as I have no idea who he is, nor do I care. However, since like/hate towards someone is a non-sequitor in a response such as this, I'd like to know the purpose.

~SC~

Myka is offline Made Of Sugar
    If someones car alarm goes off at least once a day...what are my options?

Quote Originally Posted by NewKid
    If someones car alarm goes off at least once a day...what are my options?
    Throw shit at it so that it will continually go off, and the battery will drain itself dead.

~SC~

Throw shit at it so that it will continually go off, and the battery will drain itself dead.

~SC~
    actually thats a really good idea...I was expecting someone to give a really unrealistic idea

~sc~

Iceman69 is offline Associate Member
    Smith machines are sounding more like it.

There's no way in heck you're benching even 225lbs free weight atm bro.

You look good at 18. Stay natural and keep eating/training.

Everyone here uses "free weights" when mentioning their lifts though so that's why you got jumped on a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman69

Everyone here uses "free weights" when mentioning their lifts though so that's why you got jumped on a little.
    zackly

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman69
    Smith machines are sounding more like it.

There's no way in heck you're benching even 225lbs free weight atm bro.
    Haha, you think the smith machine takes off nearly 100 lbs of resistance?

Yea, try 400 lol It's strength/weight ratio and BF, makes a big difference.
    -B D
    -NO SOURCE CHECKS!-

[email protected]

I B D
    AR VET

Seriously though guys, you think a 310 lb bench with a smith press is equivalent to >225 lbs flat? Man.. I wish I can bench with free weights.

*Alex* is offline Senior Member
    Seriously though guys, you think a 310 lb bench with a smith press is equivalent to >225 lbs flat? Man.. I wish I can bench with free weights.
    no...its only 20-25 difference between the two,imo. and i dont think you bench 310 nor 225 .sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by alex7674
    no...its only 20-25 difference between the two,imo. and i dont think you bench 310 nor 225 .sorry!
    Would pics prove it?

Would pics prove it?
    You posted your pics already, and that's what initially started the
    questioning as to if you can really bench that much.

Honestly, it doesn't make a bit of difference to me, as when I close this window and go about my day, it's not like I'll keep thinking about it or caring. However, free weight wise I'd bet G's that you can't bench over 300.

Pics of you lifting won't prove anything, no. The only thing that would prove you could lift 300 plus on the bench, would be an mpeg movie taken of you flat benching 3 wheels on each side of the flat barbell bench press. I truly believe that we aren't going to see that.

I wouldn't worry about arguing or trying to prove what you can/cannot do. Instead, I'd make strides to work towards goals like the milestones you had listed here.

~SC~

bwahahhahahaaaha...this reminds me of the other day...I was sitting between sets in the leg press...and I look over and this guy is benching 225 in the smith machine ROFL...okay okay...and he cant do it!! and he didnt know how to rack it...then he says "little help over here?" and I dont move and someone else runs over...bwwahahhhahhaaaaaaa!!!...

although that isnt very nice

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information