bigp87 is offline Junior Member

Guess my bodyfat % Please after 6 month Bulk

edit
    Last edited by bigp87; 07-29-2010 at 04:27 AM.

Noles12 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Around 22%

I dont see why you went to steroids and bulked. You were already at a high BF% and needed to cut then lean bulk. It appears you went all out and now you look to be carrying a lot more fat and hardly anymore muscle than the before pics.

My guess is it will take a good bit longer than 12 weeks and going down to that low of calories you will lose what little bit of muscle you may have gained

Batt is offline Junior Member
    I would say around 25%. I wouldn't be able to tell you how fast you could lose it but you probably don't want to lose any muscle while cutting. Defeats the pupose of the bulk.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    I think Noles is being very nice by saying 22%. Not to insult you, but I think you were 20% + in the first pic, and closer to 30% in the second pic. Didn't you already post these pics in another thread? I could have sworn I saw them already and commented. If I have the wrong guy, I apologize. If I have the right guy, I'll reiterate what I said before.

I'm not trying to be mean, just brutally honest. I don't see any noticable muscle gain in the 2nd pic. Honestly it just looks like a fatter version of the 1st pic.

It's good that your head is in the right place now and you want to cut. 2000 calories is probably good, but it's all a guessing game unless you find out your TDEE/maintenance. Once you do, post up your diet in the diet section ASAP so we can help you out with it.

BJJ
    BJJ is offline Sapiens Fingit Fortunam Sibi
    Quote Originally Posted by Noles12 View Post
    Around 22%

I dont see why you went to steroids and bulked. You were already at a high BF% and needed to cut then lean bulk. It appears you went all out and now you look to be carrying a lot more fat and hardly anymore muscle than the before pics.

My guess is it will take a good bit longer than 12 weeks and going down to that low of calories you will lose what little bit of muscle you may have gained
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    I think Noles is being very nice by saying 22%. Not to insult you, but I think you were 20% + in the first pic, and closer to 30% in the second pic. Didn't you already post these pics in another thread? I could have sworn I saw them already and commented. If I have the wrong guy, I apologize. If I have the right guy, I'll reiterate what I said before.

I'm not trying to be mean, just brutally honest. I don't see any noticable muscle gain in the 2nd pic. Honestly it just looks like a fatter version of the 1st pic.

It's good that your head is in the right place now and you want to cut. 2000 calories is probably good, but it's all a guessing game unless you find out your TDEE/maintenance. Once you do, post up your diet in the diet section ASAP so we can help you out with it.
    Agreed.

Good Luck

Exilus is offline Banned
    i think you guys are exagerating. he does looks like hes carrying more muscle his shoulders are broader and thats not just fat...

Quote Originally Posted by Exilus View Post
    i think you guys are exagerating. he does looks like hes carrying more muscle his shoulders are broader and thats not just fat...
    I'm not trying to break his balls, I would never want to come down on anybody on these boards for trying to get in shape. But let's call a spade a spade - his shoulders are a bit broader but after a 6 month bulk, he should have put on alot more muscle than that. Let's say for example he gained 30lbs; i'd say very liberally 10lbs of muscle and 20lbs of fat, more likely 5/25.

Noles12 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Exilus View Post
    The only difference i see is the second pic is much closer making him appear bigger. I think right now his best bet is to stop AAS until he gets his diet and training in check. I can tell they are the culprit from the pictures alone.

NMacFar is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigp87 View Post
    Hey guys

I did a 6 month bulk from january this year, i did use some anabolics in doing so however my aim was to gain as much muscle & size as possible so i was eating a lot of food, probably 5000 calories a day.

First photo is in january
    http://forums.steroid.com/attachment...8&d=1278719408

Second Photo is current (june)
    http://forums.steroid.com/attachment...9&d=1278719425

What % do you think i am at now?

And how long would it take me to lose my stomach if i consume 2000 calories a day with 3 - 5 days of low intensity cardio? Is 12 weeks enough?
    His question was how much BF do you think he has, and how he can go about losing some stomach fat, not how you feel about his current physique. Some of you people go off on tangents and it is so annoying. Stop insulting the guy and just answer his fuc**** question.

