Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Soda

MiNNiE_MOUSE is offline Female Member

Soda

I absolutely LOVE Pepsi but I drink way to much and with tryN to eat healthier starting this new year I am tryN to cut the Pepsi.... Is there a soda I can drink still that isn't all that bad? Like diet dr pepper or zero coke? Any suggestions?? I've tried to cut soda completely n cnt seem to be successful so I figured if I tried to do a different soda it might be easier...?

valkyrie is offline Female Member
    are you telling me you drink REGULAR SODA?! I'm flabbergasted. I mean my mom had us on the diet tab when I was in high school. Listen, this is GREAT NEWS do you know how many calories you will cut just by switching to diet soda? OMG You will probably lose five pounds just from that easy switch! Wow.

Any diet soda seriously whichever one you like the taste and has zero calories. Is diet soda the healthiest beverage in the world? No but it beats the HELL out of NOT diet woda.

Quote Originally Posted by valkyrie
    are you telling me you drink REGULAR SODA?! I'm flabbergasted. I mean my mom had us on the diet tab when I was in high school. Listen, this is GREAT NEWS do you know how many calories you will cut just by switching to diet soda? OMG You will probably lose five pounds just from that easy switch! Wow.

Any diet soda seriously whichever one you like the taste and has zero calories. Is diet soda the healthiest beverage in the world? No but it beats the HELL out of NOT diet woda.
    Why are u beiN rude? I was just askN a question!! Isn't that the purpose of the forum is to ask questions n get answers?? And to get some type of help?? If I wanted sarcasm I would've posted something different!!

Quote Originally Posted by MiNNiE_MOUSE View Post
    Why are u beiN rude? I was just askN a question!! Isn't that the purpose of the forum is to ask questions n get answers?? And to get some type of help?? If I wanted sarcasm I would've posted something different!!
    Oh sweetie sorry misread on the tone completely. There is no tone in typing. My best advice is to always assume the best not the worst. Didn't I answer your question? ANY diet soda is so much better than regular soda and you are so lucky you will drop some weight just by making this easy change.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    So happy to see the support amongst the gals!!! Glad u r both here!!!!

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    Minnie...the sugar and calories in standard soda is crazy. As said you will see noticeable difference just switching to diet...however, unfortunatly the sweetener in diet soda is noted for causing higher cortizol levels resulting in buildup of belly fat.

Perhaps take this NY and try no soda at all for a few mmonths. See what a difference it can make. I like a bit of caffiene so some unsweetened tea is a good option for me since I cant stand coffee! best of luck...happy NY!

Oh sweetie sorry misread on the tone completely. There is no tone in typing. My best advice is to always assume the best not the worst. Didn't I answer your question? ANY diet soda is so much better than regular soda and you are so lucky you will drop some weight just by making this easy change.
    Oh ok... Yeah I thought u were beiN rude... My mistake sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1
    Minnie...the sugar and calories in standard soda is crazy. As said you will see noticeable difference just switching to diet...however, unfortunatly the sweetener in diet soda is noted for causing higher cortizol levels resulting in buildup of belly fat.

Perhaps take this NY and try no soda at all for a few mmonths. See what a difference it can make. I like a bit of caffiene so some unsweetened tea is a good option for me since I cant stand coffee! best of luck...happy NY!
    Thanks! I've been told no soda period is better than diet but just for mentality wise to start just goiN from regular soda to diet is a major step for me but know I have to for a good start thanks for advice

PistolPete33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I hear ya.... My only real vice in life is Pepsi. It's so frigen hard to quit drinking it. I'm in the same boat but what I do is cut it in half for a week and the 2nd week just stop it all together. I find I only go back to the Soda when I'm stressed out so keeping my stress levels lower will help I'm sure. Diet soda tastes like ass so you're better off switching to water or maybe even flavored water first and then regular water after?

Quote Originally Posted by PistolPete33
    I hear ya.... My only real vice in life is Pepsi. It's so frigen hard to quit drinking it. I'm in the same boat but what I do is cut it in half for a week and the 2nd week just stop it all together. I find I only go back to the Soda when I'm stressed out so keeping my stress levels lower will help I'm sure. Diet soda tastes like ass so you're better off switching to water or maybe even flavored water first and then regular water after?
    I dnt mind diet dr pepper takes better than regular dr pepper to me... But by far PEPSI is the BEST LoL I've tried to quit cold turkey n couldn't do it :-/ so I am gna try n just do diet or flavored water... I drink a lot of Pepsi so if I switch to diet that's a BIG step already LoL

brazey is offline Steroid.com's Official Greeter
    Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by brazey
    Welcome
    Thanks

mojo999 is offline Associate Member
    welcome minnie Hmmm... I thought alcohol was much harder to abstain from... lol...

