Voice of Reason is offline Senior Member

Exclamation Team 5 Investigates Fluoride Fears (But is disreguarding the real truth)

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAlexJ.../4/nZRWvcvPo3o

WTF!!! I will never drink unfiltered water again! These mother****ers are worried about the fluoride they got from china clogging lines, but look at what their putting in the water in the first place the SODIUM FLUORIDE!

Notice my picture clip I cut from their news story (read the label!),... are you ****ing kidding me. This is straight up government poisoning of mass populations in the U.S. We need to stop this slow genocide of us by taking it to our state servants!

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    what's your problem with flurination of water?

People speaking out against fluoride in water don't have any evidence to back up their claims. Most if not all the material is not scientifically valid and draws conclusions not supported by evidence or not statistically significant. Their claims are inflammatory and largely unfounded.

If fluoride is so bad, plz provide evidence to support this.

Buying shit from China is bad, they pay the people there peanuts and they sell us shitty shit.

They do it for your teeth. Fluoride dramatically reduces tooth decay.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fluoridation

I never asked the government to take care of my "teeth", so they would say to make it sound good and all the sheep drink it...

So why would any sane person oppose water fluoridation?

The answer is complex, but can be characterized by five statements of fact documented, where appropriate, in the peer reviewed medical literature:

* If it works at all, the benefits are very much less than claimed
    * It is strongly linked to three-fold increases in hip and other non-vertebral fracture rates; there is growing evidence of other even more serious medical consequences
    * A recent study showed evidence of intellectual impairment caused by fluoride
    * There is clear evidence that promoters have stacked the deck, suppressed evidence, and victimized or smeared those who speak out against the practice
    * Given a recommendation for medication, individuals in a free society have a right to choose whether or not to accept treatment, a right to expect properly controlled dosage and medical supervision, and a right to be told the truth. Water fluoridation abrogates these rights.

Fluoride: risks and benefits?©
    Disinformation in the service of big industry.
    by David R. Hill, P.Eng.
    Professor Emeritus, The University of Calgary, CALGARY, Alberta, Canada T2N 1N4
    : http://www.fluoridation.com/calgaryh.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    I never asked the government to take care of my "teeth", so they would say to make it sound good and all the sheep drink it...

So why would any sane person oppose water fluoridation?

The answer is complex, but can be characterized by five statements of fact documented, where appropriate, in the peer reviewed medical literature:

* If it works at all, the benefits are very much less than claimed
    * It is strongly linked to three-fold increases in hip and other non-vertebral fracture rates; there is growing evidence of other even more serious medical consequences
    * A recent study showed evidence of intellectual impairment caused by fluoride
    * There is clear evidence that promoters have stacked the deck, suppressed evidence, and victimized or smeared those who speak out against the practice
    * Given a recommendation for medication, individuals in a free society have a right to choose whether or not to accept treatment, a right to expect properly controlled dosage and medical supervision, and a right to be told the truth. Water fluoridation abrogates these rights.

Fluoride: risks and benefits?©
    Disinformation in the service of big industry.
    by David R. Hill, P.Eng.
    Professor Emeritus, The University of Calgary, CALGARY, Alberta, Canada T2N 1N4
    : http://www.fluoridation.com/calgaryh.htm
    That's crazy,
    did you see some of the dosages in those studies?
    75mg per day increased the rate of hip fracture
    well, drinking water is treated to 0.7ppm on average
    that's aprox 0.7mg per liter
    planning on drinking 100 liters a day are you?

the author doesn't bother to provide a source on the intellectual impairment claim. Or at least I didn't see one. But, that is a claim that often gets people worked up, so why not just throw it out there? The best he could come up with was a study feeding baby rats 100ppm water for 6-20 weeks. Geez, that's only like 150x as much.

His claims on reproductive health were worse. He talks about fish...then says, quotes an article about polloution MAY cause lower sperm count. And says organic farmers have a higher sperm count than not. That's hardly conclusive evidence that fluoride in the water supply is doing the same.

There wasn't a single study of value presented on cancer, athough that's a scary word.

If you have to resort to giving animals stupid doses to get the result you're looking for, you didn't prove your point.

stacked the deck to supress evidence.

who do you think these evil water contaminators are?
    lets see
    the American Dental Association
    the American Medical Association
    the World Health Organization
    Dental Insurance companies
    non-profits for improving dental health of the poor

who started the fluoride conspiracy

basically conspiracy theorists who thought those plinco commie bastards were numbing our brains to make us more manageable.

what keeps it going are spin offs from the sierra club and misguided individuals

http://www.junkscience.com/apr00/fluoride.html

fluoridation of water is one of the most studied public health items of all time

If there really were a Communist plot, is was to dumb down the educational system so that nonsense like a fluoride conspiracy theory could ever see the light of day.

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    This is no joke guys...I died from flouride contamination.

You know it's really simple Kratos just look at the picture I posted and read the label...

"DANGER! POISON - TOXIC BY INGESTION
    TARGET ORGANS: Heart, Kidney, Bones, Central Nervous System - Gastrointestinal System, Teeth.
    Do not get on eyes or on skin - Do not ingest or inhale wear proper inhalation respirator."

The poor dumb guys pouring this sh!t in our water have to wear a full body suit with respirator just to dump this shit in the water so they don't DIE!

thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    You know it's really simple Kratos just look at the picture I posted and read the label...

TARGET ORGANS: Heart, Kidney, Bones, Central Nervous System - Gastrointestinal System, Teeth.
    Do not get on eyes or on skin - Do not ingest or inhale wear proper inhalation respirator."

The poor dumb guys pouring this sh!t in our water have to wear a full body suit with respirator just to dump this shit in the water so they don't DIE!
    I suggest using the dictionary to look up the word "concentration." This should answer your questions regarding that picture.

Like many chemicals, the dose makes the poison.

Vitamin D, for example, is an important nutrient that promotes good health when ingested at recommended dosages. However, vitamin D also is a highly toxic chemical, and taking too much can lead to serious health problems including kidney stones, high blood pressure, deafness, and even death.

caffeine in a normal human diet does not cause illness, but just 50 times this amount could kill you.

oxalic acid found in spinach is harmless in the amounts anyone would normally eat but could lead to kidney damage or death if 10 to 20 pounds were consumed at a single sitting.

You'd have to eat 10grams of sodium fluoride to die, and that's provided you could keep it down. People who handle it everyday would naturally be exposed to more of it then the general public, so they take the nessicary measures to stay safe.

and the general consensus of those people who handle it, admit that it's bad and they just do it cause they need the job...

and the general consensus of those people who handle it, admit that it's bad and they just do it cause they need the job...
    I went on a tour of the sewage plant once. There was a guy in a row boat in the middle of a few hundred thousand gallon swimming pool of brown water with a stick to break up the chunks. I'm guessing the consensus of guys in a boat in the middle of the poop lake is that it isn't good, but he needs the job.

anyway the science is sound that it should be fine and is of great benifit to dental health.

if it bothers you even though the evidence doesn't support your fears, then remove it from the water you drink.
    http://chemistry.about.com/od/chemis...vefluoride.htm

this conspiracy theory is nothing new though,
    and still is lacking in proof

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0he-L...layer_embedded

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I accept that the Western Governments of the world are capable of all kinds of clandestine shit, stuff that the public will never be aware of but I don'y buy that the US gov. is trying to poison the public.

What exactly is it you think they will gain out of that?

Thread Information