BIGP87, you look somewhere in the high 20's and I think 2000 calories and some cardio would be a great start to achieving your goals. Take care!

Quote Originally Posted by NMacFar View Post
    His question was how much BF do you think he has, and how he can go about losing some stomach fat, not how you feel about his current physique. Some of you people go off on tangents and it is so annoying. Stop insulting the guy and just answer his fuc**** question.

BIGP87, you look somewhere in the high 20's and I think 2000 calories and some cardio would be a great start to achieving your goals. Take care!
    I hear you, but disagree. If you post your pic up on these boards, it's going to be critiqued. True he asked for a guess on his BF% which we all provided. What's wrong with a little constructive criticism to go along with it? If you were doing something completely wrong, wouldn't you want somebody to tell you? I would, because I don't like wasting my time.

Nobody is insulting the OP; call it tough love if you want. I posted pics early on and got the same harsh feedback from other members, and i'm glad that happened because they woke me up. The guy claims to have bulked for 6 months and clearly put on very little if any muscle, and alot of fat. I would want somebody to point that out to me and help me out with it.

Maybe you need to chill and not go off on a tangent yourself, when all people here are trying to do is help.

Constructive criticism is completely different than bashing.

Constructive criticism is completely different than bashing.
    And you feel what I wrote above is bashing him?

Obviously you feel the need to stick up for yourself!!!!!!!!!! Did I ever say "GBRICE" in my comments? because I don't remember singling any one person out...

Obviously you feel the need to stick up for yourself!!!!!!!!!! Did I ever say "GBRICE" in my comments? because I don't remember singling any one person out...
    No, you didn't specifically call me out, but I think I was probably more graphic/detailed than the others in my criticism. Clearly I was one of the people you were referring to.

OP, not to repeat myself over and over, but nobody is saying this to make you feel bad, only to help. I think the best thing you can do for yourself right now is post up your current diet in the diet section so you can get some help with it. Instead of bulking or cutting, I think you should aim for a body recomp. From what I can see, you have low LBM and high bodyfat, so if you cut you will probably wind up looking very skinny. Obviously the bulking thing didn't work out for you this time around, and now BF is definitely too high to even consider doing it again. A body recomp will work wonders for you IMO. Just my .02 ...

sean_holland is offline Associate Member
    Wow, some people get so testy. NMacFar...are you the protector of humanity? The guy asked a question, provided info that he did some stupid shit and then posted pics of the results of the stupid shit he did.

.....and he did it to an audience of people who happen to know exactly what he did wrong, how to change it and are already jaded from 10 fools a week doing or asking about doing the same thing.

Would this response fit better?

"Hey fat ass put down the fork and the needle and learn something about your diet and something about self restraint. Go to the gym and train like it matters or don't waste our time with your bull shit pipe dreams. You wanna do steroids and get bitch tits cause you don't know what the F*** your doing, fine, but don't do it on my time cause I will tell you your a retard and not feel sorry about it. So step your game and your life up, and stop being a jackass fatty."

Was that better? Because as nice as everyone is posting, that's what they're all thinking. Too many people use gear to solve all their body image problems, and if we don't tell them the errors of their ways who will?

You want an honest critique? Get some tough skin and listen to the posters above....my "" was just a harsh example of what you could be getting, I mean no personal harm by it BigP87.

...and yes 27% BF at least.

Quote Originally Posted by sean_holland View Post
    Wow, some people get so testy. NMacFar...are you the protector of humanity? The guy asked a question, provided info that he did some stupid shit and then posted pics of the results of the stupid shit he did.

.....and he did it to an audience of people who happen to know exactly what he did wrong, how to change it and are already jaded from 10 fools a week doing or asking about doing the same thing.

"Hey fat ass put down the fork and the needle and learn something about your diet and something about self restraint. Go to the gym and train like it matters or don't waste our time with your bull shit pipe dreams. You wanna do steroids and get bitch tits cause you don't know what the F*** your doing, fine, but don't do it on my time cause I will tell you your a retard and not feel sorry about it. So step your game and your life up, and stop being a jackass fatty."