Quote Originally Posted by mojo999
    welcome minnie Hmmm... I thought alcohol was much harder to abstain from... lol...
    LoL soda is my alcohol... They should have a soda anonymous class hahaha

Yeah no soda is the healthiest but come on I mean yeah, life is better with diet soda it fits my macros and the chances of me quitting it are slin to none.

Yeah no soda is the healthiest but come on I mean yeah, life is better with diet soda it fits my macros and the chances of me quitting it are slin to none.
    LoL I will eventually try n stop diet soda also but I know it'll be hard, especially wrkN graveyard and eatN late at night etc so I'm sure that's gna be a challenge for me :-/ setting up a meal plan n the best time to eat certain foods... I know when the time is right there is a ton of help here

Alinjr is offline Senior Member
    Welcome and good luck with stopping thw Soda.

Aziz is offline Associate Member
    I absolutely LOVE Pepsi but I drink way to much and with tryN to eat healthier starting this new year I am tryN to cut the Pepsi.... Is there a soda I can drink still that isn't all that bad? Like diet dr pepper or zero coke? Any suggestions?? I've tried to cut soda completely n cnt seem to be successful so I figured if I tried to do a different soda it might be easier...?
    I love Pepsi/coke to befour I started training I never used to drink water I Used to drink
    4-6 cans a day of Soda but then I learned to disregard it and sometimes
    I drink it on cheat days I suggest you do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Aziz

I love Pepsi/coke to befour I started training I never used to drink water I Used to drink
    4-6 cans a day of Soda but then I learned to disregard it and sometimes
    I drink it on cheat days I suggest you do the same.
    That dnt sound bad thanks! Cheat days is my Pepsi day LoL

Aziz is offline Associate Member
    That dnt sound bad thanks! Cheat days is my Pepsi day LoL
    Cheat day is our Pepsi day hahaha.

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Welcome.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Welcome.

555mjolnir is offline Associate Member
    Welcome. I used to drink way to much soda/pop but I bought a case like 3.5 months ago and most of it is still there, they are right the calories are ridiculous and the inslin spike is crazy too read up about inslin spikes and fat storage that might help you get off the "juice" ,lol. This is just a suggestion what about club soda/ seltzer and lime or lemon peel? Coffee is my vice now (mmmm coffee I might even make some right now!), but I am getting a little freaked out cuz I like to use sweetener since dialing my sugar way down and these really are no better. I started to limit mysel to 1 can a day then one can every 2 or 3 days then going to one can a week was a snap but I don't even remember to drink my one can a week anymore unless I am really needing a shot instant energy (legs day sometimes). Anyway GOOD LUCK.

JayIsPumped is offline Associate Member
    quit drinking soda for some time now and I can say that it doesn't even taste good after uve quit drinking it for awhile :P goodluck

Quote Originally Posted by 555mjolnir
    Welcome. I used to drink way to much soda/pop but I bought a case like 3.5 months ago and most of it is still there, they are right the calories are ridiculous and the inslin spike is crazy too read up about inslin spikes and fat storage that might help you get off the "juice" ,lol. This is just a suggestion what about club soda/ seltzer and lime or lemon peel? Coffee is my vice now (mmmm coffee I might even make some right now!), but I am getting a little freaked out cuz I like to use sweetener since dialing my sugar way down and these really are no better. I started to limit mysel to 1 can a day then one can every 2 or 3 days then going to one can a week was a snap but I don't even remember to drink my one can a week anymore unless I am really needing a shot instant energy (legs day sometimes). Anyway GOOD LUCK.
    Thanks, and I love Starbucks coffee mocha frappaccino with mocha drizzle on top so good! But I've switched to diet dr pepper, which is a huge step for me... Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JayIsPumped
    quit drinking soda for some time now and I can say that it doesn't even taste good after uve quit drinking it for awhile :P goodluck
    Thanks that's what I've been hearing that once u stop u dnt miss it... Hopefully I become that way

Trific is offline Member
    Soda, I've been a pepsiholic as well, I'm getting along pretty well with a diet pop called "refreshe" that I get from my local Safeway store....many different flavors to choose from and I of course am working at drinking more water.

