Thread: Witty title

wladziu is offline New Member

Witty title

Hi,

I'm new, which is pretty apparent. Typical 5'8" 130 guy, tired of being a stick figure.
    However, I have a twist: I'm going to medical school, soon.

I tried getting into shape a year or two ago. Got my diet in order, went by a lifting program (can't remember the title - something involving a gallon of milk a day). I gained about 10 ~ 15 lbs before hitting a plateau. But, I couldn't keep the diet together - too many classes, not enough time. Plus, the drive I put toward getting into shape sent my grades into the toilet. Once the initial gains stopped coming ... back to the books I went.

So, I'm here for help.
    Fuss at me if you want, but I'll probably ignore you. I already hear enough daily garbage as it is.

Yes, these are excuses. Yes, you're probably way more awesome than I am, finding ways to add extra hours to the day, etc, etc.
    Currently, my diet is sh!t. My motivation is sh!t. Professors are running my life for me, and my wife is forcing herself to feel attracted to me. Blah blah blah, other junk you don't wanna hear.
    10 years with this woman, and I caught her being chatted up by a >6 ft rugby monster this summer. Great.

I need help in learning how to integrate taking care of my body into my life.
    I'm used to sacrificing it for the sake of... everything else.
    So, how do I get better?
    How do you afford all the food? How do you find time for it, without it taking over everything else?
    When you're little - everyone assumes you'll bypass lunch to take care of THEIR needs. And my med school applications aren't exactly supportive of the lifestyle, either.

Well, you get the point, I guess.
    Let the hatred begin.

stevey_6t9 is offline RIP Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian - Veni Vidi Vici
    sorry to say,

but that rugby player was me.

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Welcome to the boards. Check out the diet section. Has a lot of good info in there.

Thread Information