Shroud83 is offline Junior Member

Pic of me 10 years ago

17y/o, 5'6", 165lbs. Had been training for about 2 years. Came across this photo so I scanned it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2001pic.jpg 
Views:	477 
Size:	63.5 KB 
ID:	114198

swllce is offline Associate Member
    Looked rock solid!
    Where you running any cycles back then?

Nope, 100% natural. Like most kids my diet was way outta wack too, but I trained hard

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Decent! So, what about nowadays?

MR-FQ320 is offline This means war!
    yeah wheres the 'now' photo ?

27, 5'6", 185lbs. Have trained off and on over the past 10 years.... more off than on A little thicker now. Still all natural.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1698.JPG 
Views:	239 
Size:	67.0 KB 
ID:	114214

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    why still natural?? you get tested?? afraid of needles?? just curious

Eh, no reason really. I knew the day would come sooner or later and just wasn't in a rush. But now, the day is here

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    you got a great base to work off.. a good bulking cycle or two followed by a cut and you can be sitting at a solid 200-205lbs 12%Bf .. which would be very impressive at your height.

Thanks mate, appreciate the compliment. 205lbs and 12% is precisely my current goal. I'd also be happy with 210lbs and 15%.

Also, I thought more about your question on why it's taken me so long to start looking seriously into gear. I think the reason is for many years I bought into the LIE that is told by professional bodybuilders and most of the big guys that you meet in the gym... that they are "all natural" and "it's all about your diet". Even my last trainer who I knew for several months claimed to be all natural (no way in hell, this guy was HUGE).

Finally one day it hit me, I remember when it happened. I was in the bookstore looking at bodybuilding mags and had picked up a few specifically about "natural bodybuilding". In the mags they had plenty of pics of world-class all-natural bodybuilders. Those guys are tiny. I mean, defined, yes, but they border on skinny... their builds remind me more of a sprinter and less of a bodybuilder. There's no way that any of those guys could compete in a non-tested bodybuilding event. And I was like, okay, if these guys are the best in the WORLD and that's the biggest they can get, then there's no way that those monsters in the "regular" bodybuilding mags are natural. So that's when I realized that basically every seriously big guy I ever met was using or had used gear.

Of course, I'm interested in being a big, thick, mean dude, so after reaching for my natural limit I ended up here.

-Shroud

Thread Information