Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer

The EU is ****ing stupid

How the hell can so many european nations sell out there enery security to russia. While they are beeing ****ed in the ass satisfying the environmentalist assholes and not developing fully developing clean coal and nuclear power they also get totaly and utterly dependent on Russia.

I mean how blind are they How fun is it going to be when everytime Russia gets ticked off they shut of the gas pipelines.

Im glad sweden isnt that dependend yet, but it sure doesnt look like we will stay a energy exporter for much longer.
    Its getting ****ing ridicilous.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/cc56d860-5c6...0779e2340.html

What pisses me off even more is that sweden has the largest uranium deposits in the EU and we are NOT ALLOWED TO MINE IT. We could just start to mine that shit, build a few more plants and become a big time electricity and uranium exporter to the EU and make alot of cold hard money.

singern is offline Banned
    I would rather see the EU and the US invest there time and money in alternative energy sources. There is a ton of theory, research and development going on, the planet needs to move forward into an age of progressive enlightenment, and an end to the age of blackmailing dependency.

The current situation reminds me of drug dealers and addicts.
    Last edited by singern; 10-20-2006 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by singern
    I would rather see the EU and the US invest there time and money in alternative energy sources. There is a ton of theory, research and development going on, the planet needs to move forward into an age of progressive enlightenment, and an end to the age of blackmailing dependency.

What I would love to se is that all the mumbo jumbo about solar and wind power crushed once and for all because that is what is leading europe into the arms of a all loving money hungry russia.

It pisses me off everytime I hear someone say we should replace nuclear power with wind power. The environmentalists has been so succesfull in sweden that swedes acctualy think that is plausible.

What is needed is the next generation nuclear reactors. Safer, cleaner, more effective and cheaper. Build them. Only france and finland is doing that right now.

Also heavier investment into stuff like fusion power, hydrogen storage, biomass, ethanol, methanol, coal->disel ect.
    Put the money into the safe bets that we can develop now and increase funding to what might be good in the coming decades. But all the millions wasted on stuff that can never power europe or america. That is just silly.

The Russians loves it though.

Defenetly. And the dealers are more crocked than ever. ****ed up that the west is utterly dependent on russia and the middle east for our societies to function.

No european except me worried about this

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    No european except me worried about this
    I will be in Amsterdam next week does that count?

I will be in Amsterdam next week does that count?
    Almost.

Are you there for buisness or pleasure

Almost.

Are you there for buisness or pleasure

8 days of Pure pleasure.

8 days of Pure pleasure.
    Enjoy always wanted to go there myself but my girl would not find it to funny knowing I would be stoned 24/7

beuleux is offline Banned
    Russia will be a lot harder to invade if when they turn of the gas

Logan13 is offline Banned
    What I would love to se is that all the mumbo jumbo about solar and wind power crushed once and for all because that is what is leading europe into the arms of a all loving money hungry russia.

It pisses me off everytime I hear someone say we should replace nuclear power with wind power. The environmentalists has been so succesfull in sweden that swedes acctualy think that is plausible.

What is needed is the next generation nuclear reactors. Safer, cleaner, more effective and cheaper. Build them. Only france and finland is doing that right now.
    And Iran----right?!

With worldwide growing populations, solar and wind power are nothing more than theory. Who the hell is going to give up their land for a huge windmill? Nuclear is the only alternative energy source that we have which could be used on a large scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Logan13
    And Iran----right?!
    Sure let them build whatever the **** they want aslong as it isnt weapons

Quote Originally Posted by Logan13
    With worldwide growing populations, solar and wind power are nothing more than theory. Who the hell is going to give up their land for a huge windmill? Nuclear is the only alternative energy source that we have which could be used on a large scale.
    Amen.
    Solar would be plausible in places like africa and possibly the middle east. But not in north america and most parts of europe. Wind will never be anything but a complement to hydropower. Just a means to save some water in the dams when its windy.

But I guess the greens would not mind all electricity shutting off the moment it stops blowing.

I guess I will get my degree, take some nuclear reactor classes and move to france, finland or china

Thread Information