thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis

Man Arrested for ANTI-COP YouTube Video

Man arrested for anti-cop YouTube clip

DAVID GAMBACORTA
    U.S. News & World Report
    Friday, June 27, 2008

The comments made in the You Tube video are very similar to the death threats made by Michael Reagan to Mark Dice. This individual was arrested while Reagan was not even suspended from his radio show.

It took just a few weeks for Andre Moore to go from YouTube to the slammer.

Members of the state attorney general's Gun Violence Task Force announced Moore's abrupt career change yesterday morning by smashing a battering ram through the door of his West Philadelphia apartment.

(Article continues below)

The 44-year-old was arrested for calling for the murder of 18th District police officers in a video titled "Dissin' Philly Cops" that he posted on YouTube on June 6, law-enforcement officials said.

Moore, who's now been suspended from his job as a security guard at Albert Einstein Medical Center, was less than subtle in his performance.

While waving a gun through the air, Moore said, "I rejoice whenever they shoot a cop in Philadelphia because I hate them," according to a court affidavit containing a transcript of the video.

Later on, he offered instructions on to how to murder cops: "All we need is a Colt .275 to do it. Look, it's easy. You got the chamber, let it go off . . . anywhere in the head or heart . . . continue killing the 18th District police."

The officials said that Moore's 12-year-old son, Andre Jr., filmed the volatile video, and another underage relative held a gun in a second video that Moore posted on YouTube using the screen name "lildre502."

The videos are no longer available on YouTube.

Moore's wife, Tamara, expressed outrage over the incident during a phone interview last night.

"I knew nothing about any of this," she said. "Me, my son and our family are very much humiliated by the act Andre did.

"Whatever happens to him, happens. My job is being jeopardized because of this."

Investigators said that District Attorney Lynne Abraham and state Attorney General Tom Corbett became aware of the videos about two weeks ago.

They charged Moore with aggravated assault, corruption of minors, terroristic threats and harassment.

"Obviously, the charges could be challenged in court, but that's out of our hands," said police spokesman Lt. Frank Vanore. "You have rights, but that doesn't mean you can say something like this."

Obviously what the man said is undesireable, and certainly is on the borderline of free speech under the 1st. However, from the description in this article he did absolutely NOTHING illegal.

swol_je is offline Senior Member

MrGreen is offline Member
    All our right are being taken away slowly. I dont agree with what he said but its his right.

sooners04 is offline Senior Member
    Threatening to kill a person or a group of people is against the law. Did he do that? UP to a judge. Corruption of minors fits too.

200byjune is offline Senior Member
    idiot
    Last edited by 200byjune; 07-08-2008 at 07:16 PM.

NATE0406 is offline Anabolic Member
    we have rights to freedom of speach but thats not what this was. this was a threat on a specific group of cops. look at it this way if you are out some where and someone says that they are going to kill you and your friends you can have them arested. imo the guy was asking for it and i hope he goes to jail. i love how ppl talk so much shiot about cops but yet when they are in trouble they dont hesitate to dial 911.

BigLittleTim is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thegodfather View Post
    [B]
    Moore's wife, Tamara, expressed outrage over the incident during a phone interview last night.

"Me, my son and our family are very much humiliated by the act Andre did... Whatever happens to him, happens. My job is being jeopardized because of this."
    "Stand by your man..."

BigLittleTim is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thegodfather View Post
    [B]

They charged Moore with aggravated assault, corruption of minors, terroristic threats and harassment.

They always add "corruption of minors", don't they? Think that was one of the charges the Atheneans brought against Socrates.

You look up to see their enemies... and you find out that they're looking right at you instead.

Anyone see "John Adams" on HBO??

-BigLittleTim

Odpierdol_sie! is offline Senior Member
    Since this i have heard that the authorities have issued a warrant for the arrest of John Malkovich.
    It has been noted that in the movie "In the Line of Fire" he said that he wanted to assassinate the president of the US and was going to do it with a plastic hand gun that he made especially for the task.

Information that was leaked from the CIA details that the gun is buried under the Yankee's stadium. To lower the chance of damaging the turf the FBI along with ATF are using metal detectors to locate it.

John Malkovich is gonna do some major time for that threat i think.
    Last edited by Odpierdol_sie!; 07-10-2008 at 02:29 PM.

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    His Right to say anything he wants is a human right, it isn't subject to restrictions by the government.

He put a string of words together, that's it. And they came in overwhelming force with their rifles and body armor and battering rams. If he would have made any attempt to defend himself or flee, he would have been killed there under his own roof.

Killed for making threats on Youtube.

Thread Information