babyfaced dan is offline New Member

18 years old 4 months on

so basically i started a gym about 8 months ago, done the typical walk around from one machine to another, do a few 20 reps here do a few 6 there. Absoulote novice, then i just started going now and again.

Then i decided to do a bit of research and filled my head full of knoweledge and went at it like a charging bull, i over complicated excersises and workouts and once again go nowhere.

So eventually about 6 months ago i got my act together and started doing it right and the last 4 months i started seeing some changes, i'm just posting these pictures to see if you think i'm progressing at a good rate or i'm still doing somthing wrong.

These pictures have all been taken in the last 4 months.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 18 years old 4 months on-30062009038-001.jpg   18 years old 4 months on-26072009050-001.jpg   18 years old 4 months on-26112009121-001.jpg  

Dont wanna be old is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Good job !

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Definite progress, just make sure you're working hard every time your in the gym, and most importantly - make SURE your diet is in check!

Necrosaro is offline Senior Member
    I thought when I read it that you were on Steroids for 4 months lol.

Exilus is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro View Post
    x2

tballz is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro View Post
    x3

Good job bro...Knowledge is king with this lifestyle.

bigboomer is offline Associate Member
    Wow..I see some good size difference from the first to third pic..good job man

babyfaced dan is offline New Member
    thanks for the compliments guys, just another question a bit off topic.
    At the moment my bench is at 60kg ( ino weakling w.e). But i hav'nt been able to up the weight or squeeze out another rep my last couple gym sessions. I think the obvious problem is i don't have a training partner to gimme that last "up" on the bench, i only have one friend who works out and he go's a gym thats a bit above my pay rate. any advice ?

j4ever41 is offline Senior Member
    i know you want to hit that gym hard and you are at an age to make very good progress and you are a novice so you have that going for you too. I would suggest going to the diet forum and read the stickies there,put together a diet that will assist you in meeting your gaols,post it up in the diet forum along with your stats/goals and peeps will help you tweek it as needed. Also go to the workout forum and post your workout along with your stats/goals and you will get help there as well. You dont need to be in the gym for 2 hours,do basic compund movements WITH GOOD FORM,dont let your ego take over and start trying to lift to heavy,bouncing and slinging weights around,it will only lead to injuries and bad joints. If you have not already done so you will learn that nutrition is the # 1 thing in this game,without it you will not go far! also when it comes to a training routine less often means more.

Bvette is offline Associate Member
    Looking good keep it up. Make sure to lift them legs good. I wish I would of started lifting weights at 18.

vishus is offline Knowledgeable Member
    u got a good base startd, stick with it and stay motivated....itll yield amazing results in the long run!

Thread Information