Mike Dura is offline Senior Member

Dura's Last Stand (last set of pics I'll post)

Last hurah before retirement at 40 years of age. No more hardcore bodybuilding due to moderate mitral valve regurgitation (valvular heart disease). Cardiologists say heavy lifting will worsen the condition. I suspect that the condition was both due to clen use and genetic predisposition. For this reason I'd urge the young folks to avoid clen or any type of thermogenic that raises blood pressure. The risks heavily outweigh the benefits. Getting lean is about cardio, diet and time.

About the pics: Although I feel my upper body was better then ever, my legs were definetely less then steller due to pain in my right hip that I suspect is arthritic in nature. I had to work around this and I did so by supersetting isolation and compound movements with little time between sets. My range of motion was limited as well (I did quarter range of motion for heavier compound movements and half range of motion for lighter compound movements for 15 to 20 reps. For upper body I did plenty of sets and reps with every conceivable excersize from every possible angle never doing the same workout twice. I was all about blood volume training and this was time consuming. I spent 3 to 5 hours daily in the gym. I'd go 2-3 times a day.

I prioritized training weak areas. With pecs, for example, I always emphasized upper inner chest and upper chest in general. Cycle was simple: I used test prop 150 mg every other day. Diet was ketogenic with one high carb day. Six meals a day, 40-60 gms of protien per meal, whey protein was half my meals and chicken, eggs or salmon was the rest. I would cheat with natural peanut butter and nothing else. Supps were minimal. I used fish oil, whey, multimineral vitamin and magnesium. I drank 1 to 2 gallons of water a day and did about 1.5 hours of farklet style cardio daily split between 2-3 session. This basic routine did the trick and I lost 35 pounds as I was really out of shape at the start.

I posted some pictures for comparison. The picture where I look like crap and I'm unshaven was taken in Aug of 09' compared to the other pics which was taken in Jan '10. What a difference losing bodyfat makes. In august pic I weighed about 190 pounds. In the January pic (5 months later) I weighed 175 pounds. In one pic, I'm fully clothed to give you an idea of how I looked in clothes (you can barely tell I'm a bodybuilder). That's something they used to say about 80's bodybuilders - how small they looked in clothes the day of the competition. Back then they used steroids only and it was more about aesthetics over the mass monsters of today.

The end of the Line

About three days after these pictures were taken, I felt what I thought was an anxiety attack coming on and I collapsed and had a seizure. I was in and out of consciousness and thought I was having a heart attack. I thought that I messed up with my electrolytes (I increased my sodium a little as I was carbing up) and I appologised to my wife and told her that I loved her. I really thought that was about to die and felt at peace with that. I was admitted to the emergency room with profound bradyarrythmia and they shot me up with atropine and I recovered. I was in intensive care for three days. They don't know the cause but I have my own theory (can't tell you due to posting rules ). I'll miss hardcore bodybuilding. It was beautiful. I really loved the process. Glory days! They'll pass you by! If any of the beginners have any questions I'd be happy to respond. There's definately some informed folks on this board but I'd say that there's many more who are confidently deluded as that is common with people in general (look up Dunning-Krueger effect on wiki).

Here's some links from pics I've posted in the past:

(1) http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...ng.&highlight=
    (2) http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...CK!&highlight=
    (3) http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...ape&highlight=
    (4) http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...ed.&highlight=
    (5) http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...g-)&highlight=
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dura's Last Stand (last set of pics I'll post)-sam_0261-2-822x1024-822x1024-642x800-.jpg   Dura's Last Stand (last set of pics I'll post)-sam_0219-526x1024-.jpg   Dura's Last Stand (last set of pics I'll post)-dsc00281-745x1024-.jpg   Dura's Last Stand (last set of pics I'll post)-sam_0230-2-409x1024-.jpg   Dura's Last Stand (last set of pics I'll post)-sam_0335-688x1024-.jpg  

Last edited by Mike Dura; 10-25-2010 at 12:24 AM.

bigboomer is offline Associate Member
    Im so sorry to hear this friend...To not be able to do what you been doing yoir whole life and what your love..But your health is whats important as you know.I will say that you do look amazing!!! You can live vicariously through this place and helping all of us guys with your experience..nonetheless you look great, sorry about your loss too bb.
    Last edited by bigboomer; 10-24-2010 at 11:39 PM.

I'm more apt to live vi-cariosly over bi-curiously. My curiosity has limits! Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Dura View Post
    I'm more apt to live vi-cariosly over bi-curiously. My curiosity has limits! Lol.
    Lmfao..opps...vicariously..Ohh man..lol

bodybuilder is offline Senior Member
    Funny stuff guys. You really do look amazing Mike good work. Oh and FYI i am not bi-curious. Just a straight guy admiring some good work.

lol. Thanks. Yeah it's hard work. Steroids get too much credit but anyone who does this knows that it's about hard work, self-restraint and sucking it up and tolerating some serious pain

bodybuilder is offline Senior Member
    Agree, steroids ain't going to do anything for you unless you are truly dedicated and put the time, sweet and, tears in.

lol. Thanks. Yeah it's hard work. Steroids get too much credit but anyone who does this knows that it's about hard work, self-restraint and sucking it up and tolerating some serious pain
    Yeah I get to many comments like" you must be on steroids ".They arent ****en magic, you got put in the time and hard work to get there..Give up a lot of shit to be in this game..Unless your in bb other people will never get it..

