Lifted&Gifted is offline Female Member

Hello! New lady-member here

Hi everybody! Just wanted to drop a quick note to say hi. I'm new to the forum but not new to fitness and lifting. I've always been more active than average, but stuck primarily to cardio. The past 3 years or so I have started lifting exclusively. A year ago I tried my first var cycle, ugl 10mg tabs for 6 weeks. Nice clean moderate gains in fullness and strength with minimal sides.

I recently completed a 12 week var cycle with 15mg tabs from a different ugl (tapered up then back down from 7.5mg) with results about as I expected based on my first cycle. Slightly larger increase in mass, solid vascularity and overall a very 'hard' physique. Most importantly (to me) were steady, sold strength gains. Sides were more of an issue this second cycle - increased acne/oily skin and hair, for the first time in my life I had to wax my 'stache (at least it was still fuzzy blonde hair...but still), and early in the cycle I did have headaches and a sore throat, which happened the first time too.

My current stats are:
    31 years old
    5'6", 135, currently around 16% bf
    Weight train 5-6 days/week for hypertrophy and strength gains (I'm naturally lean. Classic 'hard-gainer')
    Current lifts:
    Bench - 125 max (100# working sets)
    Squat - 200 max (145# working sets)
    Deadlift - 245 max (set weights vary)
    I do other compound work like pull ups, dips (unassisted, small sets to failure) and your usual isolation work as well.

My plan is to try a 6wk run of winstrol at 10mg per day to compare with my experience using var. Hope to begin that sometime in December. Then maybe try a stack of the two next summer.

Glad to be here!

Strongblood is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lifted&Gifted
    Hi everybody! Just wanted to drop a quick note to say hi. I'm new to the forum but not new to fitness and lifting. I've always been more active than average, but stuck primarily to cardio. The past 3 years or so I have started lifting exclusively. A year ago I tried my first var cycle, ugl 10mg tabs for 6 weeks. Nice clean moderate gains in fullness and strength with minimal sides. I recently completed a 12 week var cycle with 15mg tabs from a different ugl (tapered up then back down from 7.5mg) with results about as I expected based on my first cycle. Slightly larger increase in mass, solid vascularity and overall a very 'hard' physique. Most importantly (to me) were steady, sold strength gains. Sides were more of an issue this second cycle - increased acne/oily skin and hair, for the first time in my life I had to wax my 'stache (at least it was still fuzzy blonde hair...but still), and early in the cycle I did have headaches and a sore throat, which happened the first time too. My current stats are: 31 years old 5'6", 135, currently around 16% bf Weight train 5-6 days/week for hypertrophy and strength gains (I'm naturally lean. Classic 'hard-gainer') Current lifts: Bench - 125 max (100# working sets) Squat - 200 max (145# working sets) Deadlift - 245 max (set weights vary) I do other compound work like pull ups, dips (unassisted, small sets to failure) and your usual isolation work as well. My plan is to try a 6wk run of winstrol at 10mg per day to compare with my experience using var. Hope to begin that sometime in December. Then maybe try a stack of the two next summer. Glad to be here!
    Welcome to the forum!

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Welcome to the forum

TheTaxMan is offline 100% BRITISH BEEF
    Welcome to the forum!

Oki-Des is offline Anabolic Member
    Welcome to the forum. You should also know that var is often faked for a less expensive steroid ; that women should avoid more than var. There is a test online for about $20 that will let you test your var at home to see if it is real. Since you saw some more masculine sides on your second round, there is a good chance it was not var.
    Again, welcome to the forum.

GirlyGymRat is online now Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Lifted&Gifted
    Hi everybody! Just wanted to drop a quick note to say hi. I'm new to the forum but not new to fitness and lifting. I've always been more active than average, but stuck primarily to cardio. The past 3 years or so I have started lifting exclusively. A year ago I tried my first var cycle, ugl 10mg tabs for 6 weeks. Nice clean moderate gains in fullness and strength with minimal sides. I recently completed a 12 week var cycle with 15mg tabs from a different ugl (tapered up then back down from 7.5mg) with results about as I expected based on my first cycle. Slightly larger increase in mass, solid vascularity and overall a very 'hard' physique. Most importantly (to me) were steady, sold strength gains. Sides were more of an issue this second cycle - increased acne/oily skin and hair, for the first time in my life I had to wax my 'stache (at least it was still fuzzy blonde hair...but still), and early in the cycle I did have headaches and a sore throat, which happened the first time too. My current stats are: 31 years old 5'6", 135, currently around 16% bf Weight train 5-6 days/week for hypertrophy and strength gains (I'm naturally lean. Classic 'hard-gainer') Current lifts: Bench - 125 max (100# working sets) Squat - 200 max (145# working sets) Deadlift - 245 max (set weights vary) I do other compound work like pull ups, dips (unassisted, small sets to failure) and your usual isolation work as well. My plan is to try a 6wk run of winstrol at 10mg per day to compare with my experience using var. Hope to begin that sometime in December. Then maybe try a stack of the two next summer. Glad to be here!
    welcome! Would love to have you post up your cycle thread under member experience!!!
    There's a female only forum. Use the link in sticky area of this subforum to request pink access!

Thanks everybody! I have requested female forum access.

I sort of chalked up the increased sides on my second cycle to the fact I increased the amount I took by 50% as well as doubled the length on cycle. The sides weren't severe, or noticeable to others, but definitely there. I am, however, looking into ordering a few of the test kits to keep on hand for future purchases.

Thanks again for the welcome and feedback!

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Welcome aboard!

Good idea on the labmax test kits!

jaysath is offline Junior Member
    I wouldn't recommend a stack for women, I don't think it's necessary and it increases risk of sides. Also be careful with winstrol , a lot of people claim it to be safe for girls because of the low androgenic profile however many women convert stanozolol differently and virilization is much more common compared to anavar . If you're making slow steady gains then don't change anything. You put on dense quality muscle that way. If anything up the anavar by 50% split into two doses stop if you see an increase of sides

Thank you for the post! I think if I do end up giving Winny a go, I'll start at 5mg split am/pm for 6 wks or until any sides rear up. More likely however, stick with var (using labmax on the tabs) using a protocol like you mentioned above.

The gains really are what I would call 'dense'. Hard definition, fullness and strength more so than major size. I have gained size, don't get me wrong, but the other attributes far outrank it as far as benefit.

jaysath is offline Junior Member
    Awesome! Sounds like a good plan. I wish you the best of gains

Thread Information