Thread: Making a Change

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    grappler11 is offline New Member

Making a Change

Hey guys, 1 week ago I decided to dedicate myself to improving my mind and body to a better place. I am 28 years old, 6 ft tall and 198 pounds, I do not know my BF%. 1 week ago I was 206 pounds.

For the past 5 years I have been traveling for my work and sustaining my body with motels, fast food, pizza, chinese buffet ect...I couldn't even guess how many calories I was consuming each day. Enough is enough!

Some training history: I have been training BJJ for 1 year and would like to compete, but my lifestyle has set my physical condition far behind my technique. I was a good (not great) high school football player, where weightlifting was a requirement. The only supplements that I have ever taken are protein , creatine , and Androstenedion (yes this was the mark mcqwire era)

My first goal is to lose this extra weight that is holding me down. I am eating 1600 calories or less each day , mainly turkey burgers on whole wheat bread and egg whites, and roast beef sandwiches on whole wheat. For exercise I am running, grappling, and doing aerobics with my wife(lame I know) At the end of week 1 I have lost 8 pounds. By the spring my goal is to be between 170 and 180 pounds.

Phase 2 of my goal will begin when I am happy with my weight loss , and feel like I have put all of my bad habits behind me, hopefully sometime in march or april. This is when I plan to start gaining strength by weight training and going into more of a routine similar to what you guys are on.

Phase 3 will begin after I feel like I have completely dedicated myself to phase 2. This is when I will consider beginning a cycle. I know that this will be with less time training under my belt than anyone here will recommend,

But I am making up for lost time , and to be honest I would like a shortcut to my ultimate goal , which is to be an awesome grappler, to look and feel awesome.

I know that this is a long first post, I just wanted to let you guys know where I am at , so that it will be easier to give advice , which is my reason for being here.
    Last edited by grappler11; 01-16-2011 at 11:52 AM. Reason: typo

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Welcome.

bodybuilder is offline Senior Member
    Welcome.

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Welcome.

Please take the time to read the board rules..

Please give all stats when asking quetions in the questions and answer forum.

Stats consist of:

Weight
    Bf%
    Cycle history
    Years training

Also please take the time to read all the educational threads in the q&a forum as most questions can be answered with alittle reading...

Matt...
    Do not ask me for a source check.

T_Dubp is offline Junior Member
    Welcome, head over to the diet forum, lots of people there help if you want to put in the effort

coonhunter is offline Member
    Welcome and good luck man!

SlimJoe is offline Banned
    Welcome

layeazy is offline Banned
    hi there

Mr Elrac is offline Junior Member
    Welcome aboard!

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Welcome!

Thread Information