Old Duffer is offline Senior Member

I missed this place

Nice to see a few of you tough bastards still hanging in there!

almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Hey, man. Yes sir, the lifers are still here. This is my 20th year.
    Good to see you online!
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

They say, “You can never go back” … but I’m considering it anyway.

Life took me completely out of this world 3+ years ago and let me tell y’all, you lose that mass waaaaay faster than it took to build it!

One day maybe I’ll get into the details 👍

Even tho my odometer just rolled 62 years old, I do miss it. Many regrets. We shall see. Dropped 35 pounds so far, which needed to be done regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Duffer View Post
    They say, “You can never go back” … but I’m considering it anyway.

Life took me completely out of this world 3+ years ago and let me tell y’all, you lose that mass waaaaay faster than it took to build it!

One day maybe I’ll get into the details 👍

Even tho my odometer just rolled 62 years old, I do miss it. Many regrets. We shall see. Dropped 35 pounds so far, which needed to be done regardless.
    That's a a great start!!

FWIW, I'll be 60 in September and more medical crap than you can shake a stick at but I'm still going at it while on TRT. Probably never be what I was, but I can still enjoy the changes I can make and it's just healthy and fun! .
    Last edited by almostgone; 06-25-2024 at 03:16 PM.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Folks outside would ask me, “What was it like?”

Truth is, I looked great, drew authority and respect, spent mucho money on food & gear and most days felt like crap! Always sore, fuzzy headed, exhausted & waiting for my ticker to explode! And yet I still miss it!

Never claimed to be smart!!!

Truth is, I looked great, drew authority and respect, spent mucho money on food & gear and most days felt like crap! Always sore, fuzzy headed, exhausted & waiting for my ticker to explode! And yet I still miss it!

I can relate!

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET

I really dont spend much on gear and Im running something along with my trt year round. But of course I run small doses. Food is costly if you let it be, for bulking its not as much. Lean beef is more expensive than ever i rarely eat it and guess what, really no difference in my physique. But definetly that power and respect is there eventually it will be time to let it go just not yet.

Hang around awhile im sure you have some good stories to tell

You remember how crazy & jacked this place was in 2020!?! lol! That spring I ate half a cow! And joined my first comp here. Hired a coach. Worked my genetically inferior ass off! I’d have to look at my old blog but towards the end I was on 3 injectables, an oral, T3 and insulin !!! Half way thru the comp I exploded in size. I was sooooo proud. Then the last few weeks it just deflated. I couldn’t get pumped for photo day. My poses sucked. Got my ass handed to me on a paper plate. Step one of my eventual end

Thread Information