I remember one summer training natural and I was getting pretty ripped. I weighed about 15 pounds less than I would if on juice. I was on the tread mill and these three older ladies walked by and said "look at that guy all steroided up and with the attitude." I started laughing. If u look lean u must be on steroids . Attitude? Sheeeeet! I was just doing tread mill. Should I have been smiling?

Yeah cause cardio fun to begin with..like anyones going to look happy doing it..Lol...some people are just stupid..Since ive started cutting ive had two guys walk upbto me and ask me "are you on roids" just cause im leaning out..and I reply with"i dont know! Am I?".Then walk away its pretty funny though..

Lol. I've definately got some hostile treatment from women just for walking around the gym in a tank top. Most of the reaction seems possitive. Now, I'm out of shape. No one notices me accept for my wife when I fail to do the dishes. I get a guilt trip and "I'll do it later" doesn"t pan. Balls in a sling. Damn

Haha..Its funny how that works..

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Lol. I've definately got some hostile treatment from women just for walking around the gym in a tank top. Most of the reaction seems possitive. Now, I'm out of shape. No one notices me accept for my wife when I fail to do the dishes. I get a guilt trip and "I'll do it later" doesn"t pan. Balls in a sling. Damn
    I feel your fvckin pain there man..... my wife hates how big I am so I can't even pop the pecs and say i'll do the dishes later

you look great..... keep on trainin..... just take the volume down a few notches - you'll stay in shape!

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

mperk is offline Member
    hey man;
    sorry to hear that but try to look on the positive side and give yourself credit for what you have accomplished! And since you have that medical condition, it's good that you are aware of it so you can manage your lifestyle to make the most of every day. you are smart to retire BB at this point - I'm sure you'll find other athletic pursuits that will be healthy for you. I don't know much about valvular heart disease, but if you are allowed intense cardio, boxing is hella fun and great cardio. i took it up last summer for about 6 months with my son and it was a blast. of course (at 51) i'll never be a "boxer" but wtf - it was a good time and i know i'll go back to it one day. thanks for posting - takes a lot of courage to do that and i am sure any of the young guys who read it will have a greater focus on staying healthy regardless of size or sport. And stay off the fukking weed man! LOL

Props dude - take care!

About three days after these pictures were taken, I felt what I thought was an anxiety attack coming on and I collapsed and had a seizure. I was in and out of consciousness and thought I was having a heart attack. I thought that I messed up with my electrolytes (I increased my sodium a little as I was carbing up) and I appologised to my wife and told her that I loved her. I really thought that was about to die and felt at peace with that. I was admitted to the emergency room with profound bradyarrythmia and they shot me up with atropine and I recovered. I was in intensive care for three days. They don't know the cause but I have my own theory . I'll miss hardcore bodybuilding. It was beautiful. I really loved the process. Glory days! They'll pass you by! If any of the beginners have any questions I'd be happy to respond. There's definately some informed folks on this board but I'd say that there's many more who are confidently deluded as that is common with people in general (look up Dunning-Krueger effect on wiki).
    I need to get my post count up to 50, and then I would really like to talk to you about this ^^....

I had a very similar situation after very very long term use of that... ehh... compound.

Be in touch soon..

By the way, looking very lean in the pics!

sorry to hear that but try to look on the positive side and give yourself credit for what you have accomplished! And since you have that medical condition, it's good that you are aware of it so you can manage your lifestyle to make the most of every day. you are smart to retire BB at this point - I'm sure you'll find other athletic pursuits that will be healthy for you. I don't know much about valvular heart disease, but if you are allowed intense cardio, boxing is hella fun and great cardio. i took it up last summer for about 6 months with my son and it was a blast. of course (at 51) i'll never be a "boxer" but wtf - it was a good time and i know i'll go back to it one day. thanks for posting - takes a lot of courage to do that and i am sure any of the young guys who read it will have a greater focus on staying healthy regardless of size or sport. And stay off the fukking weed man! LOL.

Yeah I want to keep thin. I'll never look like I did unless I got heart valve surgery but for now I'll go much lighter and do cardio. No more weed either! I can"t win! thanks for the compliment.

Props dude - take care![/QUOTE]

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    Sorry, congrats, and thanks for sharing with everyone here, it's always nice to have people share their real experiences for others to learn and grow from without having to go down the same road of tough lessons.

mperk is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tbody66 View Post
    Sorry, congrats, and thanks for sharing with everyone here, it's always nice to have people share their real experiences for others to learn and grow from without having to go down the same road of tough lessons.
    Yup - sometimes it helps to know that other peeps go through the same shit and come out okay. Dura, you seem to have a really good attitude about your misfortune and a great outlook on life, so I'm sure you will do well. Just think of it as another phase of your life. (That was the way I approached 50 - it was hard to swallow but I came to terms with it....and the alternative is not so great....!) Take care, man!

terraj is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Good to hear somebody else warning people off Clen .

Best of luck to you.

Thanks. Yeah, as you know, getting older is no easy adjustment. It started with premature greys in my late 20's and then an odd hip pain Two years ago. From there it just escalated. I have alot of regrets for some of my vices, e.g., drinking and smoking. With regard to performance enhancing drugs, I regret clen use because I truly believe it contributed toward valvular heart disease. I say the risks were definately not worth the benefits. I would urge everyone not to mess with clen or albuterol. If you do monitor blood pressure closely. Read up on clen. I posted a good article I cut and pasted from a now defunct site:

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...rol&highlight=

Also, keep in mind that UGL products are often contaminated with heavy metals and ultimately you don't really know what you are putting into your body with ugl.
    Last edited by Mike Dura; 10-28-2010 at 01:42 PM.

Thread Information