Quote Originally Posted by Trific
    Soda, I've been a pepsiholic as well, I'm getting along pretty well with a diet pop called "refreshe" that I get from my local Safeway store....many different flavors to choose from and I of course am working at drinking more water.
    Good to knw I'm not the only one good luck!

Bmwgirl11 is offline Female Member
    Try making a deal with yourself. For every DIET soda you drink, you have to follow it with at least 8oz of water. Making my coca cola addicted hubby do the same lol

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I think Diet soda is fine so long as you're not pounding them down all day. I enjoy the occasional one when water is just to boring.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    I used to be a big soda junkie too (coke)... after getting myself into shape (by dropping soda among many other changes), I now PREFER diet soda to regular. Regular soda is just too damn sweet. Coke Zero FTMFW!! Having said that, I limit it to a can a day. There are a lot of studies that suggest artificial sweeteners should be avoided. I don't know how conclusive they are at this point, but I like to err on the side of caution.

Having said all that, your question was answered perfectly in post 2 by Valkyrie. As stated, cutting soda out, considering how much you say you drink, should have a profound effect on your overall caloric intake. I'd expect to see weight lost just from that alone.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75
    I used to be a big soda junkie too (coke)... after getting myself into shape (by dropping soda among many other changes), I now PREFER diet soda to regular. Regular soda is just too damn sweet. Coke Zero FTMFW!! Having said that, I limit it to a can a day. There are a lot of studies that suggest artificial sweeteners should be avoided. I don't know how conclusive they are at this point, but I like to err on the side of caution.

Having said all that, your question was answered perfectly in post 2 by Valkyrie. As stated, cutting soda out, considering how much you say you drink, should have a profound effect on your overall caloric intake. I'd expect to see weight lost just from that alone.
    I've never tried coke zero... I've cut the reg soda significantly but I do prefer diet dr pepper now... I've been tryN to take more water in also... I'm doin about 1 bottle a day which I know is nothing I need more but I'm tryN! LoL I am hoping to cut soda all together cause I know that's a major factor! Thanks for all help everyone!

Tron3219 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MiNNiE_MOUSE

I've never tried coke zero... I've cut the reg soda significantly but I do prefer diet dr pepper now... I've been tryN to take more water in also... I'm doin about 1 bottle a day which I know is nothing I need more but I'm tryN! LoL I am hoping to cut soda all together cause I know that's a major factor! Thanks for all help everyone!
    Coke zero is the shit! That's my go to choice when I get a hankerin fer a fizzy pop

-TroN-

Tron3219 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    And they only have like 55mg sodium

-TroN-

Quote Originally Posted by Tron3219
    And they only have like 55mg sodium

-TroN-
    Hm, sounds like I'm gna have to try it... I'm not sure how much the diet dr pepper has but 55mg dnt sound like a lot... Although it probably is LoL I will have to try it...

fit2bOld is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    The artificial sweeteners in diet soda is the worst do not drink it!!!! Try canada dry seltzer no calories no sugar and all the bubbles..

Welcome.

Goggle this " Sweet Misery" a documentary about diet coke and the sweetener aspartame.......

Quote Originally Posted by fit2bOld
    The artificial sweeteners in diet soda is the worst do not drink it!!!! Try canada dry seltzer no calories no sugar and all the bubbles..

Welcome.

Goggle this " Sweet Misery" a documentary about diet coke and the sweetener aspartame.......
    Ok I will... And I dnt like diet coke... :-/ I like diet dr pepper LoL but I will check it out thanks!

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    I like crystal light or generic/target brand

Quote Originally Posted by zaggahamma
    I like crystal light or generic/target brand
    I like crystal lite also but I will probably drink just that and BO water straight if I switch... :-/ but I will switch it up

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    k I will... And I dnt like diet coke... :-/
    Coke Zero is not the same. I can`t live without it sometimes like when I`m watching hockey i with the guys. If I didn`t have one of those in my hands I'd likely give in tot he urge to have a couple real cold ones.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information