Was that better? Because as nice as everyone is posting, that's what they're all thinking. Too many people use gear to solve all their body image problems, and if we don't tell them the errors of their ways who will?

You want an honest critique? Get some tough skin and listen to the posters above....my "" was just a harsh example of what you could be getting, I mean no personal harm by it BigP87.

Hey kids, look!!!! A real tough guy!!!!!

wharton is offline out of here

x2 except to add you just wasted your money and got fatter, diet section training section forget all you know and start again. 27%bf at least.

n00bs is offline Member
    We should sticky this and show noobies that steroids dont turn you into ronnie!

If it helps 1 more person from being an idiot its worth it!

Hey kids, look!!!! A real tough guy!!!!!
    I clearly wasn't trying to be a tough guy, I was just giving an example of 'Harsh' criticism and what the other posters were trying to do...in leading this guy down the right path after he so obviously was going down the wrong one.

I stated that my "" was only a mock example and not how I felt about the TS. I think the people who posted after you understood what I was talking about.

*This would be a good sticky n00bs, I think people are really nieve about how 'steroids ' will make you a superhuman with no work/diet/training/knowledge of any kind. This is the stigma AAS has among the layman.*

n00bs is offline Member
    I think anything stupid/dangerous/ignorant is mock worthy its how we learn not to do it again... Through negative experiences..

Why didnt we do shit as kids because we copped abuse form our parents.. If we didnt we would of done whatever..

Quote Originally Posted by n00bs View Post
    I think anything stupid/dangerous/ignorant is mock worthy its how we learn not to do it again... Through negative experiences..

Why didnt we do shit as kids because we copped abuse form our parents.. If we didnt we would of done whatever..
    I agree.

Though I wasn't mocking the thread starter specifically, I'm sure he's a nice guy with the best of intentions, I was mocking his choices...

But NMacFar got very salty about it, its clearly NOT 'always sunny in Philadelphia'.

its clearly NOT 'always sunny in Philadelphia'.
    LoL!

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    LoL!
    You're right, it's been raining since Monday evening. lol

Thank God! I'm not too happy about spending thousands on plants/trees, etc., then spending all of my own time and labor planting everything, just to have it all die on me!

Amen to that. If I don't have to water another bed or pot all summer I will be one happy man. My lawn has finally got some color back!!

Its been raining up here in Western Canada as well. Sorry about the misunderstanding...no hard feelings! ; )

Bertuzzi is offline AR's Common Sense Ninja

^^ I don't think anything more needs to be said to you.... You were out of line.

-------------------------------------------

As for all the advice given, they are correct to go into further scrutiny. This guy never should have went into a bulk, he should have cut for a few months then go for a bulk. I agree that it does not look like he gained much muscle at all, and especially for a 6 month bulk. The reason for all this "unnecessary advice" as you call it, is to help this guy realize his mistakes and not make them again. Especially since he wants to start cutting.... if he did that poorly on a bulk his cut will most likely not render any real results.

Cudos to the OP for putting himself out there and posting pictures, and no one would ever bash him for it and if they did.... they would quicking be put in place. Some of the best advice I have received on this board was advice I never even asked for but experienced members chose to voice their opinions above and beyond, and I thank them for it. So whether you like it or not and same for the OP.... the advice and experience given in this thread is crucial for this mans success.

My 2 Cents
    Last edited by Bertuzzi; 07-14-2010 at 12:35 PM.

Its been raining up here in Western Canada as well. Sorry about the misunderstanding...no hard feelings! ; )
    Not to Hijack this thread, but where you from Sean? I'm in Edmonton and we've been getting hammered with rain.

Quote Originally Posted by Bertuzzi View Post
    Not to Hijack this thread, but where you from Sean? I'm in Edmonton and we've been getting hammered with rain.
    I'm in Edmonton with ya!

I'm in Edmonton with ya!
    Cool, there's a couple Edmontonians on here... us Albertan's hang out in Dukkits Whore thread.

Thread Information