Thread: So im fat...

exmarine is offline New Member

So im fat...

So im fat....

Always have been.

Was a Marine. Took me a year an a half to get into the bare minimum fitness level just to begin basic. After 6 month of bootcamp lost 9 pounds as the rest of my platoon dwindled to nothing.

After bootcamp learn the basics of nutrition\exercise and started a regimented workout routine. Maintained the same weight and physique, just a slightly higher fitness level. Deployed to Iraq for the first time...
    After 8 months of daily combat patrols in fallujah on food rations, I managed to lose 3 pounds. The rest of the platoon comes home shredded.

Now that I’m home from iraq I need to lose weight immediately if I want to get promoted on time. I do extensive research on dieting an exercise. Got a lot of help from the great community at johnstonefitness.com. For 8 months, my entire diet was in excel. Broken down in 6 timed meal. All properly Macronutrient divided with the proper calorie Deficit for cutting at my size. Start cooking on a Jorge forman in my dorm room bathroom because the chow hall food is all fattend up, and the bread they used to make their sandwiches was to highly glycemic. A solid, workout and cardio routine. After 8 months I lost around 10 pounds and felt like I was in decent shape, probably the best shape of my life. Unfortunately, I still looked fat and was still overweight for promotion. So... I use duretics and my company gunny lies about my height so i get promoted.

I get promoted and am in charge of PTing the overweight Marines in my platoon. I keep with my diet but slack on the weights a bit. I was running the platoon and doing Calisthenics every morning. The result: The fattest laziest marines, the ones I’m in charge of PT, improve at much faster rate than me. Within a few months their outrunning me. They didn’t take any of my advice, their diet consisted of fast food and soda, and I know for a fact they weren’t doing any additional PT. Im obviously more then annoyed.

I depoy 2 more times, leave the Marine Corps and start college. I try an atkins similar approach to dieting and actually get pretty decent results. Lost 17 pounds in a month and a half at below 20gram of carbs per day. Got hydrostatically tested and of the 17 pounds about 10 was pure fat. Eventually became convinced the diet was unhealthy\unsustainable so I gave it up and went with a more conventional cutting routine. I eventually completely gave up after not seeing any results.

A year and a half passes... No gjm… bad diet... Feel completely out of shape....
    This is where i am right now. I have 2 years of college left at a major university and would really, for once, would like to see some success at my attempts at bodybuilding. I plan on getting back into my workout routine for the next couple months, as I learn how to safely incorporate a steroids . I was always under the impression they were extremely dangerous, but after some light research that doesn’t seem the be the case if their used carefully and intelligently. My goal is to see some major changes by summer of 2012, building a solid muscle base that I will naturally be able to maintain. As of now I would estimate my BF% at around 25-30%.

Well I just wanted to share my story and say hello. I’m sure this forum will prove to be invaluable if I end up going down this road. My main concerns involve steroid use at higher body fat %’s. Their doesn’t seem to be much information on this. Does a high bodyfat % make steroid risker because of increase in estrogen? Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

vishus is offline Knowledgeable Member
    welcome to the board and i must thank you for serving in our forces!

check out the diet section here and ask questions, you will get many repsonses and golden advice.

JasonCFT is offline New Member
    semper fi!

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Welcome. And YES to your last question re: BF and estrogen.

Please come on over to the Diet Question forum. We all end up there at some point it seems!

boz
    boz is offline R.I.P. T-Gunz Gone but, Never Forgotten.
    Welcome

Buddhabody is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Welcome.......thanks for serving and this is a great place for knowledge and motivation.

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Welcome.

coonhunter is offline Member
    Welcome!

SlimJoe is offline Banned
    Welcome

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    Welcome aboard. Post a thread in the diet section.

bjpennnn is offline American Psycho
    Welcome to the board bro and as many have already said hit up the diet section, good luck on your journey.

bodybuilder is offline Senior Member
    Welcome bro

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Welcome! You will love it here. The guys in the diet section will tune you up. Good luck!

BoredIRL is offline Associate Member
    Welcome

Ukcut is offline Banned
    Welcome

Juiceddownunder is offline Junior Member
    Hit the diet section bro, the guys there know their stuff! Welcome

Thread Information