Thread: women's advice

kashill is offline New Member

Question women's advice

I am not sure what to use for rebuilding atrophied muscle, I have heard good things about anavar for women, but all my advice so far has come from men. I would like a womens opinion on the subject. Anyone that has an opinion, please let me know. I have been doing the diet and exercise along with over-the-counter products for over a year and I am still struggling to get the muscle back.

Strategus is offline Female Member

Smile

What is your age?

Height/measurements (or just height/waist circumference/age)?

What was the cause of the muscle atrophy?

-dieting w/o exercising
    -aging and the changes/declines in hormones that happen in the 40s and 50s
    -illness
    -extended years of sedentary lifestyle
    -other

Are you a former bodybuilder/weight trainer who has laid off for several years?

Or ????

Just from the post regarding muscle atrophy I'm gonna guess you are in your 40s or 50s but I could be really wrong LOL.

More info would be really helpful to help answer the question, including your history or experience with lifting/working out and so on. Also, what supp's have you tried so far?

Best wishes and welcome! I'm pretty new here so dont be shy!
    Last edited by Strategus; 08-02-2008 at 07:35 PM.

Question advice

I have had two knee surgeries. One in 2003 and one in the summer of 2007. The muscles in my leg never had the chance to recover from the first surgery due to having a bad surgery. After the second one, I have been doing more exercising, but I'm not getting anywhere. I have been watching my calorie intake and balancing carbs with proteins. I have used some over-the-counter products such as endothil-cr, which did nothing.
    Height: 5'6"
    weight: 130
    Never been a bodybuilder, but never had any issues until after my surgeries. The muscles have been atrophied for such a long time, but I need that muscle back in order to heal properly.
    If anyone can help, it would be much appreciated.
    Sorry for the lack of info on the first post!!

Strategus is offline Female Member

Smile

Hi Kashill -

Thanks for sharing! You've been through a lot already!

I know a couple folks who have had knee surgeries, but both are very much overweight and older (one 42 y.o. and one ~62 y.o.), which is definitely not your situation.

I applaud your discipline with doing exercise and eating properly.

Do you have available the benefits of any sort of structured rehab program for the knees...or are you on your own? Some folks have very good comprehensive health coverage that includes physical therapy and the like...others have minimal access to resources through "the system."

Also, by any chance, do you have any history of (fairly severe) bone density problems, that might have led to the knee surgeries at your young age? This is one of the indications for an actual 'script of anavar (if one has a nice Dr., or access to medical help outside the U.S.).

You're quite young, which is great!!!! I'm in my early 40's and I wish I had worked out more during my early 30's. It's been catchup time for me, but I'm grateful that I started when I did a few years ago, first with distance walking and then with weights.

If you have access to a physical therapy program or to a wide variety of doctors, definitely pursue those avenues for help in rebuilding the muscle and bones. Lots of people drop out of physical therapy for the same reason that folks stop working out after a few months - it's work. Make sure you avail yourself of all the benefits that are available to you through insurance or whatever.

Things on your own - do you keep a workout journal? That is a good way to monitor progress. Especially if you live in the northern U.S. or Canada, it's important to get sunshine at this time of year before the short fall days set in. Vit D helps with absorption of calcium into the bones.

Keep reading - the learning curve regarding AAS is a little steep. It just takes patience to learn and reach one's full natural potential. I'm doing everything natural until I think I'm ready...

Best wishes and please keep posting! You are doing the right thing with exercising to rehab the knees and muscles.

welcome

Thank you for your advice, it is greatly appreciated!!!

Thread Information