• 1 Post By zempey

Thread: New Guy, Lets get right into then

DCBIII is offline New Member

New Guy, Lets get right into then

Hey dudes.
    I'm Don, and I love lifting.

A little about myself.
    -Been lifting for the past 4 years
    -Been lifting correctly for the past 2 (honesty is important!).
    -Started in high school throwing some iron around at about 135lbs soaking wet.
    -3 years or so later I'm sliding around the 157-162lb mark (5ft9in).
    -I'm a very lean dude, I've struggled with poor appetite my whole life.
    -I take Adderall for my add, which also nerfs my appetite.
    -Just transferred to a university from Community College and put on some actual weight as my appetite increased (About 5-8 pounds).
    -I've tried supps upon supps along the way. In my ignorance of how the body works I figured, like many young dudes, more supps=more gains.
    -Got educated.
    -Got a little more informed.

Now, I am 21 years old and looking to take the next step in my training.
    Please keep in mind I am a dedicated lifter. I care about my body. It's my "MAGNIFICENT OBSESSION", as the great CT would say. My diet is relatively simple, chicken/rice/broccoli 3-4 meals a day (working on that number, school gets in the way often).

I came here in search of advice on gearing up. I've given this much thought, and I want to become educated. I hope that some of you could point me in the right direction as I know little to nothing about the topic.

---Specific goals---
    I want to put on some size, but stay cut in the process. SHOCKER RIGHT!?!? I realize the 2 can be done but most go the bulking/cutting route. If I could put on 10-15 pounds of solid rock hard mass I would chose that path over trying to be a 200lb+ monster. I admire physique above size. My specific body weight goal is in the range of 170-180lbs while staying lean.

Not unattainable without gear, I am aware of this. But as many of you can relate, I would like to expedite the process.

Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated. Please remember, I know little to nothing about how the different types of gear work, so your patience is also appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

-Your fellow Iron Addict, Don.

zempey is offline Anabolic Member
    All that gear is going to do for you at this age is fuk you up. You can gain 10-15lbs in a year natty at your age no problem with proper diet and training.
    *mikro* likes this.

*mikro* is offline Junior Member
    ^^^ what he said.

derekkpapa1 is offline Anabolic Member
    Welcome

Motardpdx is offline Associate Member
    Welcome! More of this^^^ get your gains from your natural test and enjoy it! AAS: Things to consider before starting a first cycle (Great Read) Cheers!

Phoenix2015 is offline Associate Member
    welcome

DCBIII is offline New Member
    I appreciate the input guys. And I know I'll sound stubborn when I say I feel that gear is my best option at this point. I've been floating around the 160lb mark for just shy of a year and a half with little to no strength gains. I have a thinner frame and am by far the biggest person in my family. My genetics are keeping me at a standstill I feel and I'm really looking to push past the threshold I was born with.

So if anyone could please give me some advise on where to start short of the typical (Eat more and stay natty) I would be grateful.
    I've been told this is the place to get the only "No bullshit" advise so that's why I'm here.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Welcome to the forum. Have a read in the nutrition section great help/information there.

zempey is offline Anabolic Member
    It is not your genetics, it is your diet. Believe it or not, that is up to you, but at 160 you are nowhere near you genetic potential. If you think you are eating enough, add 10% more of each macro and see what happens over the course of a month, if no gain add another 10%. I don't mean processed shit either, whole real food, chicken breast, rice, potatoes, veggies. You will not get an aproval or advice for gear at your age on this board because that would not be good advice or responsible of us to do so. If you want to grow, you have to eat, and when you think you are eating enough, eat more.

brazey is offline Steroid.com's Official Greeter
    Welcome to the community!

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Welcome.

Thread Information