Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sneak Peak!

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Beast! Huge AND cut... the holy grail!

But to be honest... I couldn't make it past "been bodybuilding since January 2008" .... I read it 5 times. What were you doing before then? Had you never worked out? How old are you now? I'm going to assume you 'worked out' prior, and literally mean you started 'bodybuilding' in Jan 08... is this accurate? I'm just trying to figure out how a person achieves a physique like yours in little over 3 years... i've been working out (I literally mean working out with weights AT ALL) for a little under 3 years... and you look the way you do, and I look like me... no doubt great genetics and a bit of gear played a role, but that's not to take away from all your hard work. You clearly have the dedication and discipline I lack.

Anyway, i'm through rambling... you're an inspiration to people like me Reed, thank you bro and I can't wait to see pics from your show!!!

You've been working out (

fif
    fif is offline Junior Member
    Smithtown Gold's?

Reed is offline AR's Pitbull ~Vet~
    I'll be keeping more of a low profile these days so you probably won't be seeing any contest pics or that many overall.

I'm 6 foot so not a short bodybuilder. Weight is irrelevant. Just cause your "x" amount of lbs doesn't mean THAT much in bodybuilding.

I have been an active athlete all my life. Play basketball for school, won awards in that, competitive rock climbed and won comps in that, etc etc. Would train in my parents garage doing push ups, run etc. Trained at an old persons gym for a bit but yes I did start bodybuilding in 2008.

In 2007 I got my first gym membership and I remember getting stuck on 135 on incline and having someone come lift it off me. I was suggested by a pro bodybuilder to do competition, saying I had the genetics to do well.

I don't what to say about my gains. They are what they are through consistent hard work. You say I must have dedication that you lack and well then that may explain how I did it so quickly. I hit my meals religiously, he'll I'll even wake up in the middle of the night sometimes just to eat.

When it's go time I train groups twice a week, in the gym 6x a week sometimes twice a day. I do follow the reload/reload pattern and typically I know what I'll be doing, how I'll be eating all throughout the year.

Another big thing I've begun to notice is the adjustments in my training over these years. I don't train to move "x" amount of weight. I want to use what ever amount is necessary to have my muscle fail while emphasizing full contraction, squeezing etc. Pressing movements on chest and legs I'll only go back up ab 60% of the way and keep constant tension vs. The typical pause in order to get more reps.

Genetics is also very important and this sport is dominated by who your parents were. Just like the NBA, strong man, hell even those that study high levels of mathematics that's just their ability and what they are born to do. I'll never be a lebron, usain bolt cause I'm not built like that. It sucks to hear but it's true. Just got out work the others or do the best you can do and if you fall short accept that.
    Last edited by Reed; 05-24-2011 at 12:38 PM.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Thanks for all the insight bro. I'm absolutely blown away that you achieved this physique in such a relatively short time. With you getting stuck at 135 on incline, I don't imagine you had much of a physique when you started, at least as far as bodybuilding standards are concerned. Amazing work bro, just sick! I'm a year behind you, and if I look even half as good as you by then, i'd piss myself. Respect!!

mperk is offline Member
    nice work bro and great attitude. nice to read up on someone who puts his long term health first! props

Standby is offline ~AR's Nice Guy
    results? or is it this weekend? either way i want an update!

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Reed View Post
    I'll be keeping more of a low profile these days so you probably won't be seeing any contest pics or that many overall.

I'm 6 foot so not a short bodybuilder. Weight is irrelevant. Just cause your "x" amount of lbs doesn't mean THAT much in bodybuilding.

I have been an active athlete all my life. Play basketball for school, won awards in that, competitive rock climbed and won comps in that, etc etc. Would train in my parents garage doing push ups, run etc. Trained at an old persons gym for a bit but yes I did start bodybuilding in 2008.

In 2007 I got my first gym membership and I remember getting stuck on 135 on incline and having someone come lift it off me. I was suggested by a pro bodybuilder to do competition, saying I had the genetics to do well.

I don't what to say about my gains. They are what they are through consistent hard work. You say I must have dedication that you lack and well then that may explain how I did it so quickly. I hit my meals religiously, he'll I'll even wake up in the middle of the night sometimes just to eat.

When it's go time I train groups twice a week, in the gym 6x a week sometimes twice a day. I do follow the reload/reload pattern and typically I know what I'll be doing, how I'll be eating all throughout the year.

Another big thing I've begun to notice is the adjustments in my training over these years. I don't train to move "x" amount of weight. I want to use what ever amount is necessary to have my muscle fail while emphasizing full contraction, squeezing etc. Pressing movements on chest and legs I'll only go back up ab 60% of the way and keep constant tension vs. The typical pause in order to get more reps.

Genetics is also very important and this sport is dominated by who your parents were. Just like the NBA, strong man, hell even those that study high levels of mathematics that's just their ability and what they are born to do. I'll never be a lebron, usain bolt cause I'm not built like that. It sucks to hear but it's true. Just got out work the others or do the best you can do and if you fall short accept that.
    ^^^^ YES! I've started doing this as well..... and my chest started growing a lot more. I don't worry about what weight I put up...... I try to feel the muscle work to failure. Whether it be with 95lb dumbells, 125lbs, or anything inbetween. We ahve strong days and weak days..... but as long as that muscle is being worked properly..... it's going to grow IMO.

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    WOW very lean Bro, great work...i got to get my ass in gear...damn!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information