qkcam is offline Female Member
    Blog Entries

I am trying to come back to get on track after having healh issues and discovery

of food allergies to dairy and eggs.. I need to get support and alternative ideas so i can keep eating enough to build lean muscle mass.. I forgot how all this forum stuff works... whey protein and eggs had been a big part of my meal plan-- now doing pea protein and pretty much off eggs.. but switched to nuts and nut butters..and gained 5 lbs! hope all is well..

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Good luck. Hit up the nutritional sub-forum and Im sure the ladies can help you in your section.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

stpete is offline Banned
    Welcome

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Welcome.

AClockWorkOrange is offline New Member
    Welcome!

Bonedriven is offline Associate Member
    Welcome to the Land of Knowledge..

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    welcome back

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Fish Chicken and Lean beef are all good sources of protein, very rarely eat eggs and only use whey PWO due to its conveinence.

PS nuts and nut butters are generally used as sources of clean fats, not as primary protein sources.

Are you a vegatarian?

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100
    hay there welcome home!

Welcome!

Blog Entries
    I got lost.. not vegetarian...just have alot of health (immune issues) can't really do cardio without getting sick.. I seem to be doing ok with the weight training aspect ..but keeping it to 20 to 30 mins.. and walking.. thanks for the support.. i have been loggin my calories on calorie count for free.. and trying to keep it arnd 1200 to 1500 maybe that isn't enough? I need to be a bit more patient with this process considering my limitations.. and i am willing to be patient...thanks

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Wishing you all the best in your comeback. We got some really sharp people here as far as diet ( I am not one of them ) if you post your activities and diet in the nutrition forum, I am sure you can find help in establishing your TDEE vs current macros.

ironbeck is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Good luck.

Blog Entries
    thanks for the support and the idea.. i will go over to the nutrition form.

mi-chan is offline Female Member
    Hi gkcam,

I have occasionally experimented with a vegan protein powder (it's a combo powder of a bunch of vegan proteins). The kind I use is called Garden of Life Raw Protein.. I don't really care that it is raw, but it has a good protein profile for a vegan choice.. and it's not full of soy. I'm not big on soy protein powders. I don't mind the taste of the veg powder, some hate it - it is a big adjustment from whey. And it's unsweetened (no artificial ones either), so it's a real shock to some folks. It's grainier/mealier than a typical whey - but again, has a good profile for a vegan powder. The reason I experiment with it from time to time, is the absence of artificial sweeteners. Unsweetened whey is just about the grossest stuff on earth.

As someone else pointed out - you could get enough protein from fish/seafood/poultry, quite easily. Not to mention, eating real protein sources like these, will keep you satiated and feeling satisfied versus drinking your protein/calories.

Also, 1200 is too low. You will slow your metabolism, your body will burn less efficiently, as it thinks you're entering a 'famine' phase. So, please up your calorie intake. Depending on your size and activity level, 1500 is about as low as you should go (again, that depends on your stats). Some folks have a lot of luck calorie cycling (or caloric cycling) - a low calorie day, then a moderate day.. etc, etc.. If you are going to dip as low as 1200, I'd say you should implement some time of calorie cycling. There are several articles on this method out in the web-o-net, so do a google search if you're interested.

When I'm training very hard, I also supplement with a green powder (Green Magma is my favorite). Regular vitamins tend to make my stomach ill, so I opt for the veggie powders, just to give me a little health boost. You may want to consider this as well.

Nuts/nut butters are extraordinarily calorie dense - and altho healthy alternatives.. when I'm counting calories, I tend to go rather spare on them. A little peanut butter on an apple does go a long way

Good luck on your fitness/health endeavors - I believe exercise and good nutrition is just about the best medicine anyone can treat themselves with. So kudos to you for getting back in the game. --m.

Blog Entries
    thanks for the reply and kind thoughts and support.. i am going to log my food again done it a couple days over in the nutrition forum. I have been using Nutrasumma Pea protein.. which i like very well..and sometimes i blend it with rice protein.. I do also have an egg allergy.. i was eating alot of egg whites.. becasue it is a "latent" allergy I can have them occasionally.. i do miss them.
    i have been taking a green suppliment .... Paradise Orac-energy greens.. i like it alot.. and then tried.. nutra form CytoGreens.. wowo- it has alot of matcha and ginseng.. it was a bit too energizing for me....
    i am contemplating trying Shakeology in Vegan form for one month..i hear it is excellent although trying to keep costs down.. i am hoping it can help boost my immune system without overstimulation.
    as far as calorie.. i notice on that site that when i exercise it makes room for more than 1200 calories.. and i have been averaing 1500 to 1700 cals.. a day.. i will check out the garden of life protein and the greens you mentioned.! thanks.. .. i am 5;5" 185ish.. i do have alot of muscle mass...pretty big legs and arms.. but also a layer of dough over it all .. i am hoping to shed that layer of dough and be more muscle...although it is tough without being able to do alot of cardio. thanks for your ideas!

mcfrankie is offline New Member
    Welcome back, I'm new on here and the people seem to be really cool and ALWAYS looking to help it's a GREAT feeling....GRIP & RIP!!!

Thread Information