Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Cuz

Thread: A little Father and Son bonding time

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET

A little Father and Son bonding time

https://youtu.be/xnjJ4ouaW68

Kids these days... well i mean 26. Not really a kid, i had a kid of my own, a mortgage a stable job and 800 credit score when i was 26 but that’s irrelevant. Couldnt even imagine this scenario what about you guys?

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    I think we've all fought our dads at least once or twice growing up. Never like that though.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    I think we've all fought our dads at least once or twice growing up. Never like that though.
    Indeed. I wanted to fight mine alot would have got my ass kicked but i mean a gun fight godamn lol thats a little extreme
    Honkey_Kong likes this.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    OMG. This is bizarro!

Fluidic Kimbo is offline Morale Officer (de facto)
    When I have children in the future, I'll wait til my future wife is in her 3rd trimester and then I'll take up the floorboards beneath the bath and put in a polymer basin filled with lime.

If any of those little pricks try any shit then they're going in the basin filled with lime under the bath. You'll see me at press conferences pleading for the safe return of my little angels holding their childhood stuffed animals.

Recently I've been exchanging emails with a professor emiratus of psychiatry who has written a few books. I'm weary of psychiatry in general but this guy seems alright. He said to me that if we don't have contact with our parents, then we end up carrying them around in our head with us.

I could make his point more generic and say that if you don't confront a problem, then you end up carrying the problem around with you.

Where the professor and I disagree though, is about where the confrontation takes place. I believe that you can sit by yourself on a stool in a bare room and confront anything and everything that needs to be confronted -- I believe that it's all in your own mind, heart and soul. I also believe that this can be done unconsciously.

Some physical environments are more conducive to emotional restoration. Earlier this morning I was at my friend's grave talking to him. I was explaining to my transcended friend that I found it funny when another person in town said to me that the last time they saw him, he was trying to remove the cap from a bottle of vodka that didn't have a cap on it. To some people, that might sound sad and pitiful, but I'm no angel, I've been shitfaced before and I know how funny it is to be out on a drinking session and to see someone stumbling around slurring their words doing stupid shit.

Behavioural modernity began in humans about 20,000 years ago according to our archaeological records. One of the things this brought was humour. I don't believe it's possible to look at anything forever without eventually laughing.

There is a certain beauty in loss. You can look at flowers and fine art photography all day with a firm understanding that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and still see a purer beauty in your own loss. You might giggle when you finally notice it. You might giggle when you realise that your emotional upheaval is really a testament to what the person really meant to you. It took a force to turn you inside out like that. That's beautiful.

I haven't seen my family in about 6 years, I've let go of them. Life is only about 7 or 8 decades or so, and some problems won't be solved in one lifetime. Meanwhile I have to be happy.

Thread Information